+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 115 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast

Thread: New World Order 2

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

New World Order 2

Current Version: 2.2.1 (2013-12-29)

Compatibility: Darkest Hour 1.03

Download latest version

Installation notes are included below, in the first post. The second post contains a review of the mod's features.

Credits

The mod works with Cold War Tech Tree techtree extension mod by Kretoxian and contributors.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Tree-Expansion

The mod contains SKIF icons by derekg
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...WTTE-and-NWO-2

The mod uses work done by:
    - gstrits45 (the minister files and photos for Communist China and Communist Germany - DDR)
    - Leonaru (ACIP ministers for U70-U99 countries)
    - General Mosh (conversion of Space Race events)
    - omega20 (major help with 1945 OOBs)
    - danielshannon (help with tech teams and Soviet ministers)
    - eeex (1945/1950 scenario ministerial setup)
    - FCZP (help with ministers, OOBs, propaganda pictures and other things for USSR)
    - Dodraugen (national insignia for East Turkestan)
    - RumpNissen89 (national insignia for Free City of Trieste and communist USA)
    - Rrt877 (flags of Burma, Iraq and Egypt)
    - Kretoxian (OOBs for SFR Yugoslavia)
    - MajkaRusija (original names of air units for SFR Yugoslavia)
    - lanodaka (post-1945 tech teams)
    - Piajr (ministers and tech teams for Poland and Communist Poland)
    - Limith (ideas for improvement of Chinese Civil War and postwar Chinese states)
    - OneAussieMan777 (events for Australia, from "Australia, A Nation Worth Fighting For" mod)
    Some pictures of Soviet ministers come courtesy of both the Kaiserreich team (old leninists) and Pioniere, provided by danielshannon.

Some 1980s ministers are from the 1989 Turning Point mod (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Turning-Point), sent for me by hansnery.

Big thanks!

Reference material

In reference material (available through codeofwar.tk site, under the link above) you can find various files which I created when preparing the mod. Among others there are:
    - calculations for worldwide IC and resources rearrangement for 1945-2000 years
    - minister changes for the mod's timeline
    - underlying calculation for starting techs
    - mod's event numbering, existing flags, etc.
    If you find some of these files useful, feel free to use them.

Installation instructions:

- Go to your game's mod directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods");
    - Make a copy of "Darkest Hour Full" directory, which is going to take a while (a lot of files to be copied);
    - Rename the copied directory "New World Order 2"
    - Install the latest version of the CWTT mod (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Tree-Expansion) into the "New World Order 2" directory
    - Copy contents of the downloaded NWO archive into the "New World Order 2" directory.

To sum up, you install CWTT first, then NWO. If you do this other way round, the combination will work, but you will lose a couple of tech teams and may encounter some minor glitches.
    Last edited by Bizon; 12-03-2014 at 19:49.
    www.codeofwar.tk
    Look for my various Paradox games-related mods and programs

Some of my projects:
    Chronicle - a savegame viewer and game stats extracting application for Clausewitz Engine games
    DH Companion for Darkest Hour - a savegame viewer and game stats extracting application
    New World Order 2 for Darkest Hour - Cold War mod for years 1945-1991 using DH Full map
    The Grand Campaign (AAR+NWO) for Darkest Hour - an attempt to link two mods to allow for full 1914-1963 playable scenario

Alternative download location for my files: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a80a3...Mp0fiO8XZayZuc

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Mod's features

New World Order 2 is a mod which task is to provide compelling reason to keep playing Darkest Hour after 1945 at least until planned end of timeline in 1991. Based on its predecessor that allowed seamless playability from 1936 well into depths of Cold War it combines DH Full map with huge number of events accounting for post-war elections, declarations of independence, local conflicts and shifts in economic production around the world. Regional strifes and Cold War flashpoints can erupt into World War 3 on a global scale with DH's world embroiled in a nuclear struggle. The task of the mod, once again, is to recreate all the plausible venues in which the World War 2 could have ended, and experience the darkest hours of the Cold War era.

New scenarios

Scenarios for the world just after the World War 2 (1945, "New World Order"), just before Korean War (1950, "Doctrine of Containment"), after the death of Stalin (1953, "Death of Stalin") in the middle of the 50s decade (1956, "Race to the Moon") and before a nuclear crisis flares up western hemisphere (1959, "Caribbean Crisis"). Later scenarios let the player jump immediately to the later part of the mod's timeline.

New ministers

NWO1 introduced about 4000 single changes to ministerial posts for the mod's timeline. This edition of the mod will have all of those elections and similar events converted and enriched.

Economic dynamism

The 1936 setup prepared for Darkest Hour Full becomes hardly relevant for 1950+ timeline, when big changes in placement of industrial centres worldwide started to happen. The mod addressess this by simulating economic ups and downs of countries around the world until year 2000.

Chinese Civil War

The mod portrays Chinese Civil War and strive to balance it to let communist side win it in most cases. To achieve this, communist side receives many bonuses in pre-1945 years and during the war there are a lot of events creating partisans loyal to communist cause as well as dissent in nationalist ranks.

World War 3 flashpoints

There are events for several historical moments when World War 3 was very close from being sparked. Playing as United States or Soviet Union the player can take a risk and try to avoid the war or press the opponent harder. These flashpoints include: Berlin Airlift, Berlin Crisis of 1962, Iran Crisis of 1946, Abadan Crisis, Korean War, Cuban Missile Crisis and others

Korean War

The mod contains a recreation of Korean War with event-driven simulation of momentum that originally made drastic turnarounds in the war possible. Americans, Soviets and Chinese can all influence parity of military power of two fighting sides and United Nations have also their say. The war is designed to go either way with each of sides having their window of opportunity for decisive strike.

Cold War alliances

After the war the original setup of Allies gave way to the Cold War division of the world. The mod dismantles the WW2 alliances replacing it with event-driven guarantee-based model and let's the world superpowers to recreate fully-fledged alliances by creating NATO and Warsaw Pact

Marshall Plan

When Europe was in ruins after WW2, USA, after some deliberation, made an initiative to help in rebuilding the Old World's economies, known as Marshall Plan. The mod allows USA to decide once again whether to offer this help (at some cost) and which country will get it. Marshall Plan can encompass communist Poland and Czechoslovakia and even other Eastern Bloc countries, if only USSR agrees to such a move.

New independent nations

The mod includes scripted independence events for all countries that gained their independence during the timeline. This allows to simulate decolonization process and makes Asian and African political map more and more interesting as the time goes.

Independence wars

The mod simulates peaceful recognition of autonomy of once-colonial territories around the world but not always independence of countries went so smoothly. The mod simulates such conflicts as Arab-Israeli War of 1948, First Kashmir War of 1948 and Indonesian National Revolution of 1945-1949 which can influence final borders of new entities or even prevent their existence.

Space Race

It was not only about national pride. The so-called space race demonstrated technological superiority of world superpowers, especially in the area of intercontinental rockets, not a thing to be taken lightly in nuclear age. From the end of the WW2 and Operation Paperclip, the mod recreates most memorable moments of the space conquest.

WW2 surrender events

World War 2 could end in many ways and the mod aims to simulate those different endings, creating the world after the war's conclusion which takes into consideration both historicity and plausibility. The mod simulates Europe after Hitler's fall (Der Untergang), Asia after Japan surrenders (The Jewel Voice), respectively Russia (The Bitter Peace), UK (The Crumbling Empire) and USA (The Lost Hope) after Nazi victory and even Allied quick victory over Germany before Barbarossa happens to take place (Peace in Our Time).
    Last edited by Bizon; 04-11-2013 at 23:49.
    www.codeofwar.tk

Some of my projects:
    Chronicle - a savegame viewer and game stats extracting application for Clausewitz Engine games
    DH Companion for Darkest Hour - a savegame viewer and game stats extracting application
    New World Order 2 for Darkest Hour - Cold War mod for years 1945-1991 using DH Full map
    The Grand Campaign (AAR+NWO) for Darkest Hour - an attempt to link two mods to allow for full 1914-1963 playable scenario

Alternative download location for my files: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a80a3...Mp0fiO8XZayZuc

yay! this FULL like with all events and such?

EDIT: many bugs and usa cant place naval units anywhere.

also has no air bases & naval ones... fix it than release
    Last edited by Wowwars; 24-09-2011 at 04:40.
    Wannabe Quallity assurance tester for Pdox Interactive.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron IIILeviathan: WarshipsSemper FiThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the Roses500k club

Grr, if only it wasn't only compatible with 1.02b, I refuse to install that beta until its finished. >.<
    You think you know idiots? Work in retail and the betting industry like I do.

Want to have a leg up in your Darkest Hour games while in your darkest hour? Then try some of the adapted cheats from Hearts of Iron II!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ats&p=15827566

Quote Originally Posted by Wowwars View Post
    yay! this FULL like with all events and such?

EDIT: many bugs and usa cant place naval units anywhere.

also has no air bases & naval ones... fix it than release
    OK, you meant fixing THAT. I don't know what can cause this but I surely see into this. About air and naval bases... you're right, there are bases that exist in provinces.csv but that's little. I'll take care for this for the next release but I'll have to do this manually.

EDIT: I repeat myself in both threads but it's a very easy fix, I'll post this today. I overlooked it

Quote Originally Posted by LiamRiordan View Post
    Grr, if only it wasn't only compatible with 1.02b, I refuse to install that beta until its finished. >.<
    I'm almost sure it will run in 1.01, I just didn't test it. You may take a look.
    Last edited by Bizon; 24-09-2011 at 11:57.
    www.codeofwar.tk

Some of my projects:

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2

Good! thx Bizon for ver for DH full,but why North Korea begin invasion in South Korea after 1 play week ? and why South Korea have manpower doctorine ? can you fix it ?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron IIILeviathan: WarshipsSemper FiThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane

I get an error of:
    "Excel file not found"

EDIT: Grr, derp. Just re-read the install instructions.

Want to have a leg up in your Darkest Hour games while in your darkest hour? Then try some of the adapted cheats from Hearts of Iron II!

Fired up as Iceland for a hands off game.

Stalin and Truman engage in hand overs.

Stalin: I'll trade you Poland for rest of Germany!
    Truman: Deal!

Sort out SOV's beachhead defences, this only took a week or so to happen once one unit landed. The AI is insane.

I posted a hotfix for no bases issue

LiamRiordan, why do you play the mod on the previous vanilla map? Are you sure it's NWO2 1.5.1 version? Or is it only a screenshot it's mixed.

AI is probably quite crude, because it's simply taken from DH Full. I'll correct Korean quick war in the next version but taking care of whole AI will take time. So many things to correct that I didn't have to care about in NWO1 where there was whole AI already working.
    www.codeofwar.tk

Some of my projects:

Darkest Hour

The mod is nice, but I noticed a few province issues:

- AFAIK, Erfurt (171) belonged to DDR.
    - Pola (406) and Capodistria (403) belonged to YUG.
    - Iasi (297) and Galati (298) belonged to Romania.
    - Khorugh (1104) belonged to SU

I don't know if you used the map converter, but I think it's better to notice you anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizon View Post
    I posted a hotfix for no bases issue

LiamRiordan, why do you play the mod on the previous vanilla map? Are you sure it's NWO2 1.5.1 version? Or is it only a screenshot it's mixed.

AI is probably quite crude, because it's simply taken from DH Full. I'll correct Korean quick war in the next version but taking care of whole AI will take time. So many things to correct that I didn't have to care about in NWO1 where there was whole AI already working.
    Ok I deleted and reinstalled the mod again following your instructions, this time the game crashes with the error:
    "excel file not found". Frustrating.

Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Hi great mod some noticed
    When play with Turkey my supplies is running out really fast when I look it is say help allies -110 after my supply finish it still same and I cant do anythnig about it but leave allies. SOmetimes gearing bonus not work also.

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    50 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adige View Post
    Hi great mod some noticed
    When play with Turkey my supplies is running out really fast when I look it is say help allies -110 after my supply finish it still same and I cant do anythnig about it but leave allies. SOmetimes gearing bonus not work also.
    Just check off "Automatically Aide Allies" in the production menu and cancel any trades that automatically went in place.
    Last edited by T.j. Arnold; 25-09-2011 at 03:31.
    "Telling people "how it's done" is rather condescending, especially if you have no idea what their background is." - Had a dad

How to install and play Darkest Hour on a Macintosh computer!

Don't lose your cool. This is a great forum, and there is no point in getting worked up over something pointless. There are two sides to everything.

50 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Also, is the Chinese Civil War not added, yet? It's 1947, playing as the Communists, nothing has happened yet...
    "Telling people "how it's done" is rather condescending, especially if you have no idea what their background is." - Had a dad

Don't lose your cool. This is a great forum, and there is no point in getting worked up over something pointless. There are two sides to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    Also, is the Chinese Civil War not added, yet? It's 1947, playing as the Communists, nothing has happened yet...
    thats weird i have civil war in 1946 and ussr is always doing nothing and vietnam won and is attacking india with all its millita.
    Wannabe Quallity assurance tester for Pdox Interactive.

50 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowwars View Post
    thats weird i have civil war in 1946 and ussr is always doing nothing and vietnam won and is attacking india with all its millita.
    Maybe it doesn't spark if you play as one of the sides...

Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    Maybe it doesn't spark if you play as one of the sides...
    I never see Vietnam war but China civil war is happing at 1947-48. Thx for tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Pityubaa View Post
    The mod is nice, but I noticed a few province issues:

- AFAIK, Erfurt (171) belonged to DDR.
    - Pola (406) and Capodistria (403) belonged to YUG.
    - Iasi (297) and Galati (298) belonged to Romania.
    - Khorugh (1104) belonged to SU

I don't know if you used the map converter, but I think it's better to notice you anyways.
    Thanks for the tip, it's kind of feedback that's most helpful at this point. I used the converter, more precisely: I made this converter exactly to let me prepare NWO2. But I was sure there may be a couple of bad conversions in place.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamRiordan View Post
    Ok I deleted and reinstalled the mod again following your instructions, this time the game crashes with the error:
    "excel file not found". Frustrating.
    Maybe the instructions are too vague, so I'll try to explain the best I can. BTW, the "excel file not found" is DH's way of saying that everything went FUBAR and the game cannot find its files. If you copy the game exe to your desktop and try to run the game, the information will be exactly like that. So I'm quite sure it's not the lack of some specific "excel file" it's causing this.

Again:
    1. I'll presume you have the game installed in "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour". It means that you have "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Darkest Hour.exe" and "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Darkest Hour Launcher.exe" there as well as all the game files. Specifically, you have "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods" subfolder with at least two folders there: "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full" and "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Light". You can run the game through the launcher or the game exe and it works.
    2. You make a copy of "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full" doing Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V in the "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods" folder. You should have now, after a while of copying a "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full - Copy" folder.
    3. You rename the "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full - Copy" folder to "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\New World Order 2" (it's not strictly necessary and the name is not important "
    4. You download the NWO_151a.zip archive and extract it to "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\New World Order 2", replacing already existing files ("Yes to all").
    5. You go back to ""C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\" folder and choose to run the launcher. You choose New World Order 2 from the list of mods (it should load an icon with NATO emblem)
    6. You click "Launch" button.

If you can run the game at all, I'm quite sure you can run this mod unless you copy-paste the files in places where they shouldn't be

And about the Chinese Civil War: it's not there yet. Currently, the game is as sandboxy as it can get
    www.codeofwar.tk

Some of my projects:

Great work on the New World Order mods so far!

But I seem to get the same error using DH 1.01.1 even though I am pretty sure I applied your installation instructions correctly.

Did anyone get the mod to work with this version?

Quote Originally Posted by Bizon View Post
    Again:
    1. I'll presume you have the game installed in "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour". It means that you have "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Darkest Hour.exe" and "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Darkest Hour Launcher.exe" there as well as all the game files. Specifically, you have "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods" subfolder with at least two folders there: "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full" and "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Light". You can run the game through the launcher or the game exe and it works.
    2. You make a copy of "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full" doing Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V in the "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods" folder. You should have now, after a while of copying a "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full - Copy" folder.
    3. You rename the "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full - Copy" folder to "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\New World Order 2" (it's not strictly necessary and the name is not important "
    4. You download the NWO_151a.zip archive and extract it to "C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods\New World Order 2", replacing already existing files ("Yes to all").
    5. You go back to ""C:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\" folder and choose to run the launcher. You choose New World Order 2 from the list of mods (it should load an icon with NATO emblem)
    6. You click "Launch" button.
    As strange as it seems, its still going wrong, even though I use those instructions without you even telling me.

I'm perplexed... I used Kaiserreich more than DH Full, you think the Kaiser is jealous of a new mod encroaching on his time?

Still, this is rather perplexing, should be a simple copy/overwrite job.

I'll re-install DH in a separate folder after I have a nap, I'm bushed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 115 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast