+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mechanics Speculation

Mechanics Speculation

Judging by the screenshots, I think we can guess a couple of things.

Namely: It's hex-based, there's no unit stacking and there's dedicated water units.

MORE SPECULATION, COME ON GENTS.

Majesty 2

Likely there will be creeps.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

If I look at this image, and the comments to it on facebook, I believe we can only build one improvement per tile of influence. So more influence = more buildings for the city. I actually quite like that, if it were true!

When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

That makes me curious as to just how influence is extended. Upgrading the central castle?

Still, I'm not so sure - the first screenshot does show farms (and a dwarven tower) outside of the zone of influence. That said, it's possible that those are exceptions as income/population sites that thematically have to be further out - similar to trading posts in Majesty.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesPirates of Black CoveRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I'm thinking it's "Civilization V meets Master of Magic"!!!

Hex-based, mystic units, land improvements, tactical combat, city development and expansion, turn-based, spells??, etc...
    Rule the waves... rule the world...

M&T Dev-Team - Iberia Group
    MEIOU and Taxes - A mod for Europa Universalis IV.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberalien18 View Post
    This was my thought too when I saw the screenshots and read some of the comments. I wonder if it isn't too ambitious, but I'm probably just jaded and still a bit sore from how Civ5 turned out.

The influence seems to be radiating from the central structure (castle, fort), so it may work much like in Civ (growth determining influence).

EU3 CompleteVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by cyberalien18 View Post

Hex-based, mystic units, land improvements, tactical combat, city development and expansion, turn-based, spells??, etc...
    that would be a wonderfull combination if it works.
    hopefully the AI works better (without cheats) than the Civ5 AI

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions

I hope they'll give us an option to turn of the hex grind for a more organic look (like in AoW).
    East vs. West - A Hearts of Iron Game | Forum | Teaser | Trailer | FAQ

So it seems it's a "tile improvements are city buildings" model, interesting...

I wonder how moddable this game will be, currently I'm working on a fantasy mod for Civ5, but maybe I'll switch to Warlock if it offers good moddability, it's already a fantasy game, so some things missing in Civ5 will be already in place here...

@Pawels
    Google fallen enchantress, it is very moddable, and has all the basics for some great improvments....

I know, but it's not released yet, also I'm skeptical after seeing the quality of Elemental: War of Magic and don't like the Elemental graphics style. But if Fallen Enchantress proves to be a good game, I'm sure it will attract my interest...

As a possessor of elemental, I hve access to beta. I can tell you that the progress are amazing, as you will probably read in forums. Amazing progress doesn't make a good game, but FE is really shaping to be a very very good game for fantasy empire building lovers.

How's Elemental nowadays, anyhow?

- No stacking
    - Dedicated water units, plus limited water travel by ground troops
    - It looks and feels a lot like Civ 5 (this is a good thing)
    - Spider are creepy

+ Reply to Thread