• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, I've observed the Tangiers CoT several times and assumed it was caused by an event which I didn't notice.

-Caliga

Originally posted by nelly644
How come, when all new cultures are enabled, Brandenburg has Upper German as a state culture, but Lower German provinces?

That is intended.

Originally posted by Caliga
Yes, I've observed the Tangiers CoT several times and assumed it was caused by an event which I didn't notice.

-Caliga

If there is no event taking place, it could very well be a random CoT appearing instead. It is usually a sign of the number of CoTs existing being too low.

Yeah. That much I did notice. :)

-Caliga

Well, it doesn't bother me personally (it's not like a CoT is popping up in Eiriksfjord... now that would be just wrong) but it is strangely consistent.

-Caliga

Originally posted by Onslaught
If there is no event taking place, it could very well be a random CoT appearing instead. It is usually a sign of the number of CoTs existing being too low.

Well we should probably put Manhattan back in or something.

I'm curious to hear the experiences of others, but if it's that consistent that a CoT pops up in Tangiers supposedly 'randomly', we ought to a) either add one other CoT, or b) just put one in Tangiers if that's not ahistorical.

-Caliga

Originally posted by Caliga
I'm curious to hear the experiences of others, but if it's that consistent that a CoT pops up in Tangiers supposedly 'randomly', we ought to a) either add one other CoT, or b) just put one in Tangiers if that's not ahistorical.
I saw it pop up January 1431, and no, it's not by event. :) Probably the result of trade good changes and/or tax base increases.

There's an event for Prussia that makes Danzig a CoT as choice A starting in 1435, if they still own it and aren't at war; perhaps this should be moved slightly earlier? In any event, it needs a duplicate event for Poland (which generally ends up owning it), and a failsafe for if neither have the province.

What's the earliest that people have seen the CoT pop up? And has anyone seen it anywhere but Tangiers?

Originally posted by Korath
I saw it pop up January 1431, and no, it's not by event. :) Probably the result of trade good changes and/or tax base increases.

There's an event for Prussia that makes Danzig a CoT as choice A starting in 1435, if they still own it and aren't at war; perhaps this should be moved slightly earlier? In any event, it needs a duplicate event for Poland (which generally ends up owning it), and a failsafe for if neither have the province.

What's the earliest that people have seen the CoT pop up? And has anyone seen it anywhere but Tangiers?

I've seen it in 1422 and 1428, so i think the startdate for the Danzig event shouild go back to 1419. And always in Tangiers.

Originally posted by Korath
I suspect Juan's startdate should be pushed back to 1464, but I've PM'd Txini to confirm.

well my error because IRL Juan acceded throne with his wife and was King of Navarra together with her and then opposed by his son and daughter, but for game purposes he shall start in 1464 :p

I found another bug of me. Trigger for some german shift events are:

Code:
[color=white] 
trigger = { 
		owned = { province = 313 data = -1 }
            provinceculture = { prov = 313 data = polish }
		OR = { 
			religion = protestant
			religion = reformed 
		}
	}
[/color]

so they can trigger even if the most importnat factor - polish culture in given province is not fulfilled. The right version should be:

Code:
[color=white]

trigger = { 
		owned = { province = 313 data = -1 }
            provinceculture = { prov = 313 data = polish }
		AND = {
                  OR = { 
			religion = protestant
			religion = reformed 
		}
	}
}

[/color]

Originally posted by nelly644
I've seen it in 1422 and 1428, so i think the startdate for the Danzig event shouild go back to 1419. And always in Tangiers.

But if the event fires in 1419, what's the point of it? IMO the CoT should be there from the beginning, if the event must be moved back so much...

But if the event fires in 1419, what's the point of it? IMO the CoT should be there from the beginning, if the event must be moved back so much...

We need another CoT, so it's probably best to act as if the event had fired in 1418 and choice A taken, and remove the event.