+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50

Thread: Influence Wars - Japan 1936 HPP Interactive AAR - COMMENT THREAD

Remind me to install and activate returnil before lending my PC to anyone below 30!!!

That's a pity, as I'm well below 30 . In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if most users were older than me.

EDIT: Anyway, I'm slowly gathering data from the screenshots for the epilogue. Here is a small sneak peak:

Last edited by Cybvep; 02-08-2012 at 11:46.

Actually, this is the number of capital ships and it includes both losses and production. You can see what a monster the USA became and intensive battles in the Pacific caused them to produce more and more ships. Despite all their losses, we've never really had more capital ships than they did, except for a short period in 1941 after several disastrous battles which is not included in the graph. By January 1944 they had almost twice as many capital ships as we did. This probably puts a new perspective on the strategic position of Japan and should give you a hint what you might have encountered in 1944-1945. More info will be included in the epilogue.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Well, come to that, they started out with more capitals than us and I fully expected to beat the US somewhere at Wake or Midway during the next chapter. More capitals didn't turn into a decisive advantage earlier, when all of a sudden the Royal Navy became involved.

Well, come to that, they started out with more capitals than us and I fully expected to beat the US somewhere at Wake or Midway during the next chapter.
    We almost had parity in Aug 1941 before the battle of Saipan etc. The USN was the weakest during Aug-Nov 1941.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    More capitals didn't turn into a decisive advantage earlier, when all of a sudden the Royal Navy became involved.
    True, but most of the RN was outdated, while the USA built new ships. I also planned to do sth special with the AI at Wake and Midway, i.e. ensure that they use sensible fleets there, just as I did during their attack on Hawaii... In my tests the results of the battles at Wake/Midway varied greatly even without my intervention. I will elaborate on all this in the epilogue.

EDIT: Here is an another sneak peak. Number of brigades of the nationalists and all warlords (except the communists) we were at war with at a given date:

"Regulars" include all other brigades besides GARs and MILs, i.e. INFs, CAVs, ARTs etc.
    Last edited by Cybvep; 02-08-2012 at 15:07.

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    wow! That last graph showing Chinese brigades numbers really shows well how effective your offensive was in '43-'44. At least 300 brigades of regulars lost (not even counting the Militia). That's impressive. This is what I love about graphs...really no better way to display certain kinds of information.

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."
    - George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs
    Incredibly outdated AARs:
    WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR
    OUR LADY OF SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland

Yeah, the collapse of the nationalists and Chinese losses in 1943-1944 basically reduced their army to militia rabble, while in 1940-1942 they were steadily increasing the number of regulars. On the other hand, the sheer size of the militia rabble was enough to delay us for some time in Northern China, because of terrain and infra restrictions. Oh, and let's not forget that communists are not included here.

So the XSM didn't inherit any regular infantry from the nationalists, that is a surprise.

So we had nearly as many brigade as the Chinese in total, though we never used more than around 75% against them?

So we had nearly as many brigade as the Chinese in total, though we never used more than around 75% against them?
    After mid-1940 - pretty much, yeah, if we don't include the communists. However, the number of regulars in the Chinese armies was increasing until the end of 1943. Also, about 30% of our brigades were non-frontline ones, i.e. GARs and MPs, while the Chinese had few GARs... and we've never used our full strength against them, as you said yourself. Therefore, in practice they had local numerical superiority most of the time.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Skimmed through the gameplay thread, very impressed with the defeat of nationalist China.

Pity about the data loss, seeing the next moves would of been very interesting =)

Well played.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50