• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bizon

Lt. General
39 Badges
Apr 4, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • 200k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
Current Version: 2.3.4 (2018-03-29)
Compatibility: Darkest Hour 1.05.x

Download

Installation notes are included below, in the first post. The second post contains a review of the mod's features.

NWO2_640.png

Credits

The mod contains Cold War Tech Tree techtree extension mod by Kretoxian and contributors, improved by ejwith995 in The Grand Campaign Mod.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?689868-Cold-War-Tech-Tree-Expansion
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-grand-campaign-1914-1991.730432/

The mod contains SKIF icons by derekg36
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-style-icons-for-darkest-hour-CWTTE-and-NWO-2

Special thanks for eeex for debugging and publishing hotfixes!

Moreover, the mod uses work done by:
- gstrits45 (the minister files and photos for Communist China and Communist Germany - DDR)
- Leonaru (ACIP ministers for U70-U99 countries)
- General Mosh (conversion of Space Race events)
- omega20 (major help with 1945 OOBs)
- danielshannon (help with tech teams and Soviet ministers)
- eeex (1945/1950 scenario ministerial setup, corrected counter gfx, Eastern European countries flags, 1.04 RC compatibility)
- FCZP (help with ministers, OOBs, propaganda pictures and other things for USSR)
- Dodraugen (national insignia for East Turkestan)
- RumpNissen89 (national insignia for Free City of Trieste and communist USA)
- Rrt877 (flags of Burma, Iraq and Egypt)
- Kretoxian (OOBs for SFR Yugoslavia)
- MajkaRusija (original names of air units for SFR Yugoslavia)
- lanodaka (post-1945 tech teams)
- Piajr (ministers and tech teams for Poland and Communist Poland)
- Limith (ideas for improvement of Chinese Civil War and postwar Chinese states)
- OneAussieMan777 (events for Australia, from "Australia, A Nation Worth Fighting For" mod)
- borrowski4 (couple of events for India and Pakistan)
- derekg36 (improvements for Spain)
- A-150 (event hotfixes)
- Stuka Ju87 D3 (fixing unit modifiers)
- Panda69 (events for united Europe)
- JonathanJ6 (Soviet leaders for communist Poland)
- Korsteeni (USA ministers pack)
- burning_phoneix (Saudi Arabia)
- der Kriegsherr (ministers)
Some pictures of Soviet ministers come courtesy of both the Kaiserreich team (old leninists) and Pioniere, provided by danielshannon.

Some 1980s ministers are from the 1989 Turning Point mod (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?558029-1989-Turning-Point), sent for me by hansnery.

Big thanks!

Installation instructions:

Copy contents of the downloaded NWO archive into your game's mod directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods").

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Mod's features

New World Order 2 is a mod which task is to provide compelling reason to keep playing Darkest Hour after 1945 at least until planned end of timeline in 1991. Based on its predecessor that allowed seamless playability from 1936 well into depths of Cold War it combines DH Full map with huge number of events accounting for post-war elections, declarations of independence, local conflicts and shifts in economic production around the world. Regional strifes and Cold War flashpoints can erupt into World War 3 on a global scale with DH's world embroiled in a nuclear struggle. The task of the mod, once again, is to recreate all the plausible venues in which the World War 2 could have ended, and experience the darkest hours of the Cold War era.

New scenarios
nwo_scenarios.png

Scenarios for the world just after the World War 2 (1945, "New World Order"), just before Korean War (1950, "Doctrine of Containment"), after the death of Stalin (1953, "Death of Stalin") in the middle of the 50s decade (1956, "Race to the Moon") and before a nuclear crisis flares up western hemisphere (1959, "Caribbean Crisis"). Later scenarios let the player jump immediately to the later part of the mod's timeline.

New ministers
NWO1 introduced about 4000 single changes to ministerial posts for the mod's timeline. This edition of the mod will have all of those elections and similar events converted and enriched.

Economic dynamism
economicdevelopment.png

The 1936 setup prepared for Darkest Hour Full becomes hardly relevant for 1950+ timeline, when big changes in placement of industrial centres worldwide started to happen. The mod addressess this by simulating economic ups and downs of countries around the world until year 2000.

Chinese Civil War
chinesecivilwar.png

The mod portrays Chinese Civil War and strive to balance it to let communist side win it in most cases. To achieve this, communist side receives many bonuses in pre-1945 years and during the war there are a lot of events creating partisans loyal to communist cause as well as dissent in nationalist ranks.

