• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I played as Gomo and tried splitting from my clan.

Things that have worked for me well = Ninja's to dishonor my leige, Making Relations with rival clan leaders and other vassals using my master of ceromonies, upgrading my castle gives me more troops ! Marry a 16 year old as soon as game starts ( pref with a stat of +30% fertility) to spam some more offspring

-Choose your first wife carefull, he will give you half her stats as bonuses, and get 4 wives as soon as possible, they will increase the chance of having a heir
-Don't start a war when you have vassals who hate you, they will backstab you at the worst moment
-Don't start a war against someone who is as strong as you, witouth an inside plot to help you have at least 2x the troops.
-If you start a war witouth having hostages from your other neighbours first they WILL stab you in the back the moment the war goes bad for you
-If you wan't to plot with a vassal of your enemy, send your MoG to sow dissent, send him gifts and try to get a marrige with him or his sons/daugthers
-Don't forget, to join a plot the AI needs to have enough honor to do so
-Don't give out so much land to a vassal that he will be stronger then you
-don't attack an enemy army in a mountain province or across rivers

Thats all I can think of right now, I'll post more if I can.

Is it really the first wife you choose, or does it change ? I know that during the demo spouse did change.

-Choose your first wife carefull, he will give you half her stats as bonuses, and get 4 wives as soon as possible, they will increase the chance of having a heir
-Don't start a war when you have vassals who hate you, they will backstab you at the worst moment
-Don't start a war against someone who is as strong as you, witouth an inside plot to help you have at least 2x the troops.
-If you start a war witouth having hostages from your other neighbours first they WILL stab you in the back the moment the war goes bad for you
-If you wan't to plot with a vassal of your enemy, send your MoG to sow dissent, send him gifts and try to get a marrige with him or his sons/daugthers

and this all results in:

- if you want to win the game start as Yamana, Hosokawa, Ouchi, Toki or Uesugi.. any other clan got no chance at all to unify japan.

Try to figure out who your first target is and then try to make sure you dont get stabbed in the back fighting him. Plots, marriages and hostages could be useful here. Also, get your masters busy upgrading your provinces.

and this all results in:

- if you want to win the game start as Yamana, Hosokawa, Ouchi, Toki or Uesugi.. any other clan got no chance at all to unify japan.

Well, I did it with Shimazu in my first game so that's clearly wrong.

Wow, thanks for the tips!

and this all results in:

This is not true. I've even seen the AI doing it with other clans than that. But you are right that it is easier to do it with those clans.

I like how everyone was saying how the game must be too easy based on the AAR that King released and the video on youtube. Now everyone is saying its too hard. Onc I get plots to work this may well be a damn good game! Much appreciated.

I like how everyone was saying how the game must be too easy based on the AAR that King released and the video on youtube. Now everyone is saying its too hard. Onc I get plots to work this may well be a damn good game! Much appreciated.

This is true for for almost every paradox release. As far as I'm concerned this is the most stable and balanced paradox title at launch for me so far.

I also decided to see how bad "blobbing" was in this game so i used the spectator cheat for three games. In two of the games the ai was unable to unify Japan by the time limit due to massive civil wars destroying clans from the inside. But one game Kono managed to get the win in 1590. So, yeah, I think this game is pretty good for having just released.

Currently it is bugged and uses your most recent wife. Next patch it will use the best stat of any wife.

Awesome, that makes a lot more sense.