• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*We need level 3 Medium Bomb and level 2 Twin Engine Airframe for this!

Thailand is a democratic pro-Allies country, but they seem to be prefer neutrality, at least for now. Indochina adopted strict neutrality. It should be noted that the relations between the two countries are strained.

-------

Concerning production plans, should we build more aircraft?

OK, change the research to "what is needed for radar guided bombs" as top priority.
I think we can safely ignore Indochina and Siam, unless we want to take on India and then we should only consider Siam, but we might as well just invade directly near Rangoon bypassing them totally.
In my opinion we lack H-Ftr(or heavy jet fighters) and CAG's. There is still a long time before we can build H-J-Ftr so we might keep the practical up, and we can always use more CAG, among others for ASW.

Generals, Admirals,

may I suggest to retrain the garrison forces we currently do not have a useful deployment for into regular infantry formations. The reasoning being that the garrisons currently lack survivability and mobility and we constantly need more regular infantry units. Turning these units into regular infantry formations will alleviate two problems at the same time at a lower cost than just raising more regular infantry formations. Though we would not gain more raw men under arms, we would gain more effective men under arms. Later, we will add support brigades to these formations, so they can be used efficiently where they are needed.

The current garrisons that are deployed currently can help guard the Burma boarder along with the Mountain units, they can also help garrison China.
Retraining them to infantry will wast resources and time, better to build new infantry so our overall forces get bigger.
If we decide to retrain them we might as well retrain them as Mech which will be immensely more useful, maybe we can get the Armaments minister to comment on what the cost would be per brigade to retrain Gar to Mech? (I guess 3-4 month and 5-6IC each, which is far better than the current build time for mech)

If we decide to retrain them we might as well retrain them as Mech which will be immensely more useful, maybe we can get the Armaments minister to comment on what the cost would be per brigade to retrain Gar to Mech? (I guess 3-4 month and 5-6IC each, which is far better than the current build time for mech)
*This won't be allowed.

Note regarding the navy's plan for retaking our lost islands.

Air force
The H-Ftr's are used twice as Adm. Yamamoto & Baltasar wants to use them against the communists too.
Their primary purpose for this campaign must be to protect the fleet by flying intercepts and air superiority over the BB fleets. At least 6 should support the operations here.
Another 3 should stay in the Singapore area to fly intercept and there by warn us if any CV fleet moves in on that area.
2 are flying intercept over China to stop the XSM airforce.
Leaving 2 to help bombing, the medium bomber might as well help here along with all CAS, as they all now should be issued drop tanks they should be able to bomb from bases as far as Port Arthur, Peking and Harbin(?) which should ensure that they all can be supplied and as important all can be repaired.
The heavy bombers should continue to hammer the 3 remaining Chinese warlords industry to hamper their repair and supplies.
I would have hoped we had another 3 Figtherbombers to help the navy with any invasions but those weren't build and CAG's suck at this.

Navy
The fleets should always operate in supply and under air cover to safeguard against any problems.

Ground forces
At the time when the offensive reaches Hawaii a corps(Gundan) of infantry should be in reserve in Japan to support operations there at which point they might be permanently stationed in Hawaii which then also should expand its fortress to maximum.

General Surt, you'll need all aircraft you can get your hands on for ComChi. Diverting a wing or two of heavy fighters for naval operations is appreaciated, but the bulk should be used in China. Singapore can be defended with light fighters.

General Surt, you'll need all aircraft you can get your hands on for ComChi. Diverting a wing or two of heavy fighters for naval operations is appreaciated, but the bulk should be used in China. Singapore can be defended with light fighters.

I'd rather take a little longer on the commies than risk losing the fleet, so at least 6 H-Ftr should always cover fleet operations.

I'd rather take a little longer on the commies than risk losing the fleet, so at least 6 H-Ftr should always cover fleet operations.
This will be very difficult due to logistical constraints, especially when we reach Hawaii, as both our fleets and our aircraft will have to be supplied from the bases with rather limited capacity, since we cannot reach Hawaii from Truk or Saipan.

This will be very difficult due to logistical constraints, especially when we reach Hawaii, as both our fleets and our aircraft will have to be supplied from the bases with rather limited capacity, since we cannot reach Hawaii from Truk or Saipan.

May be it should only be that way in the initial engagements where we expect the US to fight the hardest.

Concerning the attack on the Wake Island and Midway, how should our fleets be used? If we mass all our ships in one zone outside the invasion target, they will be very vulnerable due to problems with coordination.

As usual, the battlegroups block the port while the carriers remain in adjactend areas to provide CAG support. Fast division will either intercept fleeing enemies or act as rearguard should the neccessity arise.

*Due to unforeseen circumstances I lost my save games (well, in fact I lost the whole HOI3 folder), which means that the AAR will no longer be continued. Sorry guys. It's been fun.

This thread will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.