Final Plan of the Imperial Japanese Army
[DRAFT PENDING FULL APPROVAL]
General note, this is very much a continuation of the previous plan.
General Surt [SN] – Approved
General Comm Cody [SS] – Pending approval
Admiralty Stamp of Approval On Homeland Affairs and Naval Research - Pending Additions
Our general major strategy should be to seek 'Great Power' status (200+ IC) over the next few years via actions in China and factory construction, then onto ‘super Power’ (350 IC) status.
Currently at 128IC (+ ~40 from china) so ~32 to go.
1.a Continue to support our party in the Warlord cliques Yunnan in western China- Yunnan is not relevant anymore, remove focus.
1.b Change spies in Guangxi to counter espionage once we ally.
2. Lower spies to 0.3 LS.
3. Keep 0.1 LS in diplomacy for trade and embargoes.
4. Support our unity until we lose the org penalty then support party.
5. Change spies in NatChi & ComChi to lower unity.
1.a Continue the current factory constructions, Replace as and when they are finished by new ones. Navy has Approved.
2.a Repeat build of 2/3xGar as reserve until all the following are properly garrisoned;
-Any port in mainland Japan, ie. where you can walk to from Tokyo, should have 3xGar(+Art)*.
-Any port on the Asian mainland should have 2xGar, including incompetent puppets ports.
-Any other pacific port should get 2xGar
-Any size 10 port should get 3xGar+(art)*, (that should be Truk and Kaohsiung on Taiwan).
-Any additional Garrisons to be formed to placed along the Soviet border
*2.b.I Build the pure garrisons first. Artillery should be constructed separately as a new stream to speed up garrison training. Artillery can be sited later, and individual garrisons can train with their guns while on site.
CLAUSE 3. Build artillery to fill our infantry in the proportion 2 ART:1 AAA:1 AT
3a Start building 10xGarx2 extra to guard ports in China.
3b Start building 5xMPx2 to guard resources and factories in China. For the 3xlarge rare deposits and 2x10 factories.
3c Start building heavy fighters one at a time.
3d Building 3 art types to catch up with inf building.
3e PAUSE the current building inf until the above is finished, then only 2xinfx2 inf. , this should give us an full Homengun each year.
4. Keep upgrades to 10IC for the army. This is more than enough on average for all army units in average.
5. Set reinforcement to keep up with attrition. Balance with supplies. The current total of 15+30 will have to be increased by 5IC, the army expect the supply tax to increase as we march inland.
6. Contingency for war with the Soviets.
7. An escalated war with the Soviets would need substantial investment in infrastructure, namely expansion of the northern ports including Toyahara on Sakhalin, and some rail going west from Sakhalin. Building a mobile airfield gets first priority.
7b. 5xGarx2 will be needed to garrison ports.
8. Build 5 radar in Tokyo, Truk and Taiwan. (we need to find more places starting with T to build radars on!!!)
The IJA propose a 'research priority list'. I will separate it into three sections; Army, Naval and Homeland Affairs. Technologies at the top of each list are the highest priority.
"&" represents alternate between both programs.
This list will need to be updated every cabinet meeting, changing year, techs or processes. The list will be intended to require slightly more research programs than we can truly fund, such that as some projects are completed others can be started on.
Techs should be allocated by one from each sector, until total research capacity is filled. ---> research projects still retain tenure in the list until date is met. This means that we have recognised them as a long term investment than a single cycle tech now.
No ahead of time except:
*If a tech is before the year by less then a month (e.g. it is Dec '36, but the tech is a '37 tech (ie. 1 month before time), still begin research for competitive advantage)
Techs marked with + are new relative to the last half year
Note: Homeland Affairs will need Navy ratification.
Industrial Production *
Fighter Defence doctrine & Interception Tactics & Central Fighter Command Structure
Radar*(only first *)
All single engine techs+ (except Escort Fighters, as they both affect CaG and land based this tech is common)
The rapid expansion of the army has led to the diminishing officers ration of 112%, the navy's production of marines is as of yet not a serious drain but further expansion would be a problem.
It was the army's expectation that 2.25 leadership in officers should have been enough to secure a 130% rating at the end of '38 and that the 0.25 LS from spies (while all 4 targets are at 10 spies) should insure we had more, but we might want to increase that by another 0.25 LS.
Officers & Infantry Training & Artillery Training & security (security added in case we occupy some territory)
Artillery Barrel & Artillery Sights
Offensive Support Weapons
Independent tank units
Arctic Warfare Equipment
AT Barrel & AT Sights & AA Barrel & AA Sights
Defensive Support Weapons
Ftr Ground Crew Training & Ftr Pilot Training (either as as good as either)
AC armour & Gun
CAS Ground Crew Training & Ftr Pilot Training
Central Air Command Structure & Communication Line Interdiction.
Should there be any left over slots after all the above is up to date:
L.Arm Gun 2 & Reliability 2 & Engine 2 & Truck Engine.
- Level 2 to open for medium armour and thereby for TD.
See navy's posts.
Admiral Grull needs to comment if he want to research any CV related techs.
V. Army organization
Fill Homengun as described in the organization post.
2.c Army groups can now be flexible filled with 1-4 of these. With surplus armies waiting to be filled.
3. The 7 Cav divisions of 2xCav should receive a AC to beef them up a little until we got Inf divisions that needs them. Organized in 2 corps in the Moukogo Homengun.
4. Any plan of attack that doesn't secure us the 50 rares in south China is not a very good plan.
5. In case of imminent war with China the northern Homengun will start redeploying to invasion ports for shipping south, leaving the cav and gar and 2 Homengun to guard our back.
6. See revised plan C for deployment of the 10 Homengun that need to attack China.
1. All leaders will keep their current rank with the following exceptions.
2. Any leader with skill 5 will immediately be promoted to Ichigun command, if too many demote worst to Homengun.
3. Any leader with skill 4 with positive traits will command Homengun.
4. Any leader with relic trait will only lead Gar and reserves at their current level, promote as needed.
5. Gars will generally not have leaders unless they are in front lines.
6. Leaders should command appropriate units. Armour for our L.Arm f.ex. Marine for Marine.
7. Due to leader shortage restrict leaders for Marine units to marines.
Contingency plans for the pacification campaign to come.
Japan got many leaders that start with skill 1 that can gain at least 4 levels, among them the original armour leader and the skill 1 Homengun general (Nishio (sp?))