World War 3 flashpoints
cubanmissilecrisisquara.png

There are events for several historical moments when World War 3 was very close from being sparked. Playing as United States or Soviet Union the player can take a risk and try to avoid the war or press the opponent harder. These flashpoints include: Berlin Airlift, Berlin Crisis of 1962, Iran Crisis of 1946, Abadan Crisis, Korean War, Cuban Missile Crisis and others

Korean War
korean_war.png

The mod contains a recreation of Korean War with event-driven simulation of momentum that originally made drastic turnarounds in the war possible. Americans, Soviets and Chinese can all influence parity of military power of two fighting sides and United Nations have also their say. The war is designed to go either way with each of sides having their window of opportunity for decisive strike.

Cold War alliances
warsaw_pact.png

After the war the original setup of Allies gave way to the Cold War division of the world. The mod dismantles the WW2 alliances replacing it with event-driven guarantee-based model and let's the world superpowers to recreate fully-fledged alliances by creating NATO and Warsaw Pact

Marshall Plan
marshall_plan.png

When Europe was in ruins after WW2, USA, after some deliberation, made an initiative to help in rebuilding the Old World's economies, known as Marshall Plan. The mod allows USA to decide once again whether to offer this help (at some cost) and which country will get it. Marshall Plan can encompass communist Poland and Czechoslovakia and even other Eastern Bloc countries, if only USSR agrees to such a move.

New independent nations
independence_of_indonesia.png

The mod includes scripted independence events for all countries that gained their independence during the timeline. This allows to simulate decolonization process and makes Asian and African political map more and more interesting as the time goes.

Independence wars
arab_israeli_war_1948.png

The mod simulates peaceful recognition of autonomy of once-colonial territories around the world but not always independence of countries went so smoothly. The mod simulates such conflicts as Arab-Israeli War of 1948, First Kashmir War of 1948 and Indonesian National Revolution of 1945-1949 which can influence final borders of new entities or even prevent their existence.

Space Race
alan_shepard.png

It was not only about national pride. The so-called space race demonstrated technological superiority of world superpowers, especially in the area of intercontinental rockets, not a thing to be taken lightly in nuclear age. From the end of the WW2 and Operation Paperclip, the mod recreates most memorable moments of the space conquest.

WW2 surrender events
allied_liberation_of_europe.png

World War 2 could end in many ways and the mod aims to simulate those different endings, creating the world after the war's conclusion which takes into consideration both historicity and plausibility. The mod simulates Europe after Hitler's fall (Der Untergang), Asia after Japan surrenders (The Jewel Voice), respectively Russia (The Bitter Peace), UK (The Crumbling Empire) and USA (The Lost Hope) after Nazi victory and even Allied quick victory over Germany before Barbarossa happens to take place (Peace in Our Time).

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
yay! this FULL like with all events and such?

EDIT: many bugs and usa cant place naval units anywhere.

also has no air bases & naval ones... fix it than release

Last edited:
yay! this FULL like with all events and such?

EDIT: many bugs and usa cant place naval units anywhere.

also has no air bases & naval ones... fix it than release

OK, you meant fixing THAT. I don't know what can cause this but I surely see into this. About air and naval bases... you're right, there are bases that exist in provinces.csv but that's little. I'll take care for this for the next release but I'll have to do this manually.

EDIT: I repeat myself in both threads but it's a very easy fix, I'll post this today. I overlooked it :D

Grr, if only it wasn't only compatible with 1.02b, I refuse to install that beta until its finished. >.<

I'm almost sure it will run in 1.01, I just didn't test it. You may take a look.

Last edited:
Fired up as Iceland for a hands off game.

Stalin and Truman engage in hand overs.

Stalin: I'll trade you Poland for rest of Germany!
Truman: Deal!

Sort out SOV's beachhead defences, this only took a week or so to happen once one unit landed. The AI is insane.

I posted a hotfix for no bases issue :)

LiamRiordan, why do you play the mod on the previous vanilla map? Are you sure it's NWO2 1.5.1 version? Or is it only a screenshot it's mixed.

AI is probably quite crude, because it's simply taken from DH Full. I'll correct Korean quick war in the next version but taking care of whole AI will take time. So many things to correct that I didn't have to care about in NWO1 where there was whole AI already working. ;)

The mod is nice, but I noticed a few province issues:

- AFAIK, Erfurt (171) belonged to DDR.
- Pola (406) and Capodistria (403) belonged to YUG.
- Iasi (297) and Galati (298) belonged to Romania.
- Khorugh (1104) belonged to SU

I don't know if you used the map converter, but I think it's better to notice you anyways.

I posted a hotfix for no bases issue :)

LiamRiordan, why do you play the mod on the previous vanilla map? Are you sure it's NWO2 1.5.1 version? Or is it only a screenshot it's mixed.

AI is probably quite crude, because it's simply taken from DH Full. I'll correct Korean quick war in the next version but taking care of whole AI will take time. So many things to correct that I didn't have to care about in NWO1 where there was whole AI already working. ;)
Ok I deleted and reinstalled the mod again following your instructions, this time the game crashes with the error:
"excel file not found". Frustrating.

Hi great mod some noticed
When play with Turkey my supplies is running out really fast when I look it is say help allies -110 after my supply finish it still same and I cant do anythnig about it but leave allies. SOmetimes gearing bonus not work also.

Hi great mod some noticed
When play with Turkey my supplies is running out really fast when I look it is say help allies -110 after my supply finish it still same and I cant do anythnig about it but leave allies. SOmetimes gearing bonus not work also.

Just check off "Automatically Aide Allies" in the production menu and cancel any trades that automatically went in place.

Last edited:
Also, is the Chinese Civil War not added, yet? It's 1947, playing as the Communists, nothing has happened yet...

thats weird i have civil war in 1946 and ussr is always doing nothing and vietnam won and is attacking india with all its millita.

The mod is nice, but I noticed a few province issues:

- AFAIK, Erfurt (171) belonged to DDR.
- Pola (406) and Capodistria (403) belonged to YUG.
- Iasi (297) and Galati (298) belonged to Romania.
- Khorugh (1104) belonged to SU

I don't know if you used the map converter, but I think it's better to notice you anyways.

Thanks for the tip, it's kind of feedback that's most helpful at this point. I used the converter, more precisely: I made this converter exactly to let me prepare NWO2. But I was sure there may be a couple of bad conversions in place.

Ok I deleted and reinstalled the mod again following your instructions, this time the game crashes with the error:
"excel file not found". Frustrating.

Maybe the instructions are too vague, so I'll try to explain the best I can. BTW, the "excel file not found" is DH's way of saying that everything went FUBAR and the game cannot find its files. If you copy the game exe to your desktop and try to run the game, the information will be exactly like that. So I'm quite sure it's not the lack of some specific "excel file" it's causing this.

Again:
1. I'll presume you have the game installed in "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour". It means that you have "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Darkest Hour.exe" and "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Darkest Hour Launcher.exe" there as well as all the game files. Specifically, you have "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods" subfolder with at least two folders there: "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full" and "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Light". You can run the game through the launcher or the game exe and it works.
2. You make a copy of "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full" doing Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V in the "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods" folder. You should have now, after a while of copying a "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full - Copy" folder.
3. You rename the "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full - Copy" folder to "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\New World Order 2" (it's not strictly necessary and the name is not important :)"
4. You download the NWO_151a.zip archive and extract it to "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\New World Order 2", replacing already existing files ("Yes to all").
5. You go back to ""C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\" folder and choose to run the launcher. You choose New World Order 2 from the list of mods (it should load an icon with NATO emblem)
6. You click "Launch" button.

If you can run the game at all, I'm quite sure you can run this mod unless you copy-paste the files in places where they shouldn't be ;)

And about the Chinese Civil War: it's not there yet. Currently, the game is as sandboxy as it can get ;)

Great work on the New World Order mods so far!

But I seem to get the same error using DH 1.01.1 even though I am pretty sure I applied your installation instructions correctly.

Did anyone get the mod to work with this version?

Again:
1. I'll presume you have the game installed in "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour". It means that you have "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Darkest Hour.exe" and "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Darkest Hour Launcher.exe" there as well as all the game files. Specifically, you have "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods" subfolder with at least two folders there: "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full" and "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Light". You can run the game through the launcher or the game exe and it works.
2. You make a copy of "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full" doing Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V in the "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods" folder. You should have now, after a while of copying a "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full - Copy" folder.
3. You rename the "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full - Copy" folder to "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\New World Order 2" (it's not strictly necessary and the name is not important :)"
4. You download the NWO_151a.zip archive and extract it to "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\New World Order 2", replacing already existing files ("Yes to all").
5. You go back to ""C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\" folder and choose to run the launcher. You choose New World Order 2 from the list of mods (it should load an icon with NATO emblem)
6. You click "Launch" button.
As strange as it seems, its still going wrong, even though I use those instructions without you even telling me.

I'm perplexed... I used Kaiserreich more than DH Full, you think the Kaiser is jealous of a new mod encroaching on his time?

Still, this is rather perplexing, should be a simple copy/overwrite job.

I'll re-install DH in a separate folder after I have a nap, I'm bushed.