+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself to the War of the Roses Community

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by torpedlars View Post
    Hope more will notice the game and will have a nice community
    I hope so also. Hello and welcome to the forums!
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Hello everyone. I'm actually new to Paradox: I first heard about them when Magicka came out, and I haven't bought any of their games (thinking of getting Warband, it's amazing in the demo thus far). Can't wait to get into beta, hope I see you all there.

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldierbot10 View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm actually new to Paradox: I first heard about them when Magicka came out, and I haven't bought any of their games (thinking of getting Warband, it's amazing in the demo thus far). Can't wait to get into beta, hope I see you all there.
    Hello and welcome! I would definately recommend that you get M&B: Warband - it's an amazing game and the modifications make it even better.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: Warband

Hi, I'm a 15/15 crpg sword n shielder who is really nub. I plan to bring my nubliness lack of skills to a brutal unforgiving battlefield. Bye.
    Once more into the fray... into the last good fight i'll ever know.

Hi guys,

Name's Icebox, I enjoy good Warhammer games and been a fan of medieval combat since childhood. Love paradox and the titles they publish. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys on the battlefield.

Hello you lot, i am Ser Karel Mormont and i am here to kick ars and chew.... well they didn't have bubblegum back then but ill chew something and in the mean time kick butt.
    See you all on the battlefield soon enough.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Hey. My name is Marcus. Long time fan of paradox and has been ever since they released HoI I. Looking forward to gaming with you all soon enough. No hard feelings should i accidentally put a crossbow bolt in you.

God bless you all.
    I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand. For this I believe--that unless I believe, I should not understand. -- St. Anselm of Canterbury, Proslogium, Chapter 1

Hell is full of good wishes or desires. -- St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Do not be troubled by Bernard's saying that "Hell is full of good wishes or desires." -- St. Francis de Sales

Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena. -- Sanctus Albertus Magnus (Patron Saint of scientists)

We can believe what we choose. We are answerable for what we choose to believe. -- Venerable John Henry Newman

There are not over a 100 people in the U.S. that hate the Catholic Church, there are millions however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing. -- Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Catholic and proud of it!

Hey guys, I'm Mike, a nearly-20 year old student of Psychology. Been recently getting very much into Paradox games, love Magicka and CK2 especially, and Mount and Blade Warband is one of my all time favourite games. Beyond Paradox I enjoy Total War, Minecraft, SW:ToR and Counter Strike.

The second I heard about War of the Roses I fell in love with the concept.

I am very much looking forward to release (and possibly even Beta, if the fates are kind).

Hi, I'm Jesse. I'm a huge Paradox fan and occasionally lurk the forums. My favourite games being Crusader Kings 2(along with the original), EU 3, and of course Mount & Blade.
    I've been excited about War of the Roses for a while now so it's an honour to be a part of beta test with you lot. I'll be looking forward to seeing you all on the battlefield.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Hello,

I'm Gilles, twice the age of several people here.

A huge fan of Europa Universalis for a little over a decade... and of course, CK, Vicky, Warband (nearly only MP for this one).

Joined the Noble Order of the Platypus WB clan. And, especially after the disappointment of F&S, i really look forward the fun with this new gem.

Quote Originally Posted by the_hdk View Post
    While sure I started playing M&B way in beta somewhere before .808 years ago . just out of curiosity I started that version up not so long ago and way astonished how much the game has evolved since than.

I've been in the Paradox based NOP clan since warband came out. after Wetew stepped down Im now the Grand Master. I play M&B regularly, especially the many Single Player mods. But also alot of MP.
    I took part in both the Nations Cup but both ware not a personal success. Due to many reasons. Sufficient to say I have alot of MP hours of M&B behind me.

So far I was very disappointed in the last Expansion to M&B. IMO it was less than a mod. But Paradox has stirred my interest with War of the Roses. And I have high hopes for this
    Oh no ! not him

Hi Grand-Master !
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Hey there,

I'm not really new anymore, but a bit bored, so I'll introduce myself anyway.
    I'm an 18-yr old student in nautical sciences, living in Belgium.
    I love gaming. I used to be one of the key members of the crpg clan: Crusaders of Acre where I was the spiritual leader and a dedicated lancer, also played age of chivalry.
    I'm also a huge RTS fan. and yes, I play minecraft as well. I like some paradox games, not all, but I really love indie games (check out planetary annihilation if you ever played total annihilation)

I've been here since the first alphas, and I've seen the game grow... it only got better and I guess it'll keep going that way.

Arrrrr,
    cya later landlubbers

PS: nautical sciences is not: shellfish and whales, but is: navigation, commercial shipping and beer

Hello, my name is Alex and I’m a Scottish gamer and new member on the Paradox forums, I originally joined because of my love of Europa Universalis III and Victoria 2. After seeing a few posts that Paradox made on Facebook about their new game I thought it was worth a look, and the idea of an online third person game that benefits from teamwork is one that I cannot resist. Hope to see you all on the battlefield

Naval War: Arctic CircleMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Hi, I'm Jon and Yorkshire born and bred so this game has a special allure for me, primarily because I can cleave Lancastrian limbs from their bodies

We are very proud of our white rose and hopefully the game will be a blast.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard

Hi guys!
    I'm Olli. I was born in Finland, but have spent the majority of my life travelling abroad with my parents. My favourite past times include RPG's (both tabletop and pc), hanging out with my friends and buffing up on my historical knowledge so I can brag about it. I started playing Paradox games when the original Europa Universalis came out in 2000 (darn, has it really been that long!?), but didn't get into the forum interaction till Crusader Kings 2 arrived. Looking forward to whacking each and everyone of you in War of the Roses, and getting whacked in turn. For House York!

Hello everyone!

I am Delios, 18 year old college student at the moment.
    I have played alot of M&B warband, native aswell as napoleonic wars and i can still often be found on duel servers.
    I'm personally looking forward to seeing if War of the Roses can replace mount and blade for me and if it plays as well, I guess i will find out together with the rest of you

Currently i have pre-ordered the york edition, and hope GameTap will also give me beta access!

That's it, hope to see you guys ingame!

Just purchased the pre order through steam and I'm looking forward to getting started.

Currently I play CRPG a mount and blade mod quite a bit and I hope WOTR can come close to giving me as much enjoyment as M and B has these past few years.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Robin. View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I'm Robin, lead programmer for War of the Roses. Since community manager isn't a part of my job description I'm not sure how much time I'll have to read this forum, but I'm hoping I'll have time check in from time to time and read what's going on.

I'm an avid Mount&Blade fan, but lately I've mostly been playing League of Legends and Dwarf Fortress. I'm really hoping the copy of Skyrim I've ordered shows up in the mail tomorrow since it's going to be awesome (or at least that's what I keep telling myself) and I'm really looking forward to seeing how CK2 turns out since Crusader Kings is my favorite Paradox game of all time (except for WotR ofc ).
    I would like to nicely ask your team if perhaps a South African server or African server be set up as i know of a ton of people are dying for the game and there are thousands of gamers in SA.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Netrix View Post
    I would like to nicely ask your team if perhaps a South African server or African server be set up as i know of a ton of people are dying for the game and there are thousands of gamers in SA.
    Thanks!
    I know your request is reasonable, but he did post that over a year ago, and he mentioned he wouldn't be reading the forums all that much.

Better try an other channel

Also, this post was 2 months old before you bumped it.
    Last edited by PixelPunk; 22-10-2012 at 20:11.
    Check out my Youtube channel for video guides and other cool wotr stuff.

Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

Salut, my name is Jιrτme, I'm french from Albertille (remember Olympic winter game in 1992), Ex Duchy of "Savoie".You can find me on the net with Morlugh nickname or Grom on Steam. I'm a thirty-six years old player, i love table RPG like AD&D, video games, and "in real" Rpg (with self-made costumes and latex swords, dunno the name in English) i was nearly very interested by the Medieval period, and was a pre-order beta tester of WotR. I'm a drawer, 3D artist, and i love by video-game. I'll try to make a Medieval-fantastic Game-mod. I was a very nearly Warband player, don't have finish my first solo campaign right now, and have pre-ordered WotR, I love this game and his mechanism.

Nice to see you all there !

Well,i know this is a very old post but...

Ok, let's introduce myself, as well: i am Stefano an i am a 47 years old man. I heard about this game in the first days of September and i took the Beta. I like the medieval age games and this is my very first multi i ever played. And i am really satisfied about it, even if there's something here and there to adjust, but nothing too complicated.

Ingame i am Martin O'Connor and i will be glad to cross my sword with you.
    Well, "cross my bow" should be better because i play in 90% of the times as an archer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast