• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you download the reference archive from the first post of the thread, you can find a economic_dev folder where I have things like population, industrial development and oil production more or less researched. Feel free to propose some balance changes but anyway I find it quite acceptable and I could certainly base such a "desired army size" on this data.

As for AAs, airports and so on I'm in dire need of some input, the mod in almost every respect uses 1936 data :/ If you have some time to do research and add/remove such buildings for 1945+ timeline, please send me modified inc files, I'll be happy to include them. Even if at least at first the data won't be balanced across the world (some countries would be researched, some not) that would help a lot.

Just built a ballistic missile sub and realized, I don't think you can put nukes on them yet. Is that so?

yes, it is the same in darkest hour full, balistic subs not so balistic
it's a shame

Yet, they can perform Shore Bombardment missions, which confuses me to this day as this makes absolutely no sense. If they can do this, why not let them fire nukes?

It wouldn't be that hard a change to make once 1.03 comes in... (well more specifically you could give them the nuke launch mission (perhaps a brigade you can mount nukes on that is 'lost' when the mission is fired to reflect SSBMs))

It wouldn't be that hard a change to make once 1.03 comes in... (well more specifically you could give them the nuke launch mission (perhaps a brigade you can mount nukes on that is 'lost' when the mission is fired to reflect SSBMs))

It would be really great change to see. Rebalance Rockets/ICMBs (lower range/late historical year), that would make ballistic missile submarines usefull (against enemies behind ocean).

Is there anyway to fix the limited war bug until it is patched in a new version of the mod?

You should be able to comment out the reference to "limited_wars.txt" in events.txt file. I should have posted a new version due to this bug outstanding but as usual I was tempted to push a bit more of content into the mod. I want to test all the additions today and release the new version with:

- events for creation of NATO / Warsaw Pact (WW2 Allies will disassemble in 1945, yet there'll be a system of guarantees in place until formation of new alliances)
- rebalancing of probabilities of WW3 in various situations
- changes in governments for communist European countries (other specific events and Hungarian Revolution 1956 planned for the next version)
- proper Eastern European governments in 1945 and 1950 scenarios
- limited wars mostly removed/redone
- a couple of minor fixes/additions

Well, technically, but there are almost no flavor events other than a generic "WWIII Goes Hot!" event.

And, for the record, a couple of elections events for USA, UK, Canada and Australia (?). Anyway, you could count on fingers events for 1953-64 timeline.

Doing some checks to the new version yesterday evening I spotted an error which could make members of NATO and Warsaw Pact leave their alliance by event after those alliances form. I cannot do those changes now but it's an easy thing to correct and I'll upload the version when I'm back home.

I hate that event. It happens for me almost right after the of WW2 every time.

Which is super dumb since it took several years and events to cause the Cold War to kick off. Heck a historical chain that covered the events of 1945 to 1950 would be a beautiful thing in and of itself.

Loaded up the 1956 scenario, very nice to have some later scenarios!

For the 1956 scenario some events need to be added to the game history:
Communist Germany:8004305, 8004306, 8004309
The entire taiwan_straits_crisis folder
Japan: 8007815
All events about the dissolution of WW2 Alliances+the creation of NATO/Warsaw Pact

West Germany+Portugal should already be part of NATO at gamestart.
Cambodia+Nat. Vietnam should no longer be puppets of France, after 1954 they lost all their influence over there.
Japan should grant military access to the USA.

Also the cabinets of the communist countires in the 1950, 1953 and 1956 scenarios are wrong. They all have the cabinets of the 1945 scenario. Anyway your mod is great! Keep it up!

Last edited:
Not yet. This mod, which goes from WWII until the 1960's, is as far as anyone's accomplished so far.

The Modern Day Extension mod for Arsenal of Democracy has achieved precisely what he asks for, with it's own enormous extended tech tree and extensive support for a German victory in World War 2. I hope that Bizon has the same ambitions and will make use of the massive resources available in that mod. That tech tree combined with Darkest Hour and NWO2 would be a dream come true.

Loaded up the 1956 scenario, very nice to have some later scenarios!

For the 1956 scenario some events need to be added to the game history:
Communist Germany:8004305, 8004306, 8004309
The entire taiwan_straits_crisis folder
Japan: 8007815
All events about the dissolution of WW2 Alliances+the creation of NATO/Warsaw Pact

West Germany+Portugal should already be part of NATO at gamestart.
Cambodia+Nat. Vietnam should no longer be puppets of France, after 1954 they lost all their influence over there.
Japan should grant military access to the USA.

Haha :D

It's actually my fault because I wanted to release the version ASAP and didn't bother to delete the corresponding scenario files from the release. 1956 scenario is my contribution to Space Race Mod Redux and 1953 is an offshot, planned to be released within a couple of future versions.

Be prepared that while I made a couple of changes from 1950 scenario to suit later scenarios, you can consider them unsupported as of yet, there may be some dragons there, even more than in my usual "supported" scenarios ;)