+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ronin is any one still interested?

Ronin is any one still interested?

Ronin feature that going to be but in the game but never got off the drawing board. Is any one beside myself still interest seeing that feature add into later DLC/patches? As well does anybody from the communites would share there idea how this could be fit into gameplay?

Paul Bäumer's gravedigger Becephalus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Joel M Bridge View Post
    Ronin feature that going to be but in the game but never got off the drawing board. Is any one beside myself still interest seeing that feature add into later DLC/patches? As well does anybody from the communites would share there idea how this could be fit into gameplay?
    Umm you can hire Ronin retinues in the game. They are implemented. Have you played the game?
    Its always darkest right before it is completely black -Chairman Mao

Those who beat their swords into plowshares often end up plowing for those who kept their swords -someone wise

"If you take a starving dog off the streets and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between a dog and a man." -Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Becephalus View Post
    Umm you can hire Ronin retinues in the game. They are implemented. Have you played the game?
    I think he's talking about the would-be feature of playing as a Ronin once you lose all of your land.

Quote Originally Posted by 5lyder View Post
    I think he's talking about the would-be feature of playing as a Ronin once you lose all of your land.
    that would be awesome

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by 5lyder View Post
    that would actually make some near unplayable characters playable again... like Chosokabe or Asakura...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandam View Post
    that would actually make some near unplayable characters playable again... like Chosokabe or Asakura...
    Or we can even get the ability to play as ronin the at the start.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    SengokuMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

To be honest I think that implementing such a feature would be more trouble than it's worth. I would much rather have the dev focus going on to improving diplomatic complexity. It may be an interesting diversion, but the time over which the game occurs is short, thus limiting how much you can really do. I can't see much success coming from playable ronin, similarly I can't see it as being fun for a significant amount of time.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think playing as a ronin is a bad idea. In the game, the commander of clan´s military is the clan leader. He alone decides where he will deploy his troops. Individual daimyos can conspire to take over the clan or to form a separate clan. Only they have something to do. Kokujins can only provide troops and hope that the clan leader will give them daimyo title. If you are a ronin and you join a clan then at the best you will become a kokujin (if you are extremely lucky). However, male family members of the clan and the loyal long term vassals we become before any new vassal when talking about giving lands to vassals. Generally speaking clan leaders and their inner circles didn´t trust former ronin vassals much.

Actually, that's not true.

If the ronin player captures a koku without being employed by anyone else, then that player would found a clan at that koku.

I remember playing a few games with features like this (strangly enough, they all seem to be in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series, or other Koei games). It was always a fun addition, but rarely had any significant practical benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfish12 View Post
    Actually, that's not true.

If the ronin player captures a koku without being employed by anyone else, then that player would found a clan at that koku.

I remember playing a few games with features like this (strangly enough, they all seem to be in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series, or other Koei games). It was always a fun addition, but rarely had any significant practical benefit.
    I think it would add nice about flare, special since are many of famous samuari of this era that where ronin and masterless, or had no land. Hell if does not get made into a patch least I can hope it get mod one day.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Naples, Campania, Italy, 115247758487174, Naples, Italy
    He's right, it's a good one.
    As a samurai (the ronin IS a samurai) in the game can split and form a clan, so should an ex samurai, now ronin, be able to. Not such a big deal. Perhaps it can be modded if not patched. Considering the elasticity of the engine and the events that can be built I am expecting a Sengoku Magna Mundi mod anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GShock View Post
    He's right, it's a good one.
    As a samurai (the ronin IS a samurai) in the game can split and form a clan, so should an ex samurai, now ronin, be able to. Not such a big deal. Perhaps it can be modded if not patched. Considering the elasticity of the engine and the events that can be built I am expecting a Sengoku Magna Mundi mod anytime soon.
    It would be interest if they could put that in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfish12 View Post
    With the current mechanics, capturing a koku with a ronin army only is hard. You could get something similar to the player's option, vassalizing a ronin but the ronin would not start his own clan but be introduced into the clan he is serving.

+ Reply to Thread