Cities in Motion first-aid technical guide

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello there,

I bought CIM 3 days ago and i was playing without any problem. But today game not starts. When i click to CIM it just appears on dock and gone again in a sec.

I uninstall and install almost 5 times still same.

I have no mod.

All programs closed only steam runs.

Video drivers up to date.

I have the latest version.

I can't register my game cause i can't find my CD-Key without launch in game.

I deleted settings.scripts and log_metro.txt but still same. I even deleted whole folder... Same.

Here is log_metro.txt

Opened log in "userdata/log_metro.txt".
Version: 1.0.22
initializing FMOD...
[done]
initializing OpenGL-window...
Loaded console
Loaded language "en_US"
Engine initialization finished
User folder: /Users/Silentstorm/Library/Application Support
Loading ui...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/mappack01"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/munich"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack04"...
[done]
Loading achievements...
[done]
Loading main menu...
[done]
Steam initialized
Start scenario "metro/scenarios/sandbox.scenario"
Loading game...
[done]
Error: Runtime error in "metro/scenarios/sandbox.scenario" at line 29: Cannot call non-function variant!
Error: Called from "metro/scripts/scenario.script" at line 367
money increased by 10 000
Submitting achievement to steam: iknowmywayaround
Steam achievement iknowmywayaround awarded
Submitting achievement to steam: transporttycoon
Steam achievement transporttycoon awarded
Submitting achievement to steam: itsunderway
Steam achievement itsunderway awarded
Submitting achievement to steam: metromaster
Steam achievement metromaster awarded
Saving game as "asdaxcvasdfsdf"...
[done]
Submitting achievement to steam: honorcitizen
Steam achievement honorcitizen awarded
Saving game as "kdfgdfkglj"...
[done]
Loading main menu...
[done]
Start scenario "userdata/saves/kdfgdfkglj/level.scenario"
Loading game...
[done]
Error: Runtime error in "userdata/saves/kdfgdfkglj/level.scenario" at line 29: Cannot call non-function variant!
Error: Called from "metro/scripts/scenario.script" at line 367
Saving game as "kddfgdfgdfgdfgdf"...
[done]
Saving game as "kddfgdfgdfgdfgdf"...
[done]
Loading main menu...
[done]
Closed log in "userdata/log_metro.txt".

I am using MAC and here is details,

Processor 2,93 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 12 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

Aah and additional information, Steam updated itself yesterday night after i quit game and this morning game not running.

Thanks...

This log shows you pleyed the game, so it is an old one from before the game crashed. check the log file again right after the game crashes.
When did you delete settings.script? Try un-installing the game, delete the whole folder (the one with settings.script, log_metro.txt etc.), and then install the game again.

This log shows you pleyed the game, so it is an old one from before the game crashed. check the log file again right after the game crashes.
When did you delete settings.script? Try un-installing the game, delete the whole folder (the one with settings.script, log_metro.txt etc.), and then install the game again.

Thank you for that fast reply. Game even not running right now. When i click to game it just opens on dock and close at the same time. And when i delete the whole folder, uninstall and reinstall the game it's not creating new one.
I deleted settings.script after this problem start.

Well now i uninstall game, delete the whole folder and install it. Its not running and there is no more folder at "Application Support"

CIM not starting after steam update

Hi, I am also having exactly the same problem. CIM will not start today, worked fine yesterday and every day before that. The only change has been a steam update. I have looked and the log_metro.txt is from yesterday, no new one is created when steam is clicked.

If anyone here is running an ATI Crossfire setup and has trouble with the game loading to a black screen, just disable crossfire and run it on one card, it'll work fine. Just spent the last hour trying all sorts of things and reading in these forums before stumbling on this fix by trying random things from past problems with other software. Hope this helps someone and that it isn't already in here somewhere and I've missed it.

If anyone here is running an ATI Crossfire setup and has trouble with the game loading to a black screen, just disable crossfire and run it on one card, it'll work fine. Just spent the last hour trying all sorts of things and reading in these forums before stumbling on this fix by trying random things from past problems with other software. Hope this helps someone and that it isn't already in here somewhere and I've missed it.

It's a sticky on the tech support forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?522116-ATI-4850-4870-crossfire-issues

Problem facing:
I am now using window 7 and using Steam version CIM. There is no response after i launch the game in the steam platform. (But in the Task Manager I observe that the CIM is operating) Would CO or anybody give me a hand? Thank you very much.

Hardware specifications:
CPU: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300@1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz
RAM : 4.00GB
Platform: Window 7 (64 bit)
HDD Capacity : 4TB total (1TB for each disk)

log_metro content:

Code:
Opened log in "userdata/log_metro.txt".
Version: 1.0.22
initializing FMOD...
[done]
initializing OpenGL-window...
[done]
Error: Minimun OpenGL requirements not supported
Error: Occlusion Query not supported
Error: Vertex attributes not supported
Error: Vertex buffers not supported
Error: FrameBuffers not supported
Error: GLSL not supported
Error: Shaders needed for hardware skinning
Error: Runtime error in "metro/scripts/window.script" at line 45: Internal error!
Error: Runtime error in "metro/scripts/init.script" at line 34: Internal error!
Closed log in "userdata/log_metro.txt".

What graphic card are you using?
Intel graphic cards are not supported, if you have any other card, update your drivers.

CIM looks like a lovely game, however I am not able to make it work properly. After 15-20 min of playing it freezes for a second and then, poof, disappears from the screen without any warning or message. I tried to re-install it, play not in the full screen mode, use system cursor, update drivers etc. to no avail. Can you help me?
My system specifications are:
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 525M and it does support the game.
Processor: Intel Core i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80 GHz Dual Core
Memory: 6GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 446GB

CIM looks like a lovely game, however I am not able to make it work properly. After 15-20 min of playing it freezes for a second and then, poof, disappears from the screen without any warning or message. I tried to re-install it, play not in the full screen mode, use system cursor, update drivers etc. to no avail. Can you help me?
My system specifications are:
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 525M and it does support the game.
Processor: Intel Core i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80 GHz Dual Core
Memory: 6GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 446GB

Please post your log_metro.txt file. Located in ...\Documents\Cities in Motion.