• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dannie

Paradox Publishing
10 Badges
Nov 9, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Paradox has teamed up with Steam to offer massive discounts each day through Sunday. Each day a new title will be offered at enormous savings, so check back daily. Also be sure not to miss the Paradox Complete pack for 87% off. That's over 90 games and DLCs for one low price.

Today's daily deal is Cities in Motion at 75% off and on top of that, the new DLC German Cities, is just released. Check this out here: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/paradox_citiesinmotion_day

Here you can see all the titles on sale as well as the massive complete pack:
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/paradox_citiesinmotion_day

Additionally, save 50% on Select titles at the Paradox Web Shop through Sunday: http://www.gameplayoutlet.com/

capture_0.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to be picking something up for sure. Probably Cities in Motion and Magika.:)

Great Finally I can buy Vicky 2, sadly I am still terrified of HoI3.

Might have to reserve a few dollars (from my measily amount of cash) and buy something, though I'm kinda dodgy on buying Paradox games on Steam every since that whole EU3 issue of having to wait for ages to get the 5.1 Patch. :p

I'd rather pay full price for a Paradox game on Gamersgate than a discount price on Steam. It might hurt more up front, but I've had such a better experience with games from Gamersgate that I'm willing to pay more.

Great Finally I can buy Vicky 2, sadly I am still terrified of HoI3.

IMO, Vicky 2 is much more complicated than HoI3.

But if you decide to buy it , it only make sense when you also get both expansion and use one of great HoI3 mods (I.C.E is IMO best HoI3 mod - FTM version should be available soon).

CiM was kinda instabuy for me. I like the demo and I am having it on my radar since quite some time.
Unfortunately, I am short on budget, so I picked it up now. Enjoyed the Tutorial so far.
Very promising.
And my first Paradox game either :D.

Well, just got Cities in Motion, and will probably take advantage more. Good thing I've been saving up:)

Gave in to my needy side and purchased Cities in Motion. Must resist buying more...

I'd rather pay full price for a Paradox game on Gamersgate than a discount price on Steam. It might hurt more up front, but I've had such a better experience with games from Gamersgate that I'm willing to pay more.

I agree.
In addition AFAIK Paradox gets a significantly bigger cut from a sale made via Gamersgate, which means more money for them to make new games/expansions. :)

Are extra copies from the Paradox Complete Bundle giftable?

I'm not sure, please check with Steam.

I agree.
In addition AFAIK Paradox gets a significantly bigger cut from a sale made via Gamersgate, which means more money for them to make new games/expansions. :)

This is not accurate, we get the same cut from all of the digital sales platforms if I remember correctly.

This is not accurate, we get the same cut from all of the digital sales platforms if I remember correctly.

Oh, I could swear I remember Fredrik Wester stating something to that effect in the past. Maybe the conditions have changed since then or my brain is just making up stuff again. ;-)

Does Paradox at least still hold a minority interest in Gamersgate?

I thought Fredrik himself had a minority stake in Gamersgate, it could be Paradox itself but I'm unsure.

If there are any games I've not got for a decent price I'll pick them up. I don't mind Steam for certain games but would rather have Gamersgate.

Does the Steam version means that Steam needs to be running while I play? I wanted to buy some DLC, where I have normal gamers gate version. Those I can play offline.