• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No definitive statement has been made either way, and I think the only one you can expect to get would be either an announcement of the next expansion (in which case bug reports are definitely still useful) or of EU4 (in which case yeah, they might not be all that useful).

I would say to continue to submit bug reports, because they are still taking submissions.
I would be surprised if they didn't make another patch. It would not be a major process like the first one, but rather a smaller, fine tuning patch.

My guess is that there will be one more. The horde mechanic is not realistic nor fun...two things Paradox strives for and does very well.

I would hope they would fix the bugged achievements if nothing else (e.g. Jihad, where you have to be Shi-ite not Sunni to get it), and the defeating a 6-6-6 general with no leader one.

I think the game is still too broken for them to not release another patch, them announcing new games is sickening while they are yet to fix their current ones

them announcing new games is sickening while they are yet to fix their current ones
Programmers need to eat, and fixing bugs doesn't generate revenue.

It depends on what is a patch. I am not trying to cause problems or start a long argument. I am simply trying to explain how I understand patches to work in the Paradox model.

Beta patches are apparently much cheaper for Paradox. Official final patches are apparently expensive. Paradox tried to explain this a very very very long time ago with out much success. Extra certification costs? I don't remember as it was long ago - maybe back in the eu2 time frame. I wish someone from Paradox would try to explain the difference again so people understand.

Consider HTT. The final patch had some major problems including a CTD with the ledger. Paradox has refused to issue another patch for HTT because I assume the expense.

If a new beta is issued - even with just simple text syntax corrections - then people will be demanding another final patch either to get the changes to work with achievements or because many with steam don't understand how to install a beta.

Too bad Paradox does not simply keep making betas while allowing the achievements to work with the betas. The people who have steam should either put pressure on steam to update for betas, or learn how to install them, or develop a patcher utility to help others who have steam install a beta.

Last edited:
I like achievements a lot, but I would much, much rather have constant beta patches without the achievements, and I suspect many would agree with me.

I like achievements a lot, but I would much, much rather have constant beta patches without the achievements, and I suspect many would agree with me.
I second this!

I couldn't care much less about the achievements. If anything it is superfluous and slows the game down. Beta patches to fix the game mechanics and add requested hard coded modifiers for modders is where the real customer service quality is at.

That may be but many people did in fact complain about not being able to use them in the 5.1 betas and I'm sure some used that as part of their justification for not using the beta patches. There are many fixes to the text files that will surely get released at some point (one way or another) but that wouldn't help achievements unless Paradox allows them to work with some non-official checksums. Also at least one achievement is broken in the exe and can't be fixed in the text files.

I expect that if Paradox doesn't announce a new expansion or sequel in the next few months they'll probably release another patch at some point. They MIGHT release another patch anyway just because of the achievement issues.

When 5.1 came out the amount of people complaining about not being able to get achievements seems to suggest people do care, but at any rate, it'd be great to get another patch as there's still some kinks that need ironing out.

As far as the new games being made, Sengoku was announced before 5.1 came out, ck2 was announced in 2010, so I don't see how either of these have anything to do with 5.1 or a potential 5.2

Will there be a 5.2 patch? I'm asking to know whether it's wothwhile to submit bug reports. If there's no more patches then there's no point.

The fact is, the more bug reports are filed, the higher the odds of them releasing a patch.

I agree. Keep those reports coming. What have you got to lose anyway? It's not like making a bug report is a very timeconsuming effort.

Paradox has refused to issue another patch for HTT because I assume the expense.

I would say you assume wrong. They won't release another patch for HT3 simply because it is no longer the most up-to-date version of the game.

To the OP, if people think like you and don't submit bug reports because they don't expect another patch, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy as PI will assume there are no remaining bugs to fix in a patch.

-Pat

The last patch for EU: Rome was released on 06-08-2010 and now Paradox is working on another one. That's over a year-long gap so don't be surprised if the next patch for EU3 comes out in late 2012.

I agree. Keep those reports coming. What have you got to lose anyway? It's not like making a bug report is a very timeconsuming effort.

Sometimes it is. It took me over an hour to put toegether a report on this simple, purely text-based issue.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?559323-Problems-with-Prussian-missions

It is a little strange none of the developers have not commented on these forums in forever. I am sure they spare a little time from their Japanophillic crusade to let us know they still care about us here at the EU3 forum.

I just will say once - every game developers has to watch what players says. Not like one or two players matter, but a big number of them saying they won't buy the game because something can ruin the buisness. Because so, they have to make new patches, aspecially for buggy games. Because if all players will "revolt" they may be unable to sell the game. So it is important to do watch if players are not resigning in such game. It is important to keep old players because they make free advertisement, and if they will say to others that the game is bad it may lead to bankrupcy (which i don't wish for paradox as your games are realy good - i wish you do as well as possible), and there are few known examples. So while official patches may be costfull those are needed because otherwise it may lead to loses of customers.

So i hope there will be new patch. And i hope when i get some cash to buy HttT and DW it will be up.