• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Draft plan
Approved: Baltasar
Pending approval: grull

Research (priority order, no research ahead of time)
- BB techs
- BC techs
- BB / BC doctrines
- CL techs
- CL doctrines
- Underway replenishment
- Base operations
- DD techs and doctrines
- Industrial techs
We do suggest the army to have a look at first aid, combat medicine and agricultural technologies. We do not have an unlimited pool of men and since the navy does require a lot less men, it does seem that this is a mainly army issue.

Production
2x BB (when possible, latest starting point is once the IJN Yamato is finished)
1x Transport (10x seriell)
1x CAG (with 3x seriell)

War plans
Naval blockade will be conducted according to this plan: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...LAY-THREAD&p=13007418&viewfull=1#post13007418
Note that 5th, 3rd and 4th fleet have been slightly changed. 5th has recieved an additional BC, 3rd an additional CV while the CVL from this fleet has been moved to 4th fleet.

The marines will be commited where the army recommends it. We do not yet engage in island warfare and the marines will have to fight alongside army units. Since the army has more experience in land warfare, we are willing to let our men learn from them. As such, this homengun should be taken into consideration by army planners.

Last edited:
Honored Generals, when do you suggest we mobilize our forces? The troops will need a few days to reorganize and resupply.

Last edited:
You're Highness.

As the newest member of the navy administration board, I trust and pray that you will honour me with me being able to put forward my oppinions.

Firstly, as you might know war is brewing in the west. It would be foolish to think that we would be able to stay out of it.
As the athorianistical system that our country opperates under is similiar to Hitler's Reich, I presume that they will be our choice of sides.
I have taken time to read Hitler's book on his oppinions, Mein Kampf, and has drawn the conclusion that they will try to eradicate the Soviet Union. This is a worrying and proporuse future.
Let me explain, you're Highness.

The war that's about to (probably) break out, will most likely be a war between Fascism and all of the other idealogies. Now, Hitler despices things such as Libertarianism, Democracy and liberalistical trade. My thought's when counting these things up is, naturally, the USA. Now, the USA is not weak, and they are potent defenders. They would probably be able to defend against, or even defeat, Hitler. But should they be engaged in two fronts...

My point being, we need to face the possibility of a war with the USA. Firstly, the islands that they claim is naturally not theirs. We should continue to equip and train a good marine corps, so that we can rather easily take these islands as a first step. Also, a countinuation of the development of light ships to harass their convoys is needed, but the most important thing is, according to me, a potent marine airforce. That is, if we can harass, support our troops and more using carries and airplanes, we might be able to dry them out. My last statement about light ships is to defend these also.

But, in a more short term vision, I would recommend essentially the same strategy when it comes to China.

Honourable regards, Grull.

Last edited:
Admiral grull,
you are invited to contribute to the plans I lined out earlier. The marine corps is already established as well as a sizable navy air arm. If we should see war with the USA, we'll annihalate their fleets. It would seem prudent not to occupy their islands in the midst of our empire, but to harass their convoys and force their fleets to defend these outposts. This way, we can easily put a giant strain on their industry while we can focus on building yet more ships and planes until we are ready to finally deal with them.

We can easily use our surface fleets to raid enemy convoys and if the enemy dares to try and protect his vessels, out fleets will pack more than enough punch to deal with them easily.

Our current plans regarding the marine corps evolves around the idea of having a unit capable of conducting opposed landings, raiding enemy backwater areas (ie forcing the enemy to adress even a temporary threat in his rear) and attacking and holding enemy logistical centers. Obviously, the marines are the troops of choice when it comes to island assaults, but we're not looking into this just yet. It is certainly on the cards, though, and we do have several possible objectives in mind.

Last edited:
Admiral grull,
you are invited to contribute to the plans I lined out earlier. The marine corps is already established as well as a sizable navy air arm. If we should see war with the USA, we'll annihalate their fleets. It would seem prudent not to occupy their islands in the midst of our empire, but to harass their convoys and force their fleets to defend these outposts. This way, we can easily put a giant strain on their industry while we can focus on building yet more ships and planes until we are ready to finally deal with them.

