• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
thank you for your answer Bizon .. one more question please ... does your mod apply to the vanilla scenarios too ? i mean if i start with USA lets say in 1933 will i have all the events (surrender events etc) of your mod ? or do i have to start at 1945 mod scenario?

No problem :) At first glance I thought you mean the 1940 union proposal (which is referred to in DH Full I think and generally doesn't fall into NWO timeframe). If we're taking about 1956 crisis, I remember thinking about some extra cooperation between France and the UK. Although, I think that the union is tough to implement because the countries are already linked in a military alliance and I find it hard to see total unification realistic. Even the original proposal seemed to talk of something more along the lines of a loose commonwealth. Speaking of this, I'd rather dust off events for European integration from NWO1 which I liked and which originally allowed the creation of the European superstate (with marginal chance of succeeding). I think that they were abandoned upon conversion because AoD had a tag for EU and DH didn't.

As for more events for 1956 Suez Crisis I'll think about it. About Burma... well, until not long ago, there wasn't even an option not to release the colony so I treated the current situation as a huge improvement ;) Of course I'll bring Burma in line with other countries so a player won't be bothered with endless release events!

No problem, it was just a suggestion for you too put in.

Lol other things ive seen, is that on first page it says the Chinese civil war is heavily swayed for a Chinese victory. I've played 3 separate games and the Nationalists win every time. LOL. (not that i'm complaining about it) Another which is something that kind of annoys me. I think North Korea is far too powerful. In 2/3 of the games the Norths have crushed the south before any UN event has fired, and in the third i game i gave the south troops to help defend themselves, and they managed to defend themselves until the UN intervention came, but even then they couldn't push them back. I even switched to S.Korea to see if its the AI messing about, and even i couldn't do it. The troops are too disorganized, Allowing the North to just keep throwing troops at them and not allowing anything. The final is the Greek civil war, nothing changed at all and then they white peaced with the communists, and the communists allied with the Soviet Union. So when the war kicked off again the non-communist Greeks just got decimated.

thank you for your answer Bizon .. one more question please ... does your mod apply to the vanilla scenarios too ? i mean if i start with USA lets say in 1933 will i have all the events (surrender events etc) of your mod ? or do i have to start at 1945 mod scenario?

Sure, the mod applies to pre-1945 scenarios as well; some parts of it will only fire if WW2 ends though (in Europe or Pacific, depending on the event's context).

No problem, it was just a suggestion for you too put in.

Lol other things ive seen, is that on first page it says the Chinese civil war is heavily swayed for a Chinese victory. I've played 3 separate games and the Nationalists win every time. LOL. (not that i'm complaining about it) Another which is something that kind of annoys me. I think North Korea is far too powerful. In 2/3 of the games the Norths have crushed the south before any UN event has fired, and in the third i game i gave the south troops to help defend themselves, and they managed to defend themselves until the UN intervention came, but even then they couldn't push them back. I even switched to S.Korea to see if its the AI messing about, and even i couldn't do it. The troops are too disorganized, Allowing the North to just keep throwing troops at them and not allowing anything. The final is the Greek civil war, nothing changed at all and then they white peaced with the communists, and the communists allied with the Soviet Union. So when the war kicked off again the non-communist Greeks just got decimated.

Lately I wanted to give KMT better chance and put more fluidity to the war so much that accidentally, the balance flung to the other side. New AI also brought some change. I'm aware of this anyway and plan to fix it.

About Korea - OK, I'll run some test first, though. In my experience, the war can be unpredictable in both ways but it was too an assessment a couple of versions old.

About Greece - USSR shouldn't normally have Greece in their alliance, I'll increase neutrality factors for AI. In the end, I think I'll borrow some mechanisms from Korean War to make this war finally right.

Alternative history you say? Do you know this?

Wow :D This would certainly benefit from a modder with lots of time to implement it well :p

Just a quick question.

As Germany must you invade the USA during WW2 for the bitter peace NWO scenario to fire or is there no Axis victorious NWO scenario?

I've taken over britain, made stalin sign the bitter peace and am now at war with the Raj, Britain (who are solely in Africa) and the US.

Bizon,after defeated the communist cykas of Soviet Union,I choosed to restore the autocracy (absolutism,FAWK YEAH!) but the event is broken :p he put Andrei Vlassov as the Tsar and Alexander Kerensky as the prime minister,and this is so strange,because Vlassov is died no? :rolleyes:

67957_546594292089786_1746357213_n.png

Can you make a fix?Oh,and add a command to change the capital city to Saint Petersburg,and a last one to add cores to my lands,because the actual one only let me have cores in the heart of Russia

Upon loading the game with this mod, i get some kind of ´´Unrecognized minister error´´ And something about cavalry. What is that about?

Edit: Problem now fixed. Now i am getting a ´´Missing excel document´´ error instead.

Last edited:
Bizon,i advice you add Boris Smislovsky for white Russia as in Gukpa screen.Do you know story about 1st SS national russian divison "Russland" Whos escaped in Liechtenstein?Then,Smislovsky was formed nationalist organisation "Suvorov Legion"

Bizon,after defeated the communist cykas of Soviet Union,I choosed to restore the autocracy (absolutism,FAWK YEAH!) but the event is broken :p he put Andrei Vlassov as the Tsar and Alexander Kerensky as the prime minister,and this is so strange,because Vlassov is died no? :rolleyes:

67957_546594292089786_1746357213_n.png

Can you make a fix?Oh,and add a command to change the capital city to Saint Petersburg,and a last one to add cores to my lands,because the actual one only let me have cores in the heart of Russia

True, something must be mixed up with minister IDs. Vlassov/Kerensky duo, living or not, is not majestic enough for Russia reborn. :) I thought that Russia should inherit full set of SOV cores so didn't change anything here, I'll retrace those events and readd cores if they go missing somewhere in between. And can add some claims for 1914 Russian lands, for flavor.

Just a quick question.

As Germany must you invade the USA during WW2 for the bitter peace NWO scenario to fire or is there no Axis victorious NWO scenario?

I've taken over britain, made stalin sign the bitter peace and am now at war with the Raj, Britain (who are solely in Africa) and the US.

Surrender events are independent of each other and Bitter Peace is surely achievable without invading USA and the UK (it would be weird to expect player to defeat USA first). To be precise, getting Bitter Peace first lets British and American surrender to fire slightly earlier (less stringent requirements) but it's not a huge difference and surely not a strict prerequisite.

Is there a way to give generals retirement dates? It gets a little weird when I have General Eisenhower leading troops in the Vietnam War.

(and)

I am actually glad my leaders and ministers don't have retire dates for me because then id have nobody left by the 80's. lol

Happy to please some of you, sorry to disappoint others, I have sorted this out for 2.2.

All ministers, if not set otherwise, will expire in 1964 and all leaders, again if not explicitly given, in 1960. From this date, there will be only historical Cold War ministers and leaders as well as generic ministerial "shadows" and generic leaders as well (so there will be someone to gain experience and become higher level commanders).

At first 2.2 will be surely lacking historical persons (especially leaders) and I will surely never reach level close to WW2 detail but WW2 leaders taking command in Vietnam War bug me a lot too :)

Upon loading the game with this mod, i get some kind of ´´Unrecognized minister error´´ And something about cavalry. What is that about?

Edit: Problem now fixed. Now i am getting a ´´Missing excel document´´ error instead.

Sounds to me like a problem with game setup. Do you have 1.03 patch installed and followed the exact mod setup instructions?

Bizon,i advice you add Boris Smislovsky for white Russia as in Gukpa screen.Do you know story about 1st SS national russian divison "Russland" Whos escaped in Liechtenstein?Then,Smislovsky was formed nationalist organisation "Suvorov Legion"

Interesting, didn't know that. I'm not sure if it absolutely has to be included in the game (after all, I don't think that DH Full tackles with Vlassov and German policies towards the East during the war as much as HSR or CORE used to do for HoI1) but it might be a good flavor event some time. German post-war refugees also begged for their flavor events for a long time and eventually they received them :)

Apparently important conflicts between two giants were left out...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Indian_War

Not at all! War of 1962 was a comparatively recent addition but it was certainly taken into account and added to the mod. Do you mean that no events for this conflict actually fire in 1962? I'll check it.

I encountered a strange thing earlier.

Shortly after Castro came to power I got a message saying Cuba had changed Government. I had a look and sitting there as Head of State was Fulgencio Batista. That wasn't the strange bit though, the strange bit was the fact that Cuba was still Leninist even with Batista at its helm. Then it kept on getting weird. The Castro visits America events started firing and eventually the Bay of Pigs event fired as well. Really weird.

I am not okay with this on many levels...Gukpa you are dead to me in every way.

I do not care,DDR fanboy :p

Oh,and Bizon,Russia must not claim 1914 borders,I guess that claims will be ridiculous,1945 borders is better

Interesting, didn't know that. I'm not sure if it absolutely has to be included in the game (after all, I don't think that DH Full tackles with Vlassov and German policies towards the East during the war as much as HSR or CORE used to do for HoI1) but it might be a good flavor event some time. German post-war refugees also begged for their flavor events for a long time and eventually they received them :)

Not at all! War of 1962 was a comparatively recent addition but it was certainly taken into account and added to the mod. Do you mean that no events for this conflict actually fire in 1962? I'll check it.

Actually I ahistorically start it earlier as CHC, but there is no peace event firing after I roflstomped the Indians, forcing me to annex India completely (which is so unrealistic)..., also, there is no core on sumdo as CHC (while CHI has).

It should be made a decision by Chinese rather than fixed date.

Btw, the lack of cores on Macao and Hong Kong is deliberate or what...

bugs:

- Burma was not released from puppet (bug in UK event)
- similarly for Bhutan and Nepal
- Qian Xueshen is available before he came back from US for CHC, in fact, he should not even come back if US does not go anti-communist...
- terrible bug of CHC absorbing all the mobilized manpower of CHI(30k!) when annexing CHI.

Suggestions:

- when CHC develop nukes, relationship with USSR should go down, nobody wants a nuclear power in their backyard.

- this treaty should be considered as an event or decision, CHC kind of forfeit the traditional claims to Mongolia in this treaty, in exchange blueprints and aids should be received from soviets.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_Treaty_of_Friendship,_Alliance_and_Mutual_Assistance

- I believe this is also an important treaty in Chinese civil war, the nationalist recognize Mongolia independence (and hence lost cores) and should receive a dissent hit (due to territorial loss), in exchange for no Soviet support of Mao. But Soviet violations later on (historically) means this treaty is revoked (hence cores are re-added, as in today's map of Taiwan ROC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_Treaty_of_Friendship_and_Alliance

- Taiwan should be garrisoned by more than just 1 hopeless division (can't even secure both beachheads) after nationalist defeat, IMO there should be more garrisons on the Island (but morale should be really low due to their recent crushing defeat in mainland). There should also be events/decisions for Chiang to initiate a campaign to retake the mainland as he historically planned to do so, especially during the cultural revolution.

Last edited:
I encountered a strange thing earlier.

Shortly after Castro came to power I got a message saying Cuba had changed Government. I had a look and sitting there as Head of State was Fulgencio Batista. That wasn't the strange bit though, the strange bit was the fact that Cuba was still Leninist even with Batista at its helm. Then it kept on getting weird. The Castro visits America events started firing and eventually the Bay of Pigs event fired as well. Really weird.

A strange thing... Can it be that Castro was assassinated so that some backup minister was chosen for HoS (I believe there's only one minister entry for Castro and Batista may come in several flavors, more leftist ones too)? Anyway, I'll add "headofstate" triggers for all the events relating to Castro.

Actually I ahistorically start it earlier as CHC, but there is no peace event firing after I roflstomped the Indians, forcing me to annex India completely (which is so unrealistic)..., also, there is no core on sumdo as CHC (while CHI has).

It should be made a decision by Chinese rather than fixed date.

Btw, the lack of cores on Macao and Hong Kong is deliberate or what...

bugs:

- Burma was not released from puppet (bug in UK event)
- similarly for Bhutan and Nepal
- Qian Xueshen is available before he came back from US for CHC, in fact, he should not even come back if US does not go anti-communist...
- terrible bug of CHC absorbing all the mobilized manpower of CHI(30k!) when annexing CHI.

Suggestions:

- when CHC develop nukes, relationship with USSR should go down, nobody wants a nuclear power in their backyard.

- this treaty should be considered as an event or decision, CHC kind of forfeit the traditional claims to Mongolia in this treaty, in exchange blueprints and aids should be received from soviets.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_Treaty_of_Friendship,_Alliance_and_Mutual_Assistance

- I believe this is also an important treaty in Chinese civil war, the nationalist recognize Mongolia independence (and hence lost cores) and should receive a dissent hit (due to territorial loss), in exchange for no Soviet support of Mao. But Soviet violations later on (historically) means this treaty is revoked (hence cores are re-added, as in today's map of Taiwan ROC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_Treaty_of_Friendship_and_Alliance

- Taiwan should be garrisoned by more than just 1 hopeless division (can't even secure both beachheads) after nationalist defeat, IMO there should be more garrisons on the Island (but morale should be really low due to their recent crushing defeat in mainland). There should also be events/decisions for Chiang to initiate a campaign to retake the mainland as he historically planned to do so, especially during the cultural revolution.

I can't check it at the moment but I believe the conflict starts with a decision (at least this is how tensions start to build up). About the fact that the war always happens in 1962 and there's no limited war functionality - I agree with you, especially in case of CHC, it would be interesting to let China push its territorial claims everywhere (India, Tibet, Taiwan, Hongkong, influence in Korea and Vietnam) and wage limited wars. But it's a tough thing to implement properly on a larger scale, it's not only a problem of China.

About manpower absoption - an interesting point but I'm not sure I can do much about it as it's a game engine thing. I always thought of China as limited by IC, not manpower anyway :) I can introduce at some point limiting events though, similar to the ones for divisions count, to rule out such extremes.

About Soviet-Chinese relations - I agree that they can be more fleshed-out than they currently are (there's a puny event for the split, AFAIK). I should be covering this event: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict for 2.2.0, so that's a good opportunity to sort this out.

About cores on Hongkong/Macao... they were never there (I mean, in HoI series), and I didn't add it; I'm not sure about how AI is going to behave (Portugal may be potentially significantly weaker than China so they may cave in too easily and I don't want to see CHC going to war over Macau too). But it may be good to introduce the subject of talks over those lands in 1970s to provide ahistorical options here.

As for Taiwanese force... I never had a good idea to implement any chance of KMT returning to mainland China so never bothered too much with the balance of force here. I could give Nationalists some IC bonus to prevent their forces from starving but I don't think it will change things too much.

A strange thing... Can it be that Castro was assassinated so that some backup minister was chosen for HoS (I believe there's only one minister entry for Castro and Batista may come in several flavors, more leftist ones too)? Anyway, I'll add "headofstate" triggers for all the events relating to Castro.

None of the ministers, including Batista, were leftists. It was almost as if Cuba had reverted back to the pre-revolution government but still called itself communist. :confused: