• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nanjing China sounds quite attractive. Form that country and we'll still benefit from them and greatly. We could install that puppet regime, hand them one or two corps of light infantry and forget about the whole country. The regime will be able to supress rebellions themselves, with the aid of our loaned forces and possibly a trickle of supply deliveries.

However, if we improve infrastructure, it'll still benefit us and Nanjing China as well. Btw, did you change something on building times or does infra still take a whole, damn, year to be finished?

I'm greedy, but we could talk about how big Nanjing we want, if we give them everything we have no IC from them, if we only give them the starting area we could discuss it. The more we conquer the more we can give them, but then we can't build infra there, also if we defeat the Chinese and then make Nanjing they get all, including the factories.
There are 10 factories in Peking, those would go to Nanjing I think in any case, the historical area would have around 15 factories after the industrial move.
There are also 10 factories in Canton, I'd like to keep those.
Also there are some factories in the central area 10+ would be nice to keep too.

We don't have time to build much infra from the time we land to the time the first Nanjing decision pops, if any, this gives us a huge problem.

hmm maybe we should move this discussion to the game play thread?

hmm maybe we should move this discussion to the game play thread?
It's pointless before the next update.

The decision should be a strategic one - I wouldn't bother with "timing" etc., especially when the units are under AI control. I also think that it sounds rather gamey.

We will either create the puppet or not create it. You decide.

Look how much a Nanjing Regime boosts Japan... I think it's really worth it, especially because we don't have to bother about China afterwards.

I've just finished the latest playing session. Some surprising developments here. Not everything went according to plan and let's just say that you won't have to worry about the potential Chinese puppet just yet ;).

New update will be posted today.

That is not acceptable, the plan was perfect, how could it phail? did General Cody mess it up at Shanghai where he said he would personally command???

BTW what do you think about the updates themselves (this is a question to both the readers and the players)? Like the style? The pictures? Is it informative enough? Too frequent/not frequent enough? Any suggestions are welcome.

I like the style a lot! The Emperor of japan giving his generals/cabinet a reprimant (sp?) like that is a lot more impressive than a GM talking to his players. I just would have liked it better had the updates been in the comment threat, but I understand that for gameplay reasons it's easier that way.
I imagine the frequency will go up dramatically if unforeseen circumstances pop up.
overall: 8.5/10 (I think that's about an A for you Americans out there)

I love it so far, so keep it up :) And as a reader i would say that it's not updated enough, but as a roleplayer i know there has to be time to discuss, plan and do everything else that's needed :)

I like the style a lot! The Emperor of japan giving his generals/cabinet a reprimant (sp?) like that is a lot more impressive than a GM talking to his players. I just would have liked it better had the updates been in the comment threat, but I understand that for gameplay reasons it's easier that way.
I imagine the frequency will go up dramatically if unforeseen circumstances pop up.
overall: 8.5/10 (I think that's about an A for you Americans out there)
Thanks for the comment. The distinction between the gameplay and comment threads is necessary because of the number of updates and discussions between the player. This thread is for comments of any kind and anyone can post here, while the gameplay thread is reserved for the players, which gives more clarity. I also notify the readers when the new update is posted in this thread.

Oh, and it's "reprimand".

If they would be more frequent... ;-)
As a reader I'd like it to be more frequent, as a player I can barely keep up
I love it so far, so keep it up And as a reader i would say that it's not updated enough, but as a roleplayer i know there has to be time to discuss, plan and do everything else that's needed
The frequency of updates is a tricky issue, because the players need to have enough time to post updates and discuss their plans, while the readers should not be forced to wait endlessly for the next update. There is also the fact that new updates require big amount of work on my part and I'm now in the "exam period". One update requires 5-8 hours in total (this includes analysing the plans, actual playing period and finally writing the update itself), so it usually takes a good amount of the day (sometimes I split the whole process in order to make the whole thing more manageable). I think that one update per week or week and a half is a reasonable compromise.

BTW the next deadline is 23rd of January. I have the first exam the day after that, so I should be able to post the next update on 24th of January. I will do this as part of the post-exam relaxation ;).

Thanks for the comments, again. Don't hesitate to comment in this thread in the future. It is, after all, its main purpose ;)

Thanks for the comment. The distinction between the gameplay and comment threads is necessary because of the number of updates and discussions between the player. This thread is for comments of any kind and anyone can post here, while the gameplay thread is reserved for the players, which gives more clarity. I also notify the readers when the new update is posted in this thread.

I have enjoyed all the updates so far. Only the war posts are fresh in my mind and they are giving a really good overall picture of how it is going.

To me, there seems to be a bit of seperation between this thread and the gameplay thread. They are kind of hard to tie back. Have you thought about posting the gameplay posts in both threads?

Have you thought about posting the gameplay posts in both threads?
At a glance it seems unnecessary. There already is the table of contents in the first post...

One thing I could do is to post direct links to the latests updates here, so that you won't have to check the first post or search for the gameplay thread.

Ok, guys, we have a problem. Despite several PMs and one visitor message, grull is not responding. Also, his activity has been slim recently. This means that we may lack one player in the IJN's Carrier-Proponents Faction.

If someone wants to play, please let me know in this thread or send me a PM. However, it should be noted that a certain level of activity is required, so it's pointless to sign up for this game if you don't have at least some free time reserved for playing.

The game will not be continued until a new player is found.

SAVE THE EMPIRE!

BTW I have an idea... Until we can find another player, maybe I should replace Grull as the member of the IJN's Carrier Faction? Otherwise, we will probably have to postpone the next update.

You could start with a note from the CV mini-faction so to line up what that factions goals are so its easier for a new player to take over.