We can easily use our surface fleets to raid enemy convoys and if the enemy dares to try and protect his vessels, out fleets will pack more than enough punch to deal with them easily.

Our current plans regarding the marine corps evolves around the idea of having a unit capable of conducting opposed landings, raiding enemy backwater areas (ie forcing the enemy to adress even a temporary threat in his rear) and attacking and holding enemy logistical centers. Obviously, the marines are the troops of choice when it comes to island assaults, but we're not looking into this just yet. It is certainly on the cards, though, and we do have several possible objectives in mind.

Thank you, Hon. Baltasar.

Of course, I wish not to change the plans, only to put forward an opinion. You make the better point though, and that I have no shame in telling. (That is, I approve with you're current plans).

OOC: I don't want to clamp in here and change everything :).

From Army HQ North, General Surt.
Sorry for having been absent in the discussions recently.

Regarding mobilization, HQ North expect to start the day we have a signed alliance with Guangxi, then all armies will also start moving to their jump off harbours for the various invasions. We can then start the war at any appropriate time, either when we have finished the mobilization or just go ahead when most have and the armies are gathered.
As I expect the mobilization/organization gain to be bad on ships the troops should be unloaded most of the time.

I haven't had time to find out where the additional troops would be used. Preliminary thoughts are south and/or Shanghai.

General Cody wrote earlier that he thought we should reinforce the GuangXi, while they are our allies, we do not want to do their job for them, on the other hand we will land 3-4 Homengun next to them to get the rares just north of Canton and cut off any armies near Hainan.

General Cody also wrote that he thought we should cut off all harbours to strangle them, that would be a good idea if we expected that war to last for a long time. Instead we expect that we will capture any traded good when we capture Nanjing within 1-2 months of campaign start.
It is essential not to connect all 3 theatres as our supply network would then collapse, you will see it partly when the 2 northern parts are connected. Therefore the 3 small harbours next to Taiwan are not planned as targets for the army but rather for the navy's convoy and ship hunters.

*Technical note
It is essential not to connect all 3 theatres as our supply network would then collapse, you will see it partly when the 2 northern parts are connected. Therefore the 3 small harbours next to Taiwan are not planned as targets for the army but rather for the navy's convoy and ship hunters.
It's possible to make manual convoys to ports so that the land supply route will not be the only one available. Auto-convoy creation AI sometimes fails to do that, so I will do it manually if necessary. The arriving supplies will be added to the network. It helps.

*Technical note

It's possible to make manual convoys to ports so that the land supply route will not be the only one available. Auto-convoy creation AI sometimes fails to do that, so I will do it manually if necessary. The arriving supplies will be added to the network. It helps.

I'm sadly aware of this bug :/ (it doesn't seem to be present in ftm or?)

keeping them separate also lessens the cost of supply transportation etc. and gives a much clearer picture of the supply situation.

Plans

Army organization

Plan B - Bolchevik pacification campaign

Plan C - Chinese pacification Campaign

Updated Plan C
chinabigplan3.jpg

The Canton landing is extended to 4 Homengun, primary target surround and destroy the Chinese armies west of Canton.
- Land 2 Homengun on unopposed coastal provinces just west of Canton. So the transports are not occupied for too long.
- Marines landing on the ports in the area to secure supply.
The Shanghai landing is expanded to 4 Homengun also, one attacking from Manchuria, other 3 landing.
- Landings start after the Canton landings are done.
- don't advance too far inland at Nanjing, only take the 2 adjecent VP.
- the extra manchurian Homengun attacks toward Jinan, the 2 Manchurian covers their flank.
The North China Attack is like the original plan.
GuangXi will get Guiyang as its target, VP just north of it, then the nearest VP to it as the march forward. We wont support them directly as we don't want them to take too much.

