• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Farseer

Captain
15 Badges
Jan 17, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
Judging by the screenshots, I think we can guess a couple of things.

Namely: It's hex-based, there's no unit stacking and there's dedicated water units.

MORE SPECULATION, COME ON GENTS. :D

If I look at this image, and the comments to it on facebook, I believe we can only build one improvement per tile of influence. So more influence = more buildings for the city. I actually quite like that, if it were true! :)

315455_262730873759322_249314095101000_870613_1937465658_n.jpg

That makes me curious as to just how influence is extended. Upgrading the central castle?

Still, I'm not so sure - the first screenshot does show farms (and a dwarven tower) outside of the zone of influence. That said, it's possible that those are exceptions as income/population sites that thematically have to be further out - similar to trading posts in Majesty.

I'm thinking it's "Civilization V meets Master of Magic"!!!

Hex-based, mystic units, land improvements, tactical combat, city development and expansion, turn-based, spells??, etc...

I'm thinking it's "Civilization V meets Master of Magic"!!!

This was my thought too when I saw the screenshots and read some of the comments. I wonder if it isn't too ambitious, but I'm probably just jaded and still a bit sore from how Civ5 turned out. :)

The influence seems to be radiating from the central structure (castle, fort), so it may work much like in Civ (growth determining influence).

So it seems it's a "tile improvements are city buildings" model, interesting...

I wonder how moddable this game will be, currently I'm working on a fantasy mod for Civ5, but maybe I'll switch to Warlock if it offers good moddability, it's already a fantasy game, so some things missing in Civ5 will be already in place here...

I know, but it's not released yet, also I'm skeptical after seeing the quality of Elemental: War of Magic and don't like the Elemental graphics style. But if Fallen Enchantress proves to be a good game, I'm sure it will attract my interest...

As a possessor of elemental, I hve access to beta. I can tell you that the progress are amazing, as you will probably read in forums. Amazing progress doesn't make a good game, but FE is really shaping to be a very very good game for fantasy empire building lovers.