• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Loose some wars, get high revanchism, have a lot of cores owned by other nations, make your pops frustrated.
Let the fascists come to power, at some point they should coup.

Fascist goverments are generally hard to get because they're enabled late game. You've got to be careful when trying to generate fascism that your pops don't suddenly turn reactionary (has happened to me as france) but the best way to do it is by revanchism

if you do well, you possibly will have zero revanchism by the time fascism enabled.

Take a gutter crown and piss yourpeople off causing them to rise up. Once my friend got a gutter crown and it had maybe 50% of the German cores incorperated and his revanchism shot to 100% causing Fascist up the wazoo to rise up, they were so strong that he actually couldn't beat them if he tried.

Problem is that fascism is a ideology tied with having lost a (world) war mostly. And the player will seldom loss a major war, hence why players will seldom see them.

(same goes for communism to a large extend)

Problem is that fascism is a ideology tied with having lost a (world) war mostly. And the player will seldom loss a major war, hence why players will seldom see them.

(same goes for communism to a large extend)

This. They way I usually get around it without being gamey is to play fairly risky.

Couldn't you, at least in theory, release nations who also have cores there?

Releasing a nation removes your core on them - thus not giving you a free CB to reconquor them.

There are some ways to cheat - one event enables facism, the other makes them overthrow your government. I don't know the events, but a search will probably find them.

Well, it depends on how fascist you want to really be.

You could just wait until fascism is enabled, and then let fascist rebels spawn, and then let them wander around the country until they take your capitol. If they hold it for a year, they reform the government.

If you are a HMs Monarchy, you could just appoint them as a political party. You are still a constitutional monarchy, but the fascists are now in power (not unlike asking Mussolini to form a government, actually).

You could also get them elected in any government that has elections. But you won't get enough POPs supporting the fascist party until things are really bad (missing cores, bad economy, artisans doing poorly, soldiers and officers doing poorly). Even then, you are still a democracy with a fascist party in power. They may just get booted out next election, especially if you reclaim your cores.