The plan might look strange but it builds on some assumptions that might or might not we correct.
- Once we reach the marked area China should succumb to our armies.
- The area that is covered should be as small as possible so they don't go into desperation mode and calls the rest of its allies.
- Don't conqueror any other warlord before the Kuomintang folds as that also means they call their allies.
- We leave the 3 ports next to Taiwan free as we expect a relative short war, should it last long after Nanjing falls we might revise this.
- We don't want the southern and the northern front to unite as the supply situation will ruin any offensive.
- We should be able to destroy 20 divisions in the south pocket, and maybe a couple in the Qingdao one.
- All landings should be unopposed (except for marines) on long fronts.
- Don't land too many on the southern Chinese Island, 2 div and a marine should be enough.

Last edited:
Final Plan of the Imperial Japanese Army
[DRAFT PENDING FULL APPROVAL]

General note, this is very much a continuation of the previous plan.

General Surt [SN] – Approved
General Comm Cody [SS] – Pending approval

Admiralty Stamp of Approval On Homeland Affairs and Naval Research - Pending Additions

I.
Our general major strategy should be to seek 'Great Power' status (200+ IC) over the next few years via actions in China and factory construction, then onto ‘super Power’ (350 IC) status.

Currently at 128IC (+ ~40 from china) so ~32 to go.

II. Diplomacy/Intelligence
1.a Continue to support our party in the Warlord cliques Yunnan in western China - Yunnan is not relevant anymore, remove focus.
1.b Lower the Warlord cliques Guangxi neutrality in western China, change to counter espionage once we ally.
1.c Seek to, and repeatedly envoy Guangxi (&Yunnan) to sign a military alliance as they become threatened by the Kuomintang, and come to the axis corner if at “maybe” status.
2.Stop using spies on the UK as long as we are not on 10 spies in all our target.
3. Keep 0.1 LS in diplomacy for trade and embargoes.
4. When our neutrality is no longer a problem support our unity until we lose the org penalty then support party.
5. Change NatChi & ComChi to lower unity once we are at war with them.

III. Production
1.a Continue the current factory constructions, Replace as and when they are finished by new ones. Navy has Approved.
2.a Repeat build of 2/3xGar as reserve until all the following are properly garrisoned;

-Any port in mainland Japan, ie. where you can walk to from Tokyo, should have 3xGar(+Art)*.
-Any port on the Asian mainland should have 2xGar, including incompetent puppets ports.
-Any other pacific port should get 2xGar
-Any size 10 port should get 3xGar+(art)*, (that should be Truk and Kaohsiung on Taiwan).
-Any additional Garrisons to be formed to placed along the Soviet border

*2.b.I Build the pure garrisons first. Artillery should be constructed separately as a new stream to speed up garrison training. Artillery can be sited later, and individual garrisons can train with their guns while on site.

CLAUSE 3. Build artillery to fill our infantry in the proportion 2 ART:1 AAA:1 AT
3b. Keep building 2xinf of 2 inf brigades. (building 3 art types should keep up), this should give us an full Homengun each year.
3b. Start building heavy fighters one at a time.
3c Start building 10xGarx2 extra to guard ports in China.
3d Start building 5xMPx2 to guard resources and factories in China. For 3xlarge rare deposite, 2x10 factories.

4. Keep 10IC in upgrades.
5. Before war, set reinforcement to 0.75IC to keep up with attrition. Balance with supplies.
6. Mobilise after we ally with GuangXi, increase reinforcement to whatever needed.

7. An escalated war with the Soviets would need substantial investment in infrastructure, namely expansion of the northern ports including Toyahara on Sakhalin, and some rail going west from Sakhalin. Building a mobile airfield gets first priority.
7b. 5xGarx2 will be needed to garrison ports.

8. After Radar is invented, build a series of 5 radar in Tokyo. !!!Need navy approval.

IV.
The IJA propose a 'research priority list'. I will separate it into three sections; Army, Naval and Homeland Affairs. Technologies at the top of each list are the highest priority.
"&" represents alternate between both programs.

This list will need to be updated every cabinet meeting, changing year, techs or processes. The list will be intended to require slightly more research programs than we can truly fund, such that as some projects are completed others can be started on.

Techs should be allocated by one from each sector, until total research capacity is filled. ---> research projects still retain tenure in the list until date is met. This means that we have recognised them as a long term investment than a single cycle tech now.

No ahead of time except:
*If a tech is before the year by less then a month (e.g. it is Dec '36, but the tech is a '37 tech (ie. 1 month before time), still begin research for competitive advantage)
Techs marked with + are new relative to the last half year

Note: Homeland Affairs will need Navy ratification.

Homeland Affairs
Industrial Efficiency*
Industrial Production *
Supplies Production
Repair Workshops
Fighter Defence doctrine & Interception Tactics & Central Fighter Command Structure

Supply throughput*
Supply Cost*
Rare Materials*
Combat radios
Education*
Agriculture+
Radar*(only first *)

IJA
The rapid expansion of the army has led to the diminishing officers ration of 112%, the navy's production of marines is as of yet not a serious drain but further expansion would be a problem.
It was the army's expectation that 2.25 leadership in officers should have been enough to secure a 130% rating at the end of '38 and that the 0.25 LS from spies (while all 4 targets are at 10 spies) should insure we had more, but we might want to increase that by another 0.25 LS.

Manportable AT
Officers & Infantry Training & Artillery Training & security (security added in case we occupy some territory)
Small Arms*
Artillery Barrel & Artillery Sights

Offensive Support Weapons
Timed artillery
Independent tank units
Arctic Warfare Equipment
AT Barrel & AT Sights & AA Barrel & AA Sights
Defensive Support Weapons
Ftr Ground Crew Training & Ftr Pilot Training (either as as good as either)
AC armour & Gun
CAS Ground Crew Training & Ftr Pilot Training
Central Air Command Structure & Communication Line Interdiction.
First Aid+
Combat Medicine+

Should there be any left over slots after all the above is up to date:
L.Arm Gun 2 & Reliability 2 & Engine 2 & Truck Engine.
- Level 2 to open for medium armour and thereby for TD.

IJN
See navy's posts.
Admiral Grull needs to comment if he want to research any CV related techs.

V. Army organization
Fill Homengun as described in the organization post.

2.c Army groups can now be flexible filled with 1-4 of these. With surplus armies waiting to be filled.

3. The 7 Cav divisions of 2xCav should receive a AC to beef them up a little until we got Inf divisions that needs them. Organized in 2 corps in the Moukogo Homengun.

4. Any plan of attack that doesn't secure us the 50 rares in south China is not a very good plan.

5. In case of imminent war with China the northern Homengun will start redeploying to invasion ports for shipping south, leaving the cav and gar and 2 Homengun to guard our back.

6. See revised plan C for deployment of the 10 Homengun that need to attack China.

VI. Leaders
1. All leaders will keep their current rank with the following exceptions.
2. Any leader with skill 5 will immediately be promoted to Ichigun command, if too many demote worst to Homengun.
3. Any leader with skill 4 with positive traits will command Homengun.
4. Any leader with relic trait will only lead gar and reserves at their current level, promote as needed.
5. Gars will generally not have leaders unless they are in front lines.
6. Leaders should command appropriate units. Armour for our L.Arm f.ex. Marine for Marine.

ps.
Japan got many leaders that start with skill 1 that can gain at least 4 levels, among them the original armour leader and the skill 1 Homengun general (Nishio (sp?))

*Note from the Imperial clerk
General Surt, you need to clarify your position on force deployment. The current deployment is as follows:

2 Homegun and 1 CAV Corps on the JAP-CHI border,
2 Homegun and 1 CAV Corps on the JAP-Mongolia Border,
2 Homegun in Northern Manchuria,
2 Homegun in the Vladivostok Region,
1 Homegun in Korea,
1 Homegun in Taiwan,
2 Light Homegun (without support brigades) and 1 IJN SF Corps in Kyushu.

Your plans provides for the use of 8 Homegun (and IJN SF) in landings. How do you intend to get so many troops?

General Surt, you need to clarify your position on force deployment. The current deployment is as follows:

2 Homegun and 1 CAV Corps on the JAP-CHI border,
2 Homegun and 1 CAV Corps on the JAP-Mongolia Border,
2 Homegun in Northern Manchuria,
2 Homegun in the Vladivostok Region,
1 Homegun in Korea,
1 Homegun in Taiwan,
2 Light Homegun (without support brigades) and 1 IJN SF Corps in Kyushu.

Your plans provides for the use of 8 Homegun (and IJN SF) in landings. How do you intend to get so many troops?

We got 12 Homengun and we need 10 for the plan, this leaves 2 light Homengun (are we really 16 support units behind???) and the Cavs to cover against the soviets. Some more div will finish before we attack filling any holes in the OOB. The Cavs will later hunt partisans in China as its gonna be partisan hell and be replaced by a new infantry Homengun.

This means we station 2 in Taiwan(can't supply more) and 2 in Nagasaki for the Canton invasion.
3 Homengun moves to ports in anticipation of invading Shanghai&Qingdao.
Another Homengun joins the 2 already at the Chinese border.

We got 12 Homengun and we need 10 for the plan, this leaves 2 light Homengun (are we really 16 support units behind???) and the Cavs to cover against the soviets. Some more div will finish before we attack filling any holes in the OOB. The Cavs will later hunt partisans in China as its gonna be partisan hell and be replaced by a new infantry Homengun.
It is true that our reserve Homegun lack support brigades. However, more equipment for additional support brigades is currently being produced (check the lastest report).

The Imperial Administrative Office requires the Army's confirmation of the outlined deployment of troops in Manchuria. If our estimates are correct, then you intend to use 2 Homegun, 2 CAV Corps and the currently deployed garrison troops to secure Manchuria and Korea against the potential Soviet attack. This Office believes that it would be risky, hence the requirement. We believe that it might upset the Emperor.

It is true that our reserve Homegun lack support brigades. However, more equipment for additional support brigades is currently being produced (check the lastest report).

The Imperial Administrative Office requires the Army's confirmation of the outlined deployment of troops in Manchuria. If our estimates are correct, then you intend to use 2 Homegun, 2 CAV Corps and the currently deployed garrison troops to secure Manchuria and Korea against the potential Soviet attack. This Office believes that it would be risky, hence the requirement. We believe that it might upset the Emperor.

The expected troops there are a holding force in case of a Soviet attack together with the Manchurian forces, they amount to nearly 4 Japanese homengun (of 2nd line quality) and would be able to hold the front until we get reinforcements.
Army HQ north believes the soviet troops are of an inferior quality too, especially their moral and leadership, so they wont be able to push too far before we can reinforce. On the other hand we wont be able to take any effective offensive actions unless we can bring substantial forces to bear.

Should we be attack in the back whilst in China we must decide if we kill off the Nationalists or go on the defensive to fight the Soviets. Both sides have a huge problem with supplies in any conflict and the Soviets fighting at the end of a 9000km long supply chain is putting a dampener on how many troops they can use.

Battleship faction approves the plans of HQ North as far as the navy has been asked for approval. We would also suggest to not only build Radar in Tokyo but also expand the Radar network across the Pacific, at the very least we need a Radar on Taiwan and Truk.

Battleship faction approves the plans of HQ North as far as the navy has been asked for approval. We would also suggest to not only build Radar in Tokyo but also expand the Radar network across the Pacific, at the very least we need a Radar on Taiwan and Truk.

Truk sounds fine, but wouldn't Hainan Island be better, Taiwan might be covered by Tokyo?

Taiwan is too important to be left without a Radar. Besides, construction cost of Radar equipment is not anticipated to be substantial, thus redundant Radar sites might be prudent.

Status
Not open for further replies.