• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, word autocorrects words for me, and sometimes a word like "pece" would be corrected to "piece" instead to "peace". Obviously, I am unable to track all those errors.
Will correct.

Second one is my bad, I forgot to change the line in the actual level. And its not even Russian :) its ASCII code "51" printing out garbage.

Anything else? You said that you've spotted some bugs?

About 3d level, you have to protect the elves and destroy the demon to the north-east.

Btw, question to all of you. Would you like to have the "classic" difficulty to be even easier? If yes, what missions are especially hard for you?

To make it easier for me, fill in this form:

Level name
particular quest (or quests, if several - list all) that cause problems or
particular game mechanic (or mechanics, if several - list all) that cause problems

I will send you those bugs if I will find them again because I forgot about them now... :(

And I have an idea! Instead of making the "classic" difficulty easier, you could make a new difficulty called "recruit" or something like that.

P.S: I'm stuck on the level where I have to make an truce between the Ice mages and me :(

Don't send them. post them here.

I will not make a new difficulty, I will have to find a person who did the tool, and ask him to redo it, + I will have to create new presets. Too much work.

That one is really easy, come on ;)

Don't send them. post them here.

I will not make a new difficulty, I will have to find a person who did the tool, and ask him to redo it, + I will have to create new presets. Too much work.

That one is really easy, come on ;)

Well, I try to hold out as much as I can, I have killedn the Elemental and I putted about 6 dwarf towers facing the enemy but I just can't get enough money since the opponents after a while just overpower me :( :)

BTW, I think that this is an AI issue and not a bug but I will still post it. I have found times were my heroes always have runed away from many numbers of enemies. That's fine but if I will send about 10 my heroes and there is only 5 enemies then that's just :ninja: Also, because of that, some of the additional quests are very hard to do where for example you have to get to the barbarian crossing but you will come along 10 graveyards with lots and lots of skeletons or zombies. :closedeyes:

From your words, I can, even without asking, say that you do not use parties :)

Use them. Please understand, each individual hero is on his own. He or she understands the threat, and obviously, runs away. 10 individual heroes is like a disorganized crowd. Yes, they will run to the flag. As a crowd. And scatter when the threat is high.

Will this become official at some point? I would like to have it on steam, but before that
I have have made it to the final level of monster kingdom and whenever i try to build to temple of grumgog ( after destroying the temple of Elia the game crashes usually with some memory or graphic memory error, but i lowered the graphics as much has is it allowed and i still get the same result.

I am playing in my laptop, this are the spces:
windows vista 32 bit
Intel core 2 duo P8700 2.5GHz
4GB RAM
ATI mobility Radeon HD 3650 521 MB

laptop is set on high performance and its plugged in to the power source.

Anybody have any idea to fix this?

thanks in advance

p.s.- this hasn't happened in any of the other levels, and i finished them all

Our expansion is compatible with any release. Install and play.

The last mission has a bug in it. I cant find enough time to get my hands on it. If I have more free time, I will fix it.

Heroic level

Well, my goal for 'cold sunrise' was to complete it on 'Heroic' level without having a hero killed on any mission.

Was successful, until 'Cold Snap':mad:. I think it's impossible not to have a hero killed in this mission. Heck, I'm having a tough time just beating it, though a strategy that seems to be working is to build an inn and two dwarf towers at the bottom right corner (where the fire mages/helia archers spawn), and group most heroes (including high level trio from the hero hall) at one of these two towers (using the inn to attract them, then placing a defense flag on a tower). Of course this is after clearing out all the dens on the map.

Also planning to build dwarf tower at 9o'clock and 12o'clock (center) where the monster dens start spawning after day 30, though it will be tough to come up with all that gold.

If anyone has a better strategy, please let me know.

Again, great job Hapuga! Heroic level is challenging! Even though I think the 'library' addition made the game a little easier because quick and cheap access to the dwarf 'instant build' spell.:happy:

Last edited:
I'm glad you like it!

Personally, I cannot beat the game on Heroic :) Hard is pretty much my limit. I created Heroic for all you crazy people who are never satisfied with the difficulty :)

The strategy that you are using is one of the best strategies to beat this map, well done.
When you get to the last level end boss, tell me what you think :)

So, today I had to face my fears so I ramped up the difficulty up to "Heroic" and started playing the single mission called "The Night of the Undead" and I have to say that THIS was an experience! I died on day 73 :( But the difficulty and the day at which I survived just suprises me! If nobody believes me then you can see a video which I uploaded, 20 second video showing me playing on day 53. Hapuga, at what difficulty and at which day did you die in this mission?

Link to the video:

[video=youtube;YUbQp1L743g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUbQp1L743g[/video]

BTW, I noticed that the video at the main menu makes the game very laggy.

I tried it on 2 different computers with everything lowest or highest but the menu is still quite laggy.
I'm quite sure that it's the video because if I swap it with the original, the menu is quite smooth.
Anyone else had that problem?

Computer 1:
Intel GMA 4500M
Intel Pentium Dual CPU 2.16 GHZ
3GB Ram
(the same result (very laggy) with everything on lowest or highest)

Computer 2:
Geforce 8800GTX
Intel Quad Core 2.5 GHZ (I don't remember the exact name)
4GB Ram
(the menu is a bit smoother on this computer but it still lags, it's most visible on high resolution)

Last edited:
I've completed the mission on normal :)

Yes, the movie is a bit laggy unfortunately. I don't know why. I tried using different drivers, reformat it, do a lot of different stuff, it still lags. If you notice, it lags at 1st time, and goes smoothly on the second.

I have no experience at doing this sort of things, so it was done at a very amateur level, I am sorry. If someone is familiar with the movie making, and if someone knows how to handle the Theora plugin, let me know.

I've completed the mission on normal :)

Yes, the movie is a bit laggy unfortunately. I don't know why. I tried using different drivers, reformat it, do a lot of different stuff, it still lags. If you notice, it lags at 1st time, and goes smoothly on the second.

I have no experience at doing this sort of things, so it was done at a very amateur level, I am sorry. If someone is familiar with the movie making, and if someone knows how to handle the Theora plugin, let me know.

If you want, I can try to fix it since I think I know what could be the problem! Going to PM you when I'm finished!
(could you PM me the Theora plugin?)

I'm glad you like it!

Personally, I cannot beat the game on Heroic :) Hard is pretty much my limit. I created Heroic for all you crazy people who are never satisfied with the difficulty :)

The strategy that you are using is one of the best strategies to beat this map, well done.
When you get to the last level end boss, tell me what you think :)

Ok. Just completed the campaign on 'Heroic'. Also completed all the side quests and didn't have any heroes die EXCEPT on 'cold snap'. Truly remarkable, Hapuga! The quality of the missions really make this feel like an 'official' expansion. Well done!

I liked the last mission, especially the 'insurrection' aspect. At first I thought I needed higher level heroes (I used ELF, PALADIN, CLERIC, all around lvl 20), but they did fine once I 'discovered' the library with the heal spell. Then just destroyed enemy buildings little by little, and focused on killing all mage/cleric guilds first.
Last boss was cool looking, but with the help of the insurrection allies, he wasn't too much of a challenge.

By far the hardest map on heroic is 'Cold Snap'. My strategy: don't build additional guilds, clear all dens, upgrade hero skills, don't build inn/towers at bottom right corner of map, INSTEAD build two dwarf towers and inn next to ice mage circle, build Dauros temple (for shield spell) and Agrela (resurrect), DON'T destroy monster dens that spawn after day 30 (they will attack enemy helia/wizard).

Now I'm off to single maps... :D

So, today I had to face my fears so I ramped up the difficulty up to "Heroic" and started playing the single mission called "The Night of the Undead" and I have to say that THIS was an experience! I died on day 73 :( But the difficulty and the day at which I survived just suprises me! If nobody believes me then you can see a video which I uploaded, 20 second video showing me playing on day 53. Hapuga, at what difficulty and at which day did you die in this mission?

Link to the video:

[video=youtube;YUbQp1L743g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUbQp1L743g[/video]

BTW, I noticed that the video at the main menu makes the game very laggy.

I tried it on 2 different computers with everything lowest or highest but the menu is still quite laggy.
I'm quite sure that it's the video because if I swap it with the original, the menu is quite smooth.
Anyone else had that problem?

Computer 1:
Intel GMA 4500M
Intel Pentium Dual CPU 2.16 GHZ
3GB Ram
(the same result (very laggy) with everything on lowest or highest)

Computer 2:
Geforce 8800GTX
Intel Quad Core 2.5 GHZ (I don't remember the exact name)
4GB Ram
(the menu is a bit smoother on this computer but it still lags, it's most visible on high resolution)

Pablo! Very hard map on heroic, but I was able to finish it by day 93 (have to kill 'king of the dead')
My strategy was to build as many guilds as possible and Angrela for resurrection, then armor and weapons. I basically maxed out on all heroes including elves/dwarf/mages, but you need to use the 'money orb' until day 50 or so, then I start using the 'kill rod?'. Also, research the 'ice storm' spell. Works nicely against big swarm of undead. Finally, two dwarf towers and a few mage towers in the north helped. Challenging!