• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi, sorry for my english.

I have found this thread some moments ago and i am already loading the torrent. With the informations given, i think your version have all the bad points of the fullversion fixed.
Like: much to heavy for casuals (its impossible to get the full story without playing the expert campaign maps...), some short and boring maps with extreme settings and after around 30 minutes you gain mapcontrol or it goes near the end :D

Thank you for your hard work to create nearly a new game! I will write some things the next days^^

PS: I let the torrent active in my client to help seeding!

Last edited:
Hi all! I would like to thank Hapuga and everyone involved with this expansion. I love Majesty 2 and never can seem to get enough of it. I finished the campaign and most of the single mission maps. The undead invasion one was a blast! I'll agree with Agharion that the "Cold Snap" campaign map was by far the hardest. My final strategy was a bit different than his. I only took out the dens north of the castle and left all the ones that invaders have to get around. Then I managed to get up an additional 2 fortresses at the south entrance and built the library right behind those. For the rest of the game I split, as best I could, all heroes between the top two entrances. The King himself defended the bottom entrance with freezing, lightning, and slowing spells with four towers blasting away!

Thanks again for creating this wonderful expansion!!!!!!

First of all thanks for this wonderful mod. I have a question. When is the new patch going to come out and will it do anything other than fixing bugs?

Even though I'm not on his team, I think that he is going to start a new patch when he is going to get enough bugs to start fixing them.
There is no point in releasing 1.2 version of the mod if it's going to be 1,2 gb big with 2 bugs fixed...

First of all... I am sorry to say this, but I do not know whether I will make a patch or not. I simply have no time and interest for that any more.

Second, If I do release a patch some time into the future, it will not be a complete rebuild (1.2 GB), but rather a 50-100 mb patch.

Third, depending on how willing I will be on adding new content, it will be either a bug fixer, or a content adder, or both.

Currently, there are no serious bugs that somehow affect the gaming experience. 99% of them were cleared even before the English version came out (Russian version came out 1.5 months earlier). Instead, there are 3-5 small inconsistencies in the texts, and some minor glitches in the maps which are very tiny.

So, I don't know. it depends.

6. Difficulty settings! Tired of getting beaten? Or probably, the game is too easy for ye? Or you would like to join your buddy on the internets to play some games togehter? A DIFFICULTY SELECTOR tool will allow you customize your gaming experience and adapt the game to your liking!

This looks great, I'll download it right away! (I don't know why the game didn't include difficulty settings though). Thanks!

Last edited:
Majesty 2 haven't difficulty settings following the design of Majesty 1. Instead there are "map difficulty" parameter.

Indeed but, for me, some maps are a bit harder than I would prefer (I don't like to have to be restarting a map more than once :laugh:) and the possibility to choose the difficulty level would have been a plus, mostly if you want to complete the campaign.

Indeed but, for me, some maps are a bit harder than I would prefer (I don't like to have to be restarting a map more than once :laugh:) and the possibility to choose the difficulty level would have been a plus, mostly if you want to complete the campaign.

I agree with you.

I changed one of the files that controls the shopping habits of one of the heroes and the game said "alteration of game resources detected please reinstall" or somesuch. Did I do something wrong when I modded it or did you really make the game so that it doesn't accept mods?

Speaking of which, my heroes still don't shop. I just had a level 10 elf die on the triple threat level with 1500 gold and he hadn't bought any items.

I already changed the ai.inc file for all the heroes to set their shopping priorities to either "high" or "max" for all important items. Is there another file I have to change to make them shop more?

no, I don't think so. Might be due to the game logic. The game will not allow the unit to buy if it is attacked or is in party. Only if all threats are gone and the party leader decides so, the unit will receive upgrades.