Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Salem Beta Thread

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteGettysburgKing Arthur IILead and Gold
    MagickaSword of the Stars IIMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

Blog Entries

Official Salem Beta Thread

Hi Everyone! First we'd like to say we're very humbled to already see so much passionate interest for the Beta Testing of Salem. So, to make life a little less "up in the Air" we'd like to clarify the Beta (and Alpha) Testing dates we are working hard to deliver on.
    • Alpha Testing (Currently the game is in Pre-Alpha and we'll need an elite handful of players with proven experience in similar kinds of MMORPG's to start this with us) - This will begin as soon as we reach Alpha which is trending towards the end of September. It'll begin with a very small hand picked group and then grow to size(s) that make sense for testing and participation.
    • Beta Testing (This will be open to a much larger group with all those that were in Alpha Testing being grandfathered in and Haven & Hearth and Dreamlords: Resurrection players given priority) - This will start around the beginning of 2012 or when Alpha development is done and the game is ready for Beta Testing.
    • Open Beta (This will be as it sounds, open to everyone by registering) This will happen once the game is in a state to handle a much larger player base.
    Keep in mind these dates & schedules are not written in stone, and flexibility with test management and Developments needs will always come first, even if it's not the popular choice amongst the public, or internally. We will however, always communicate openly and honestly with our community to keep a mutually respectable line of communication we can all trust and count on.

This post will be updated when things change and hopefully helps clear things up. If no, feel free to post a question and we'll do our best to answer.

Cheers,

GvD
    Last edited by GordonVanDyke; 13-09-2011 at 12:23.
    War of the Roses Executive Producer
    Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    I have horses, and i cant see whats wrong with the speed? Maybe more bumps for the rider, and more horse farts, but nothing is glaringly wrong here

Thanks for giving us your time line. It's good to hear something again about this.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonVanDyke View Post
    Currently the game is in Pre-Alpha and we'll need an elite handful of players with proven experience in these kinds of MMO's to start this
    Wouldn't that be limited to Haven and Hearth (perhaps Wurms)? Other games akin to what Salem appears to want to become are rarely MMO's. Your run of the mill MMO-player does not seem a representative audience.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    Thanks for giving us your time line. It's good to hear something again about this.

Wouldn't that be limited to Haven and Hearth (perhaps Wurms)? Other games akin to what Salem appears to want to become are rarely MMO's. Your run of the mill MMO-player does not seem a representative audience.
    I changed it to say MMORPG, but like you mention, Salem isn't easy to fit into commonly used genre definitions. But for clarity sake, and keeping things within common descriptive terminology we use that acronym for the technical definition (Massively multiplayer online), and not the commonly associated pop-cultural games.
    I have horses, and i cant see whats wrong with the speed? Maybe more bumps for the rider, and more horse farts, but nothing is glaringly wrong here

Crusader Kings IIRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. Early 2012 is fine, since I`d have time then, so it makes sense to apply.
    Earth Invasion : Los Angeles

The Alien Invasion is here. Los Angeles is lost, unless a few good Paradoxians (and a bunch of Marines) throw them back in the ocean. Rules. Data. Map.

200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2Naval War: Arctic CircleEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I'm following

I changed it to say MMORPG, but like you mention, Salem isn't easy to fit into commonly used genre definitions. But for clarity sake, and keeping things within common descriptive terminology we use that acronym for the technical definition (Massively multiplayer online), and not the commonly associated pop-cultural games.
    Changing it to MMORPG instead of MMO doesn't really address it, but I appreciate the difficulty of your terminological problem. I'm happy to hear the target audience hasn't shifted.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Now I want to go play Wurms again so I can be counted as an experienced player.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Question: Will Alpha be handled by an application process, or does Paradox intend to invite interested and active individuals from the community?

Blog Entries
    Some small edits made to main post.

Quote Originally Posted by Robben DuMarsch View Post
    Question: Will Alpha be handled by an application process, or does Paradox intend to invite interested and active individuals from the community?
    Initially we'll invite individuals from the community.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionEuropa Universalis IV
    War of the VikingsWarlock 2: The Exiled

Aww, was hoping I could apply somewhere
    Actually the alpha-phase should be made with the closest available community people. Picking folks from outside shouldn't start until closed/open beta. So it makes perfect sense!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the Stars IIMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Same here ^^ though the handpick is probably the best choice for an alpha-phase, though I had been hoping that it was gonna be a beta-stage that was opening this September O.o.

Since im a huge Wurm and H&H fan. I've been stalking this forum since well.. almost since the minute it opened.

If there was a magic lamp somewhere I would make 3 wishes to be part of the alpha, since I haven't been so active in the forums. But I have at least made an appearance so there might be a chance to be selected unless the selection is already done.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionEuropa Universalis IV
    War of the VikingsWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Dregazuk View Post
    Same here ^^ though the handpick is probably the best choice for an alpha-phase, though I had been hoping that it was gonna be a beta-stage that was opening this September O.o.

Since im a huge Wurm and H&H fan. I've been stalking this forum since well.. almost since the minute it opened.

If there was a magic lamp somewhere I would make 3 wishes to be part of the alpha, since I haven't been so active in the forums. But I have at least made an appearance so there might be a chance to be selected unless the selection is already done.
    I haven't gotten more into Wurm and H&H than seeing some videos on youtube, they both have this mystique feeling around them that Salem surely will have. I am totally interested in all three games, no doubt. But my lack of experience with Wurm och H&H makes me a lesser target in both Alpha and Beta recruiting =(

I do however got previous Alpha and Beta testing experience and know how to put time and energy in testing and sending feedback. There's always something special about helping smaller developers with smaller testing teams - it really feels like they need you, and you can help out a lot. I hope I can get a shot in the closed beta, because when it's open - it doesn't feel like you're that important anymore.
    Of course it's even more attractive helping out devs from Sweden =)
    Last edited by Mendozacheers; 13-09-2011 at 22:27.

Are you able to give a number in regards to how many people will be present in the alpha?

Private
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2500k club

H&H community or paradox community, do we just express an intrest in participateing to get a chance at an invite?

hnh and paradox i bet

Hi,

One of elder players of DL looking for Alpha/Beta access.

Cara

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Pirates of Black CoveEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Enslaved We Trust; Everyone, Everywhere, As One.
    I'm interested. Definitely.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Just going to follow the trend of "Here I am! Send me! Send me!" posts and leave a note here that I'm very much interested in possibly participating in alpha.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Guess I will too, so, I would very much like to have an opportunity to join the alpha as well, if you would be willing to invite me.
    Last edited by Chevalier12341; 17-09-2011 at 03:21.

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k club

Blog Entries
    Cheers,

GvD
    Might want to reconsider using that to sign anything if dealing with Dutch people.

It's good to see Paradox taking a longer-term view on development processes though.. Even if I'd prefer having my game sooner rather than later.
    Error in war on error on line 1.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast