• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Playing SOV, I went with continued support for Kurdistan in 1946, but Kurdistan still had the event "Withdrawal of Soviet Support".

Also, the "Protecting our Sphere of Influence" event made SOV join an alliance with Communist Greece once the civil war began.

Last edited:
I started the game as USA in 1936, and i have a crash that i can't solve.The crash is at 17/05/1947.It seems that is a liberation event but i dont know which! How can i solve it? i want to continue my game!

I started the game as USA in 1936, and i have a crash that i can't solve.The crash is at 17/05/1947.It seems that is a liberation event but i dont know which! How can i solve it? i want to continue my game!

Can you zip the latest save game, upload somewhere and post the link? Maybe I'll be able to reproduce this?

no offence but of course it's easy to achieve alt history results on very easy... It's VERY easy.
NWO2 has no alt history at the moment (unless i missed a few releases) so if you win ww2 with Poland then the mod will most likely not work for the most part because your supposed to be a liberated communist Poland not a free democratic Poland. If you want to see all the potential the mod has it would be best to play as the USSR, UK or USA because they won IRL and so winning with them in the mod will allow all the other events to happen....

I truly agree with that what You said. I just wish there would be more alternative history events...

Ok no it was my fault i modified smth in the files of the game and i had crashes.BUT there is a bug that i want to signal...when france declares war (or USA or whichever nations) declare war on URSS, the rdt annex a lot of countries! france turkey greece denmark, all annexed by the communist germany! to remove this bug i had to unify the two germanies! pls resolve this bug! also France continue to declare war on URSS!

Also i was in 1963 and still no Sytian independance, so i released syria as french mandate and now i have an independant syria and a french mandate that occupy lebanon, i snormal? i waited till novemeber 1963 but still no syrian independance.

Also i was in 1963 and still no Sytian independance, so i released syria as french mandate and now i have an independant syria and a french mandate that occupy lebanon, i snormal? i waited till novemeber 1963 but still no syrian independance.

I strongly suggest you not to disturb event chains added by the mod by releasing countries manually.

Except Syria i didnt do anything except releasing korea and iran and iraq (these two last nation after the war were under japanase control even if the japan lost the war),for korea...i occupied it with my army as USA, and then i released it immediately but for sure these actions didnt interfere with the european situation!

I'm playing as the USSR and I just signed the M-R pact, but when I try to demand the Baltic state's annexation it just says that "It's against our policy to claim provinces from X". Even though I'm at full intervention and authoritarian. I'm not sure if this is a DH or NWO 2 problem.

Also in another game older game the USSR the managed to take control of France and established Commie France. The UK managed to take a tiny sliver of southern France and all her colonies, and as you would expect all the French colonies were granted their independence by the UK occupiers. The odd part is that the southern part of France that the UK occupied somehow ended up as part of Algeria. 0.o

Both started from the 1936 scenario

Sorry this maby its a fool question, but where is the hotfix ?
I have the problem with the URSS event of Security in Europe and i can't play freely with that.

And other think, I have the version 8.7 if I actualize to the 8.8 version, I need a new game or can continue the one I already have.

PD: My apologies for my english.

I'm playing as the USSR and I just signed the M-R pact, but when I try to demand the Baltic state's annexation it just says that "It's against our policy to claim provinces from X". Even though I'm at full intervention and authoritarian. I'm not sure if this is a DH or NWO 2 problem.

Also in another game older game the USSR the managed to take control of France and established Commie France. The UK managed to take a tiny sliver of southern France and all her colonies, and as you would expect all the French colonies were granted their independence by the UK occupiers. The odd part is that the southern part of France that the UK occupied somehow ended up as part of Algeria. 0.o

Both started from the 1936 scenario

You may only annex the Baltics in the summer of 1940

You may only annex the Baltics in the summer of 1940
really? I've seen the AI USSR do it right after the pact is signed.
Even if I claim random provinces in other countries I can't demand their territory. D:

Edit: just tested it by reloading as a different country, within a few days the USSR started annexing the Baltic countries.

Last edited:
Is it normal that soviet puppets don't have tech teams?

Ok no it was my fault i modified smth in the files of the game and i had crashes.BUT there is a bug that i want to signal...when france declares war (or USA or whichever nations) declare war on URSS, the rdt annex a lot of countries! france turkey greece denmark, all annexed by the communist germany! to remove this bug i had to unify the two germanies! pls resolve this bug! also France continue to declare war on URSS!

Well, it used to be a known and perfectly clear problem. It occured to anyone controlling Berlin (usually DDR) in case of WW3 because surrender events (Der Untergang and Peace in Our Time event sets) kicked in while they shouldn't (they had very weak triggers).

If you still experience this problem it means that either:
a) you use an old version (early 1.8.x ones)
b) you started an unsupported scenario (1953, 1956)

I'm not sure if b) can give this effect but it's possible. I'm working on 1953 scenario for the next version so it won't be for long.

If neither a) or b) apply, please let me know!

I strongly suggest you not to disturb event chains added by the mod by releasing countries manually.

I don't guarantee that event chains (esp. surrender ones) are proofed for manual release of puppets but it would be a very bad design on my part if manual releasing created big problems. If there are any such situations, please report.

Is it normal that soviet puppets don't have tech teams?

Nope, they should use the same tech teams as in DH Full. I don't remember any problem here, will check it today.

I truly agree with that what You said. I just wish there would be more alternative history events...

Writing historical events usually is more awaited for (why there is no war in Indochina, etc... :) ), it's easier for me to come up with possible triggers and actions and (it's quite important really) pictures and event descriptions are easy to get.

I'd also love to include more alt-history as well, maybe someone is going to volunteer and help me with this? :)

AHA, understand! so i tell: i started in 1936 as USA and i use the latest version 1.8.8 i downloaded it from this forum.Thats'all, Bizon, with your version of darkest hour u dont have problems with DDR?

I fixed the tech teams issue, i don't know why they were not activated in db\teams.txt.

BTW, i think that ussr should be a bit technologically advanced in the 1956 scenario, for that year the Mig 17 and the t-54 among others, were already invented...

Forget it I already fixed.

Anyway, i want to report a bug, playing as Soviet Union when you choose to stay and protect Kurdistan, Kurdistan separates from the union and the relation down -100, in the two options.

Last edited: