I love gameplay AARs (badger_ken and naggy, among others), and I've played through five games of Vicky 2 in the last couple weeks, and I wanted to do an AAR. Why Argentina? Because I drew the ten of diamonds, duh! I made a chart of nations I hadn't played much or had never played, and wanted to, and assigned a country to each card. After doing so-so as Greece (15th) and the OE (5th, but made GP late and 5th was from spamming dreadnoughts), and Persia (only 14th), but 5th as Haiti of all places, Argentina came up next.
So what can we tell from the intro? First, that I'm not that good. Second, that I tend to play quick games (could these two be related? nah). And third, that a Western Hemisphere minor can go gangbusters if you get lucky. My Haiti was far more powerful than my OE (which was SOIed by, and never fought, Russia). So let us see what an Argentine tango will do to the world.
- an interesting gameplay AAR from a guy who isn't that good;
- bite off more than I can chew! No fun to read a safe AAR.
- democratize! My Haiti democratized late because I did not understand the rules, but ended up with five or six NFs from an obscure primary culture which started at ~100k. I want a democracy sooner.
- build a decent starting base from which to work on the rest of the world. Yes, I wanna bite off more than I can chew, but not from the get go. We got that from Johan's first-ever Texas AAR. Short but bitter? Um, no.
- try not to do the same thing everybody else does. I've played to 1850ish and I didn't follow this too well. Meh.
- Colonize. Haiti hit 16 too late to join the fun. Very frustrating.
- Figure out how to add photos to a post. Now there is a worthy goal.
- Figure out how to link chapters, which I assume is easy.
Chapter One: A New Hope
Chapter Two: Fighting in Mountains, Badly
Chapter Three: Fighting In Mountains, Better
Chapter Four: R&R, Rest and Research
Chapter Five: Johore or Mine?
Chapter Six: Dumb and Dumber
Chapter Seven: How Will it End?
Chapter Eight: That Could Have Gone ... Better
Chapter Nine: Into Africa
Chapter Ten: Fighting A Great Power
Chapter Eleven: Great Power Games
Chapter Twelve: Playing in Traffic
Chapter Thirteen: Is It Me, Or Is It Chile In Here?
Chapter Fourteen: Aftermath
Chapter Fifteen: Into Europe
Chapter Sixteen: Argentina Outnumbered
Chapter Seventeen: Two Million Screaming Russians
Chapter Eighteen: War In Russia
Chapter Nineteen: A Couple More Wars
Chapter Twenty: Fighting Sauron
Chapter Twenty-One: The Argentine Invasion
Chapter Twenty-Two: To The Eternal Glory of the Infantry
Chapter Twenty-Three: The End of the War
Chapter Twenty-Four: Into Germany!
Chapter Twenty-Five: To Berlin!
Chapter Twenty-Six: Caution - Genius At Work!
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Third Russian War
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Will Poland Breath Free?
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Second German War
Chapter Thirty: Another European War
Chapter Thirty-One: At the Gates of Vienna
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Fourth Russian War
Chapter Thirty-Three: A Wider War
Chapter Thirty-Four: The World is Changing
Chapter Thirty-Five: At World At War
Chapter Thirty-Six: Freedom of the Seas
Chapter Thirty Seven: The Third German War
Chapter Thirty Eight: The End