• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I played Nanbu before seeing this thread. I played it completly diff and won very easy. I left Tozowa till after i took out all the other small clans around me. Mainly due to them having my heir as a hostage lol. I sowed dissent on Uesugi which caused them to go into civil war which allowed me to jump in and beat them by aiding the breakaway clan. But i didnt wait till Uesugi were defeated. I did a white peace with them then DOW the breakaway clan and took them out before going back to finish off Uesugi. Its a big help if u can get a clan do go into civil war so u can take them out easier by siding with 1 clan then switching sides. Their usually to busy fighting each other to come after u. I got 100% of japan with Nanbu using those tactics. By the time i just had Shimanzu left i didnt even need my army. I just let my vassels do all the fighting and used my retainers do deal with the constant rebellions. I find the vassels can move a lot faster and teleport from kori to kori and take a kori without having to put it under siege. Another reason to keep ur retinue out of the fight. They will be needed to take out any enemy armies that teleport past ur vassels and take out ur kori's. Ive had times when a shimanzu army appeared out of nowhere and put my capital under siege. How they got there i dont know as they would of had to march from their part of Japan in the south through my lines then all the way to the other end of Japan without being seen. IE teleport lol.

Any news on the guide development?

I am really at a loss with the invite to clan but I managed to sow dissent a few times. When coupled with marriages and gifts, it looks like the last move: invite to clan, that is, is the only one missing from a good way to gain land peacefully.

It's not the same as plotting and having a vassal of your enemy join you when the war starts... and playing as Imagawa is a bit tough without the ability to really make these plans effective.
I presume it's a matter of how much the vassal dislikes his liege and how much he likes you but ... what are the parameters that trigger the "invite to clan" to work?
Mystery....

... any DEV around ?

I presume it's a matter of how much the vassal dislikes his liege and how much he likes you but ... what are the parameters that trigger the "invite to clan" to work?

I assume, good relations with you, bad relations with their leader, low honour leader (as it requires you to move to a higher honour leader when leaving a clan, reverse is probably true). Also some other obvious things like not currently at war, and not part of the clan leader's dynasty.

I know but I think we need to know exactly how the parameters work to coordinate gifts, marriages, dissent, ninja use and war/peace.
So far I managed to plot against Hosokawa (38%) as Imagawa and an entire part of his reign turned to me in Kyushu and on the other side of Honshu. I wish to know if you can make a vassal defect without declaring war on his lord because I tried everything and it doesn't seem to work. So, if my assumption is right it means that the invite to clan is NOT working at all because with plotting it DOES seem that, somehow, you can make other vassals become your vassals. Weird and very curious about this.

I know but I think we need to know exactly how the parameters work to coordinate gifts, marriages, dissent, ninja use and war/peace.
So far I managed to plot against Hosokawa (38%) as Imagawa and an entire part of his reign turned to me in Kyushu and on the other side of Honshu. I wish to know if you can make a vassal defect without declaring war on his lord because I tried everything and it doesn't seem to work. So, if my assumption is right it means that the invite to clan is NOT working at all because with plotting it DOES seem that, somehow, you can make other vassals become your vassals. Weird and very curious about this.

I wrote a long explanation, but the forum stole it from me so this is the short answer:
AI almost never accepts invites apart from during civil wars.
AI accepts join requests when they think you won't be able to topple their clan too easily from within.

AI needs to be wary lest the clans get very unstable.

Ehm... so what do I need to do in order to make a vassal defect and come to my clan? :)

1. Get him to join your plot and execute the plot.

or

2. Be the leader of one side in a civil war, honorable and winning. Invite him over.

That solves the question once and for all.
Perhaps it's time to reform the guides so that they only contain the very essential infos and answers to the main question.

Also Birken, if I may, I would appreciate if you participated in the discussion we're having in the Genpei War MODS section. The insight of a DEV would prove critical in the understanding of how the game can be modded.
Not asking about the game guide but probably the mod guy needs your help. :)

This is a super-necro but it's really sad that noone ever got a good 'invite to clan' guide up.