• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sigh*

It is a dramatic time of my life right now, abundant with fear, anger, and anxiety.
Expect way too many updates in the coming days. I'm not even sure they'll be as humourous anymore but... I need a distraction. :(

sigh*

It is a dramatic time of my life right now, abundant with fear, anger, and anxiety.
Expect way too many updates in the coming days. I'm not even sure they'll be as humourous anymore but... I need a distraction. :(

:( Stay strong buddy. Can't wait to see more of the mighty Deseret Empire!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, two good news things, and one question.
First, my life is back to relative normalcy and I'm content again. I thought I would need this AAR to distract but turns out other things worked just fine.
Second, I bought A House Divided.

So, question, will my AAR save be compatible? Or will I need to run Vanilla to continue the AAR? D:

Dunno, but I hope this AAR continues cuz it's hilarious. I love how the vast majority of Deseret-dwellers are now from Southeast Asia, but it doesn't matter because there were never any primary-culture Deseret-dwellers to begin with. Truly Mormons are a tolerant and inclusive people.

BAD NEWZ

So me and a fwend were playing a multiplayer gaem, right?
So we had some out-of-synch issues, right?
So he suggested I, the host, delete the map cache, right?
Turns out this doesn't work with Vic2 (it works with other paradox games) so as a forewarning - DON'T DO IT. You have to completely reinstall. If you back up the files, it won't work, if you just patch, it won't work.
As a result of this idiocy, I ended up keeping the MP save but this AAR's save slipped my mind and is now gone. Forever. Permanently.

I am sorry to say, but the Mormon Empire's adventures ended a little early.

Now would probably not be a good time to mention you have to edit the adjacencies.csv file to get the map to regenerate, right? (I had problems clearing the cache before learning that little trick...did a full reinstall too.)

Le Pix giveth, and Le Pix taketh away.

Awesome AAR while it lasted, and certainly impressive given the lack of primary pops.

Worry not, my minions, for I have another possible AAR in the works (it being the very MP game which caused the death of this one) and possibly more.
Now would probably not be a good time to mention you have to edit the adjacencies.csv file to get the map to regenerate, right? (I had problems clearing the cache before learning that little trick...did a full reinstall too.)

... RAWR

Last edited:
So here's some options for a future AAR. Vote pleaseumz.
- MP Game (Me as ZE GERMAAN EMPIUH and friend as a Fascist (or at least reactionary) United States. We plan to continue this game in HoI3, its mostly a Cold War right now between us. (it is 1900)
- Egypt
- Morocco
- Nicaragua
- Portugal
- Wallachia

CHOOSE my minions, CHOOOOOSE!...

I'd be tempted by Egypt. You need to civilise, but you've got a fairly decent state to do it with and Africa and the Middle East provide lots of nice opportunities for expansion that you wouldn't get with Nicaragua or Wallachia. Morocco could be fun, but the pressure from the European states is likely to be pretty intense.

Me votes 4 teh MP game. yOMG (typing on a German keyboard FTW) teh EPIC clash btwn teh USA and Germany haz never been seen b4... oh, wait.

No longer in my lousy imitation of Internet-speak... I like continuation games. Having a different start from vanilla makes stuff more fun.

I think you wouldn't be able to write in same sort of style as this AAR for a 20th century conflict involving Germans and Fascists. It would either be boring or shut down for trespassing on forbidden topics.

MP AARs really need all the players to write as well as play too.

So whichever of the others most appeals to you. Egypt or Nicaragua would likely be best.

Worry not, my minions, for I have another possible AAR in the works (it being the very MP game which caused the death of this one) and possibly more.

... F**K

can you keep the language within the bounds of what is acceptable on a family friendly forum ... ie edit the post in question, also can you give some idea when this 'voting' is going to finish?

I think you wouldn't be able to write in same sort of style as this AAR for a 20th century conflict involving Germans and Fascists. It would either be boring or shut down for trespassing on forbidden topics.

MP AARs really need all the players to write as well as play too.

So whichever of the others most appeals to you. Egypt or Nicaragua would likely be best.
It is the USA that is going Fascist, not me. I'm a super liberal Germany :p I still see your point though.

I personally find the MP game would be an interesting AAR, just me and the USA competing for global influence with colonies, foreign investments and spheres of influence while at the same time supplying each others enemies and such (like real life USA and USSR) though right now its less of a cold war and more of a war. (The Swedish Telephone War of 1909... )
Not sure how he would write, though...

Besides that I find Egypt and Morocco to be quite fun games to AAR. Egypt because of their potential, and Morocco because I'm maschoistic and don't mind having my ass handed to me repeatedly for a little while. I've never seen a Wallachia AAR before, and forming Romania seems like a challenge that I've always wanted to do... and always failed. Meh. And Nicaragua... would be much like Deseret was, I imagine, poor, backwards, but with great aspirations.

Of course my opinion differs perhaps slightly from you guys's's's, so thus we has a little votes.

can you keep the language within the bounds of what is acceptable on a family friendly forum ... ie edit the post in question, also can you give some idea when this 'voting' is going to finish?

I apologize... I realize I do tend to use some colorful vocabulary at times, and that this isn't exactly the place. I will edit.
I'd say the 'vote' ends say tomorrow or the next day after tomorrow, depending on how many people vote.