• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very interessting campaign. Altought it was unusual for the 2nd and 3rd last mission to be easier than the ones before. Furthermore you really had to try different approaches each time like fast cleaning or fast dwarf towers and so on. What sometimes really annoyed was that you couldn't build another library and therefore couldn't expand the reach for your spells like icefall and so on (money problems).

I wonder how many people use library dwarftowers and inn for spawn points of the enemy.

I feel foolish for asking, but how do I recombine the files? I am using WinRAR, if that makes a difference. I am used to files like file.r01, file.r02, file.r03, file.rar, but renaming the files that way only gets an unknown format or damages archive error.

You have to use 7-zip (freeware). Place both files into same folder and open 001 one. Just like greywolf mentioned.

You have to use 7-zip (freeware). Place both files into same folder and open 001 one. Just like greywolf mentioned.
That did the trick. Thanks!

I cant finish the first quest, the game keeps crashing when i try to save :// there is a way that i can skip the first mission?
I get a crash on saving some of the time. The best workaround I can think of is to have several saves per level, and only overwrite the oldest. At least that way, even if it crashes, you still have the two previous saves.

The save system is very unstable in the game. Not only it crashes the game, it resets all timers also. Unfortunately we were unable to fix these issues with saves; they are burred very deep in the code and we could not get access to that :(

After being pretty disappointed with the official expansions, I tried this one. The game crashes all the time (during saving and much more frequent than the original game) and now the game doesn't recognise my save games any longer though they are still there. What a mess.

We were not able to fix this problem, unfortunately. It's due to inefficient majesty save system that does not hold when there are too many instances on the same map. Sorry.

What will be in the patch:

- you will be able to play all maps (except campaign) as monsters.
- all maps that were not working before will be working properly (save games are not counted, it is an internal game problem).
- campaign difficulty will be significantly lowered.
- lots and lots and lots of small fixes.
- pie. or not. I don't know yet. we'll see.

:)

If anyone had particular problems with Cold Sunrise, it's high time to post them.

BTW: monster kingdom was implemented in all single player missions, and it works very well.

I'm now fixing the maps that crash. Fixed 1 so far.

The fourth campaign map was the one that crashed all the time during saving (in my games).
On the very first map, there is a creature den in the central north section which is almost unreachable by heroes and my get heroes stuck. Was pointed out a few pages ago.
Can you please remove the expiration date for fear flags? It's really tedious to have to place over and over again.

I cannot change the save system; I will, however, look into the unreachable den problem.

I am not sure if I can change the expiration time on fear flag. If it is a global variable, I will do something about it.

Great news about the new patch! :) Maybe I will try to download Cold Sunrise again and try to help you out to iron out the bugs. :D

I am not sure if I can change the expiration time on fear flag. If it is a global variable, I will do something about it.

Did you try looking inside the m2GameConst.con file? I think that I have seen some fear flag parameters there.

Last edited: