• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(131989)

Field Marshal
20 Badges
Jan 13, 2009
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • March of the Eagles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • East India Company
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
I can't find a way to give my vassals any fiefs. I've tried talking to my minister, visiting the places in question, etc. but I can't find anything. Do I have to engage with specific characters? If so, then where is the relevant text indicating that I can award them a fief?

If, in warband, looks like a bug or a small trick.

If you are a King or a Queen, talking with any of your lords should show you an option to discuss who should receive a conquered fief.

If you go at your court, you can talk with your chambellan (or something)

Now, here's the small trick: if you have named a proeminent member of the city as your chambellan, it might happen that he has not enough skills to arrange all the business, giving you a limited list of options.

Name a companion instead (or try again to name another citizen)

This should give access to the option concerning distribution of fiefs.

If you do not have it after trying various companions, looks like a bug.

In Warband you have to use either your wife or one of the companions as minister to get the option to and out fiefs. The local noble guy doesn't have the option.
If you're not married you can recruit a random companion that you're not using in your party for that task, no need to use of the guys you've been leveling.

Maybe not. This game has incomplete features.

Kingdoms are supposed to be ruled according to a chosen philosophy. Lords support or oppose more or less the philosophy. Companions are the same, wishing for a philosophy.

I think it is intended that by putting one companion supporting the same philosophy as the one you chose to rule your kingdom, the companion reports about the internal conflict that might help you to strengthen the kingdom around that philosophy. The companion (or the husband/spouse) will side with the lords sharing a compatible philosophy while pointing at those with an adverse philosophy.

Eminent citizens are neutral and that neutrality might play a mattering part later.

This definitely sounds like a bug if I'm understanding you correctly.

When you speak to the minister, as long as there are fiefs available you should be able to award them to vassals from that dialogue menu with the minister. I haven't run into this particular bug so maybe some others can comment on this.

This definitely sounds like a bug if I'm understanding you correctly.

When you speak to the minister, as long as there are fiefs available you should be able to award them to vassals from that dialogue menu with the minister. I haven't run into this particular bug so maybe some others can comment on this.
Not a bug. The "local noble" minister is a placeholder until you appoint a companion (NPC) or, if your character is male, your wife to the job. As such, the local noble has limited capabilities. One needs to use a companion or a wife for the full array of ministerial options.