• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Joel M Bridge

General
91 Badges
Jun 9, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Ronin feature that going to be but in the game but never got off the drawing board. Is any one beside myself still interest seeing that feature add into later DLC/patches? As well does anybody from the communites would share there idea how this could be fit into gameplay?

Ronin feature that going to be but in the game but never got off the drawing board. Is any one beside myself still interest seeing that feature add into later DLC/patches? As well does anybody from the communites would share there idea how this could be fit into gameplay?

Umm you can hire Ronin retinues in the game. They are implemented. Have you played the game?

To be honest I think that implementing such a feature would be more trouble than it's worth. I would much rather have the dev focus going on to improving diplomatic complexity. It may be an interesting diversion, but the time over which the game occurs is short, thus limiting how much you can really do. I can't see much success coming from playable ronin, similarly I can't see it as being fun for a significant amount of time.

I think playing as a ronin is a bad idea. In the game, the commander of clan´s military is the clan leader. He alone decides where he will deploy his troops. Individual daimyos can conspire to take over the clan or to form a separate clan. Only they have something to do. Kokujins can only provide troops and hope that the clan leader will give them daimyo title. If you are a ronin and you join a clan then at the best you will become a kokujin (if you are extremely lucky). However, male family members of the clan and the loyal long term vassals we become before any new vassal when talking about giving lands to vassals. Generally speaking clan leaders and their inner circles didn´t trust former ronin vassals much.

Actually, that's not true.

If the ronin player captures a koku without being employed by anyone else, then that player would found a clan at that koku.

I remember playing a few games with features like this (strangly enough, they all seem to be in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series, or other Koei games). It was always a fun addition, but rarely had any significant practical benefit.

Actually, that's not true.

If the ronin player captures a koku without being employed by anyone else, then that player would found a clan at that koku.

I remember playing a few games with features like this (strangly enough, they all seem to be in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series, or other Koei games). It was always a fun addition, but rarely had any significant practical benefit.

I think it would add nice about flare, special since are many of famous samuari of this era that where ronin and masterless, or had no land. Hell if does not get made into a patch least I can hope it get mod one day.

He's right, it's a good one.
As a samurai (the ronin IS a samurai) in the game can split and form a clan, so should an ex samurai, now ronin, be able to. Not such a big deal. Perhaps it can be modded if not patched. Considering the elasticity of the engine and the events that can be built I am expecting a Sengoku Magna Mundi mod anytime soon. :)

He's right, it's a good one.
As a samurai (the ronin IS a samurai) in the game can split and form a clan, so should an ex samurai, now ronin, be able to. Not such a big deal. Perhaps it can be modded if not patched. Considering the elasticity of the engine and the events that can be built I am expecting a Sengoku Magna Mundi mod anytime soon. :)

It would be interest if they could put that in.

With the current mechanics, capturing a koku with a ronin army only is hard. You could get something similar to the player's option, vassalizing a ronin but the ronin would not start his own clan but be introduced into the clan he is serving.