+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sengoku Guides - From Beginner to Advanced

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sengoku Guides - From Beginner to Advanced

Since there is not yet a guides list thread I thought I'd get one started as many of the questions on the forums could probably be resolved by the couple great guides already posted. Some of these are pretty rough at present but things will tighten up as the game matures. Some of these should probably be merged into single guides if anyone has the time or beats me to it. If you know of other guides or advice threads (that answer repeated questions well), reply and I'll slip them into the list.

If you read a guide here, bump this thread so others can find it.

Manual
    Remember, the Manual is in the FAQ section of this forum - you must register your game on the forums via the "My Game" menu in order to access restricted areas of these forums.

If you don't see a guide that can help you, remember there is always the:

Quick Questions and Quick Answers Thread

Guides

Beginner
    Intermediate

Vassals & Court
    Diplomacy & War
    Advanced

System

Requested Guides
    • How to sow dissent and exploit the action.
    • How to make the invite to clan work.
    • Requesting explaination on what terrain does.
    Last edited by oddible; 23-09-2011 at 17:37.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland

** Reserved **

Paul Bäumer's gravedigger Becephalus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Suggested topic for medium/advanced: Managing your court population/marriages. I have had a lot of problems maintaing any sort of court, but I have heard people say marrying them all like crazy helps. Some guide to that aspect of the game would be awesome.
    Its always darkest right before it is completely black -Chairman Mao

Those who beat their swords into plowshares often end up plowing for those who kept their swords -someone wise

"If you take a starving dog off the streets and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between a dog and a man." -Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great initiative, especially a big help for newcomers to the Paradox Genre.
    Graphic Designer on the Elder Kings Dev Team

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Should be stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by unperson View Post
    Should be stickied.
    I second that motion. I'm quite surprised that the other communities on the forum haven't thought about doing something like this. Would be a worthy project for some of the more active members.

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Very nice! I would like to move this to the FAQ forum, but the you would not be able to update it. Send me a pm when it is ready for it?
    I could just sticky it right here, but then people would not see it. Stickys have the magic power of invisibility...

True, stickies can be invisible, but I always assume the FAQ section is invisible too as it is in a different forum than the main action - in fact a lot of people on this main forum asked where they could get the manual.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Can we get this stickied?

AnGuide to Guides is nice. I love you Index!

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oddible View Post
    True, stickies can be invisible, but I always assume the FAQ section is invisible too as it is in a different forum than the main action - in fact a lot of people on this main forum asked where they could get the manual.
    Once they have played a Paradox game before, these things usually become habitual though.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Naples, Campania, Italy, 115247758487174, Naples, Italy
    Add please: How to sow dissent and exploit the action.

How to make the invite to clan work.

GREAT.... the guide is finally starting, thanks!

Added:
    Adding characters to your court (per suggestion)

and

Requested Guides section

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Kallocain View Post
    I could just sticky it right here, but then people would not see it. Stickys have the magic power of invisibility...
    Not so when it comes to a stickied subject containing words as "Beginners Guide", Noob Help, or any other quick tips on how to get going for those fresh off the bus. I always notice those, and use them when I've just picked up a new, complex game. Not so much the other sticky forum rules stuff, though.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by unperson View Post
    Should be stickied.
    +1 Any mod to stick this thread please?
    La historia sólo es una mera repetición de acontecimientos cambiando quizás tan sólo el nombre de los protagonistas.
    History is just a pure repetition of events, only changing the names of those who played a leading role.

Oh snap, last thread on the page, and no one added any new threads that suffice as guides. Hollar if you see any threads that cover concepts not already in this list and which suffice as a guide!

Requesting explaination on what terrain does. Searching in the manual gives one result: "Terrain shows natural features like mountains, rivers, and forests." Movementspeed of troops? Likelyhood of revolts? Chances on environmental catastrophies?

Added.

67 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by misterioes View Post
    Requesting explaination on what terrain does. Searching in the manual gives one result: "Terrain shows natural features like mountains, rivers, and forests." Movementspeed of troops? Likelyhood of revolts? Chances on environmental catastrophies?
    Really one for the quick questions thread, terain slows army movement down (impasabe mountains do at least I assume other types do to a lesser extent), and provides a bonus to the defender if a battle occurs.

For a battle a dice is rolled and checked against the % to determine where the battle is fought. Eg if a province is 66% plains 33% mountains there is a 2/3 chance it will be fought in a plain (with no penalty to the attacker) and a 1/3 chance it will be fought in the mountains with a -2 penalty to the attacker. A river crossing adds a further -1 penalty to the attacker.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast