+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Watch on the Rhine, 1945

Imam Of The House in Imp. Off. Herbert West's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Hungary (aka Carpathian Wastelands) Forget that, its Trondheim, baby!
    Blog Entries
    Again, those tanks were lost as operational losses, not as tactical ones. You should always, always question pilots reports about the damage they done.

For example: tank goes out, plane pelts it with 20mm ammo, that bounces right of the top armour, and penetrates, with a little luck, the engine block. The tank is now turned into a stationary gun, and can be considered knocked out.

Now, if we have an army that is either static, or on the offensive, then said tank will be towed back to base or the nearest adequate repair facility, and is repaired, and good to go. It is a short-lived loss, but not a permanent one.

If we have a retreating army with supply and logistics problems (germans in 1944), we will see that tank getting abandoned, and thus lost. This is an operational loss, since it was not brought by the plane actually killing the tank, but by the army the plane belonging to, advancing and enveloping the tank.

What HOI models, on the other hand, is tactical loss, meaning that the plane renders the tank not only inoperable, but completely destroys it. That did not happen often during WWII. Yes, the late-war planes had rockets, but you actually have to HIT things to destroy them, and this is where pre-guided munitions planes lack a lot.

(The same goes for the germans,of course, but they exploited this very fact, the disorganizing factor, in blitzkrieg)
    Byzantium Burns - A Crimean Gothic AAR for When the World Stopped Making Sense

My Inkwell

Ignore list
    DanubianCossack, Enewald, Kilrain, Petrarch

Noone has any inherent right not to be offended.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

please keep this discussion to the AAR ... this is starting to sound like something that should be moved to the History forum

Loki's warning is still valid, even though the posts he was talking about are reinstated. Continue the discussion about RL-vs-HoI-aircraft in the History or DH-subforum. Continue it in here and receive an infraction.
    Last edited by Qorten; 19-09-2011 at 12:29.
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Imam Of The House in Imp. Off. Herbert West's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Hungary (aka Carpathian Wastelands) Forget that, its Trondheim, baby!
    Blog Entries
    Byzantium Burns - A Crimean Gothic AAR for When the World Stopped Making Sense

My Inkwell

Ignore list
    DanubianCossack, Enewald, Kilrain, Petrarch

Noone has any inherent right not to be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Winner View Post
    What does that event do? - Also, it seems it might just work, encircle and destroy the Allies.

It adds extra ambush and surprise modifiers to reflect the surpris of the Ardennes Offensive.

I had some weird problem with the scenario. I solved it but will have probably to start again.
    My latest AAR : Das Ende, 1945

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    We'll wait, then
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (8) [Actualizado 01/09/2014]

you lost? Fight till bitter end!

Quote Originally Posted by DrakenPL View Post
    you lost? Fight till bitter end!
    +1

And update! Having three AARs doesn't help if none of which is being updated

(don't look at me like that, you have spoilt us with your frequent updating in the past )
    HoI2, mod 1914 -- Could Schlieffen Plan have led to a German victory in the Great War? Find out in this AAR! -- Completed

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Spartan Battle Manual

All makif's AARs are interesting. Frequent updates, some flavour, short posts containing plenty of information and many screenshots. Well, the Japanese one has become boring at the point it is now, because the war is essentially won, but I'm watching closely his French and German AARs

Central Trading Post Agent WaffleTheBard's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Cant wait for more.

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor The Glory500k club

WOW,a Year after the last post.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleTheBard View Post
    Cant wait for more.
    lolwut
    Pono animam Deo, et Patria!

Check out my Musical Atmosphere Improvement MOD --->http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ement-(M.A.I.)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...yzantivm-Novvm <---- My first AAR

Where do you get these sprites?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2