Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Salem Beta Thread

Private

I have a question:
    When do you think we'll see more gameplay footage? It will be interesting to see what terraforming options we'll have.

Recruit

Following.
    I'm interested in participating in alpha/beta. Got plenty experience in crafting games (HH, DF).
    Also - it's great to see that this kind of games are now rapidly evolving. Good luck.

Well, I'd like to say by way of qualifications that I was a "village elder" in Scorpion Stone in Wurm, on the Golden Valley (introductory) server. It was a group of players devoted to helping new people get started, and explaining how the game worked (since there was no tutorial or in-game help.) I moved over to Freedom server where I was in another village that tried to help new people.

I also have done a good bit of historical research on colonial America as a historical document analyst, have a CIS degree, and am an experienced beta tester, being mentioned in the credits for Settlers III and WWII Online. Also, per my forum handle, was staff on Jim Dunnigan's online historical simulation "Hundred Years War."

(short version: pick me!)

Definitely interested in this game and eagerly awaiting more information on it! Never tried this specific type of MMO, but it's caught my eye.

Second Lieutenant
    A Game of DwarvesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneImpire
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I've been following salem since it first was announced It's nice to see that we are getting closer and closer :P

Second Lieutenant
    MagickaMount & Blade: Warband

Just found out about this game..
    Saw the Dev interview video on youtube and I thought every single word that came outta his mouth was perfection.
    It's like this game is made for me.

And if that's not enough to make you want to let me into beta..
    I'm probably one of the best at finding game weaknesses and glitches, exploits etc.
    Even after a game is fully released and been through beta I still manage to find them.

Usually I keep them for myself but if you pick me for the beta I'll let you know about 'em all that I find.
    I haven't played a perma-death game before but I know I'm ready for it because full loot and exp losses makes me fall asleep.

Man I sound like a salesman lol.

I would be honored to be considered to beta for this game. Long time Wurm & H&H player here. Please toss me a bone.

awesome im really looking forward to this!
    i used to play Wurm and have played HnH for just under a year. i would be immensely honored if i could get a beta

I'm also very curious!
    I'd be awesome if I could help out in the Alpha!
    I don't know if I played similar games before. Except for Haven&Hearth of course. I've been playing it for about half a year and established a flourishing trade system with my neighbours until the servers broke.
    Oh and I'm a huge fan of Dwarf Fortress It doesn't get much more sandbox than this I guess.. It has a trading system, crafting, building construction, primitive machinerly, digging, water/lava flow, nobility, army etc etc.. so this could be counted as Salem related experience, even if it is sngleplayer. And I played EVE Online for a while, it is not very sandbox but it has one of the most complex trading systems I know of.
    A kind of haven&hearth style experience I made is a survival gamemode for garrysmod called stranded. it is also about resources, crafting tools and all kinds of stuff.
    Last edited by Schro; 24-09-2011 at 16:23.

It's good to see things are moving along. Best of luck Salem Devs!

I've been playing HnH for a while and am very interested in Salem.

I'd be a very dedicated player and would prolly put in 5-8hrs daily.

Recruit

I can't wait for it to come out..... it would be awesome to be in the beta process.... i am a fast learner and love playing games..... i play games about 12-14 hours a day..... since i don't have a job yet.....

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Hate to ask. However why does everyone keep applying for the beta. I am as eager and qualified but I am sure they will give us all a place to apply later. or tell us when they accept applications or something

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteGettysburgKing Arthur IILead and Gold
    MagickaSword of the Stars IIMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

Blog Entries
    Hi Everyone,

We really love the enthusiastic request for participating in the Salem Beta, it's really nice motivator for the devs. But like Kailvin point out, this isn't how we'll move forward to taking in Beta testers. We will however, bring as many people as possible on board to help us prove the game's systems and infrastructure. We're confident most, if not all of you will get in when the Beta Testing starts.

For those interested in Alpha Testing, if you really want a good chance of getting into that I suggest actively playing Haven & Hearth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kailvin View Post
    Hate to ask. However why does everyone keep applying for the beta. I am as eager and qualified but I am sure they will give us all a place to apply later. or tell us when they accept applications or something
    War of the Roses Executive Producer
    Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    I have horses, and i cant see whats wrong with the speed? Maybe more bumps for the rider, and more horse farts, but nothing is glaringly wrong here

I used to play a lot of haven & hearth, but I quit to wait until Salem would get released and have been following the progress of this game since it was announced.

I'm a quite experienced H&H player, I would really love to get into the alpha testing and help with whatever is required to be done!

Playing H&H actively is very hard at the moment, because after a major crash it got very laggy (for months now) making the simplest things a test of patience. Well maybe it is a good way to test for patient alpha testers.

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by GordonVanDyke View Post
    For those interested in Alpha Testing, if you really want a good chance of getting into that I suggest actively playing Haven & Hearth.
    I hate the curiosity system so much I cannot play more than 2 days in a row.

In Salem food will play much the same role as curiosities...

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacle View Post
    In Salem food will play much the same role as curiosities...
    It's different though, as they described in the livestream.

Quote Originally Posted by Al. I. Cuza View Post
    It's different though, as they described in the livestream.
    yea it will be about the chemical values of the bread if I got that right. The purer the better. I like it, could be fun.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast