+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KanyeWest's Titles for Governments

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    The PDM Wiki has a list of all country tags that are currently used.

Ah, how helpful! Thank you, I will update accordingly as soon as I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    I've received quite a few compliments for the names I've compiled for the nations all around the world. This works for Pop-Demand Mod especially, since it includes tags for the nations it creates. I don't know what the effects will be for Vanilla, but it should most likely just ignore those and edit for existing nations.

Instructions: Place this file into your localisation folder, found in your Victoria II folder. Enjoy!

Preview:
    FRA_absolute_monarchy;Kingdom of France;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    FRA_prussian_constitutionalism;French Empire;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    FRA_hms_government;French Empire;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    FRA_democracy;Republic of France;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    FRA_bourgeois_dictatorship;Republic of France;;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    FRA_presidential_dictatorship;Republic of France;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    FRA_fascist_dictatorship;Vichy Republic of France;;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    FRA_proletarian_dictatorship;People's Republic of France;;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    GER_absolute_monarchy;German Empire;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    GER_prussian_constitutionalism;German Empire;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    GER_hms_government;German Empire;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    GER_democracy;Federal Republic of Germany;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    GER_bourgeois_dictatorship;Federal Republic of Germany;;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    GER_presidential_dictatorship;Federal Republic of Germany;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    GER_fascist_dictatorship; Try and guess.
    GER_proletarian_dictatorship;Democratic Republic of Germany;;;;;;;;;;;;x;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    -France as a Prussian Constitutionalism/HM's Government should be (the) Kingdom of France
    -Germany never referred to itself as a Republic until after WWII, so it would be more appropriate to call a German democracy or presidential/bourgeois/fascist dictatorship (the) German Reich or, if you want to translate, (the) German Realm/Empire/Nation (Reich can translate to all three).
    -Austria as a Fascist Dictatorship should be (the) Federal State of Austria, as that was what the Austro-fascist dictatorship of the 1930s called itself.
    It is not sufficient that I succeed- all others must fail- Genghis Khan

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by LAF1994 View Post
    -Germany never referred to itself as a Republic until after WWII, so it would be more appropriate to call a German democracy or presidential/bourgeois/fascist dictatorship (the) German Reich or, if you want to translate, (the) German Realm/Empire/Nation (Reich can translate to all three).
    They never changed from the name "German Empire" from 1871 to 1945, only the modern German is known as a Republic. But it might be just better to call it just "Germany".

A better name for non-Absolute French Monarchy would be "Kingdom of the French" (Kingdom of France (1791–1792)).

Also there's no such thing as the "Republic of France", Democratic France has always been known as the "French Republic" (French First Republic).

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    They never changed from the name "German Empire" from 1871 to 1945, only the modern German is known as a Republic. But it might be just better to call it just "Germany".

A better name for non-Absolute French Monarchy would be "Kingdom of the French" (Kingdom of France (1791–1792)).

Also there's no such thing as the "Republic of France", Democratic France has always been known as the "French Republic" (French First Republic).
    1. I did 'Federal Republic of Germany' for practical use, since it's obvious that a player may not be going the path of the Weimar Republic (A.K.A. Competence) or simply want to use it as a place-holder for Communist/Fascist/Anarcho-Liberal intentions.

2. Duly noted. Thanks!

3. Again, noted; I did that by mistake, and I always forget to change it. I'll make a note to include it in the next update.

-France as a Prussian Constitutionalism/HM's Government should be (the) Kingdom of France
    -Austria as a Fascist Dictatorship should be (the) Federal State of Austria, as that was what the Austro-fascist dictatorship of the 1930s called itself.

2. That would sound stupid, no? "HEY, YOU WANNA GO TO THE FRENCH REPUBLIC TODAY?" "NAH, LET'S GO TO THE GERMAN REALM". And 'realm' can literally mean anything from the German cores from Alsace to the now-stolen regions in the East, or to simply the places where the Germans may have territory/German-speakers in it. Too broad for my taste.
    3. Duly noted. Thank you for your patronage!

2. That would sound stupid, no? "HEY, YOU WANNA GO TO THE FRENCH REPUBLIC TODAY?" "NAH, LET'S GO TO THE GERMAN REALM". And 'realm' can literally mean anything from the German cores from Alsace to the now-stolen regions in the East, or to simply the places where the Germans may have territory/German-speakers in it. Too broad for my taste.
    [/FONT]
    Historically, the term 'Reich' was never translated in English documents after 1918, so it would be best to simply call it (the) German Reich anyway.
    It is not sufficient that I succeed- all others must fail- Genghis Khan

Historically, the term 'Reich' was never translated in English documents after 1918, so it would be best to simply call it (the) German Reich anyway.
    No thank you.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

great job on the government titles. I was looking to include this in a compilation mod, with your permission. Looking forward to a reply
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Quote Originally Posted by dskod1 View Post
    great job on the government titles. I was looking to include this in a compilation mod, with your permission. Looking forward to a reply
    Of course! Just include a link to this topic and cite me as the creator of this Title mod (and I would like a link to your compilation mod, if you don't mind; I'd like to see it myself).

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

First off, I'd like to say that this mod is amazing!

May I make a small suggestion for the Durrani Empire?

The non-monarchy names could better be Pashtunistan, in my opinion, since the cores (except for Khorasan and parts of Punjab) are claimed by some Pashtuns as part of their historical homeland.
    The Historical Plausibility Project

"Oh Lord Shiva, protect us from the fang of the cobra, the claw of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan" -old Hindu prayer

Quote Originally Posted by impspy View Post
    First off, I'd like to say that this mod is amazing!

May I make a small suggestion for the Durrani Empire?

The non-monarchy names could better be Pashtunistan, in my opinion, since the cores (except for Khorasan and parts of Punjab) are claimed by some Pashtuns as part of their historical homeland.
    Ah, thank you very much! I wasn't sure exactly how (a.k.a. I did the naming at midnight) the Durrani Empire would unfold. In our timeline, it ended some time ago, but Victoria II offers the chance to cause a rebirth of the Durrani. So, I had to ask myself, "How would this transpire? How would the country be named? Would it cling to the past dynasty and name of the Durrani and use it as a recurring motif, or would it, as it became ignorant/radicalized and furthermore away from its old traditional stature that can simply be called 'the Durrani Empire', and take the approach of the French and make it more about the people (French/Durrani) instead of the land (France/et cetera)?" I use this question a lot for this modding, and I guess I made the wrong call for the Durrani. Thank you very much for your help! I have corrected the link just now, as well as added more tags for Indian kingdoms and one for the Kutai culture in Borneo.
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: £50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

I am having trouble downloading is the link broken maybe?

Nevermind it worked.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Could you post them on my topic, please? I would like to know what you did; as well, I would like to know how you were able to name the USA as actually the United States of America; I've been having difficulty with that tag, as well as the Confederacy's tag. They remain USA & CSA if I do CSA_ and USA_.
    I had to edit out the names in 1.1.csv, 00_0newpdmlocalisation.csv, newtext.csv, and PDMCountries_Loc.csv for a few countries.

"Oh Lord Shiva, protect us from the fang of the cobra, the claw of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan" -old Hindu prayer

Quote Originally Posted by impspy View Post
    I had to edit out the names in 1.1.csv, 00_0newpdmlocalisation.csv, newtext.csv, and PDMCountries_Loc.csv for a few countries.

What do you mean by that? How can that be done?
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

What do you mean by that? How can that be done?
    Take for example: 1.1.csv. This is the file that contains the USA and CSA localizations. Because 1.1 is loaded before TAG_TitlesforAlternativeGovernments.csv (the game load number, then letters) its localization override yours. There are 2 ways to fix this. One way (which incidentally, I just realized, doh!) is to rename your localization file to something like "0000_TAG_TitlesforAlternativeGovernments.csv" so that it loads first.

The 2nd way is to go into the files that contain the localization, and remove them:
    Code:
    USA_proletarian_dictatorship;The USA;États-Unis;USA;;EE UU;;;;;;;;;x
    CSA_proletarian_dictatorship;The CSA;États confédérés d'Amérique;CSA;;EE CC;;;;;;;;;x
    USA_presidential_dictatorship;The USA;États-Unis;USA;;EE UU;;;;;;;;;x
    CSA_presidential_dictatorship;The CSA;États confédérés d'Amérique;CSA;;EE CC;;;;;;;;;x
    USA_bourgeois_dictatorship;The USA;États-Unis;USA;;EE UU;;;;;;;;;x
    CSA_bourgeois_dictatorship;The CSA;États confédérés d'Amérique;CSA;;EE CC;;;;;;;;;x
    USA_fascist_dictatorship;The USA;États-Unis;USA;;EE UU;;;;;;;;;x
    CSA_fascist_dictatorship;The CSA;États confédérés d'Amérique;CSA;;EE CC;;;;;;;;;x
    USA_prussian_constitutionalism;The USA;États-Unis;USA;;EE UU;;;;;;;;;x
    CSA_prussian_constitutionalism;The CSA;États confédérés d'Amérique;CSA;;EE CC;;;;;;;;;x
    USA_democracy;The USA;États-Unis;USA;;EE UU;;;;;;;;;x
    CSA_democracy;The CSA;États confédérés d'Amérique;CSA;;EE CC;;;;;;;;;x
    CAL_absolute_monarchy;Kingdom of California;Royaume de Californie;Kingdom of California;;;;;;;;;;x ;
    CAL_hms_government;Kingdom of California;Royaume de Californie;Kingdom of California;;;;;;;;;;x ;
    USA_absolute_monarchy;Kingdom of America;Royaume d'Amérique;Kingdom of America;;;;;;;;;;x ;
    USA_hms_government;Kingdom of America;Royaume d'Amérique;Kingdom of America;;;;;;;;;;x ;
    This is found in the 1.1.csv file. If removed your problem goes away.

Hope that helps.

The file has been updated and renamed to '0000_TAG_TitlesforAlternativeGOvernments.csv', so I highly suggest you delete the old file so that this one may take effect.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r3u33y4f7zl9tue

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Will this work with a improved 1836 of course not with the new countrys but at least with the regule rones?

Suggestions:

Oldenburg should be 'grand duchy of oldenburg' as a monarchy, not 'independant city of oldenburg' since it was never a city state like bremen or hamburg and 'free state of oldenburg' as a republic.

Lubeck, Bremen and Hamburg should be 'hansiatic city of'.

Crimea should be 'khanate of crimea' as a absolute monarchy and maybe as a fascist dictatorship as should more of the central asian states.

Russian states and Lithuania should be 'Grand Duchies' rather than 'kingdoms'.

Congo was better in vanilla. I'd keep the vanilla names and use 'Democratic Republic of the congo' for dictatorships apart from the standard presidential dictatorship which should be Zaire like in vainlla.

Luang Prabang should be 'Lao people's republic' as a proletarian dictatorship and 'Kingdom of Laos' as a hms government.

Siam should be 'Kingdom of Thailand' as a hms government.

Democracy Netherlands should be 'united provinces of the netherlands'.

Israel could be 'Kingdom of Judea' as a monarchy and 'State of Zion' as a fascist dictatorship.

1. Thank you.
    2. Thank you.
    3. I'll think about that for the Crimea, but not ofr the Central Asian states; Bukkhara was more of an Emirate than anything.
    4. I fancied them more as kingdoms rather than grand duchies, since I supposed someone would want them to be independent as kingdoms rather than simple duchies. But, I'll change it if it seems appropriate enough.
    5. Fair enough.
    6. I'll consider it.
    7. I'll consider it.
    8. I'll consider it, but it seems that they have evolved passed that point as a cohesive culture.
    9. I'll consider it.

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

I know this may be a stupid question but where to I put this .csv file for it to show up in my games, it would be nice to easily see what each country is, government wise.

.../victoria 2/localisation. Or if you want to run it with a mod, .../victoria 2/mod/[modname]/localisation.
    俺はMEIOUずきだ。

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast