• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Duplicated Leaders bug?

Playing Castille as Difficult&Coward, with no special options:

I had at last in 1516 the 'Viva España' event where I claimed the new name of Kingdom of Spain... and to my surprise and amusement I received again all the current leaders I had. That is... and additional Propero Colonna, Panfilo de Narvaez, V.Yañez Pinzon... etc... I had each of the Prospero Colonna Twins guarding each side of the French Border... that Prospero Colonna guy really moved quick!

Some things:

1) Rhodians and other greeks admitted to the order (Knights event) should not happen if they don't own Rhodes

2)Acquiring the Trebizond shields (as Byzantium) can be screwed up: you must either have conquered all of Asia Minor except Trebizond and have them accept your offer or have them counquered by anyone else (or have them counquered by you and then taken by someone else?).

I once made the mistake of diplo-annexing them before conquering the rest of Asia Minor :mad: . (Do periods come before or after Smilies? :rolleyes: )

3) I quickly killed the Ottomans, but Hungary still got aid against the Turks. Is this some kind of con game they ran on the rest of Europe?

I know I saw something else broken that I have now forgotten. Oh well :eek:

Last edited:
Originally posted by clb
Some things:

1) Rhodians and other greeks admitted to the order (Knights event) should not happen if they don't own Rhodes

2)Acquiring the Trebizond shields (as Byzantium) can be screwed up: you must either have conquered all of Asia Minor except Trebizond and have them accept your offer or have them counquered by anyone else (or have them counquered by you and then taken by someone else?).
This is intentional (except conquering and then losing the province) as you can't very well unite with a family line you just destroyed.

I once made the mistake of diplo-annexing them before conquering the rest of Asia Minor :mad: . (Do periods come before or after Smilies? :rolleyes: )

3) I quickly killed the Ottomans, but Hungary still got aid against the Turks. Is this some kind of con game they ran on the rest of Europe?

I know I saw something else broken that I have now forgotten. Oh well :eek:

Hungary's event shouldn't fire unless they border Hungary... hmm what version you playing?

Originally posted by Mad King James
quote:
by clb:

This is intentional (except conquering and then losing the province) as you can't very well unite with a family line you just destroyed.[/B]

But I diplo-annexed them....

Suggestion: 2 events:
1) trigger: war between TRE and BYZ
result: sleep #2
2) trigger: own Trebizond
result: get shields

to allow all methods of gaining the province to work, short of a war?

Originally posted by Mad King James

Hungary's event shouldn't fire unless they border Hungary... hmm what version you playing?
Beta 2.3

Originally posted by clb

Maybe when you killed them, they fled to Hungary looking for a place to go? :D

Playing as Novgorod, I had some problems with Swedish ferocity. Even after I had beaten them down to a 71% war score, they refused to take a peace deal worth 32%. No sure if this is a bug or just really weird AI, but either way it seems a little strange...