• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also plan upon spamming Liquor distilleries because I think I'm so witty. :p

It helps that they're also decent money-makers.

As Selzro says, you need a thousand soldiers in a single POP. The bad news is that if your soldier POPs have grown uniformly since the last time you showed us them in 1836 then even the biggest will be under 500 soldiers. The good news is that when it does finally get over 1,000 then you'll probably be able to build two brigades at the same time.

Good luck, just a question: Did you change your Culture to Mexican or Native American central, instead of Yankee?

That's why I prefer to use imageshack.us. Haven't had a problem with them yet.

Chapter 5: Stuff!

DESAAR-6.jpg

El Presidente inches yet further to our first brigade. He suspects that 3 brigades are possible in the next few years. It seems like his planned Glorious Imperial Army of the Most Serene Presidential Dictatorship of Deseret (GIAMMSPD) will compose of mainly Native American troops. This is just as well, many of the natives in this area are well known for their combat prowess. At least, with sticks and rocks. Now give them a gun...

DESAAR2-5.jpg

An officer for the future GIAMMSPD has died, and yet another one rises to the title of leader. He is heroic, and says yes to everything. The troops under his command will, for some reason, forget all the experience they've earned in war. Not that it makes a big difference...

DESAAR3-6.jpg

Austria somehow is holding out, still with -2% warscore, is managing to make some of Prussia's underlings go bankrupt. Good for them.

Bad that we can't do anything about Frankfurt not paying their debts, though...

DESAAR4-6.jpg

The Great Powers list, a few years after the last one, shows some usual things happening. The Ottoman Empire and Spain, after centuries of decline, have at last fallen in status. Bavaria, awesomest state of El Presidente's homeland of Germany, is rank 7 among world powers. Two Sicilies, the wretched inheritors of the vestigial Roman Empire, have taken over Spain's role.

DESAAR5-6.jpg

North America in 1842. Deseret is in the Sphere of the mighty USA, and maintain good relations with their former masters in Mexico.

DESAAR6-6.jpg

Yay, we can now start refining our vast Iron income from the (best in the union) State of Nevada into Steel! ... With our single craftsman!

DESAAR7-6.jpg

Now, as per El Presidente's plans, Mormon capitalists shall devise a way to clean off the blackness from coal and make it shiny and squeaky.

DESAAR8-5.jpg

Yea, this is pretty self explanatory. Look at how productive we are. We're a powerhouse. We produce more than all of the US's factories combined!

I still can't figure out why Grain is our greatest export when our land is mostly only good for shrubs and cactuses...

DESAAR9-6.jpg

El Presidente jumps up an down like a busty schoolgirl when seeing this. He accepts wholeheartedly, Empirico de Mexico is now a good friend of the Mormon Dictatorship.

DESAAR10-6.jpg

Wait, we're in a sphere with the US as well! Let's raise relations and ally with them!

THEN LETS FORGET TO TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF US ALLYING THE UNITED STATES. EL PRESIDENTE RULES, ETC

DESAAR11-6.jpg

Stats of the USA. (taken before alliance)

DESAAR12-6.jpg

Stats of Empirico de Mexico.

DESAAR13-5.jpg

Explosives should improve mining efficiency, since that's what dynamite is for... but oh well...

DESAAR14-6.jpg

The budget of Deseret sinks ever so lower. El Presidente is getting depressed again.

DESAAR15-3.jpg

YES. ASSIMILATE THE NATIVES.

I know. Relatively boring update.

I think you might make a bit more money in the long run if you cut the tariff back a bit (to maybe 75%).

Prussia seem to be doing extremely well. I could never get much of an industry going with them in the beginning of the game.

>Bavaria, awesomest state of El Presidente's homeland of Germany

Wait when did the previous el presidente get replaced by the german guy?

Also

>assimilate the natives

So I noticed the soldier pops had somehow converted to protestantism despite there being no protestants in desert at game start

Are they assimilating as well?

I find it really fun playing as small nations, I'm currently playing as my home country, Ireland, though I live in Ulster, Northern Ireland which is a totally interdependent country to the Republic of Ireland, so i'm really glad to see that a game finally added Ulster, including Belfast. :D Anyway, it's 1846 and i'm already 9th in the world for industry, and 17 ranking, so just one away from being a Secondary Nation.

>Bavaria, awesomest state of El Presidente's homeland of Germany

Wait when did the previous el presidente get replaced by the german guy?

Also

>assimilate the natives

So I noticed the soldier pops had somehow converted to protestantism despite there being no protestants in desert at game start

Are they assimilating as well?

My family originates in Bavaria. And I'm El Presidente... :D

As for Protestant soldiers, I'm not really sure how to see if they are assimilating or not. I would guess they are, seeing as how they started out not as Protestant. Is Mormonism a religion in the game?

Last edited: