• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The last three or four games I played, the Hordes kind of behaved realistically. I.e were strong in the beginning but were all but gone by 1600.
But the province flipping stuff still isn't that good a solution, on both sides.
They need to be gone until 1475 historically. People like to fight Russia and Ottomans in 1500s like we did in HttT, not weak but extra large Bohemia-into-Siberia. :p

They need to be gone until 1475 historically. People like to fight Russia and Ottomans in 1500s like we did in HttT, not weak but extra large Bohemia-into-Siberia. :p
They are mostly a non-issue by that point, though. But I agree in the point that the mechanics are far from perfect.
Funnily enough, the GH got split up between the Ottos and Novgorod in my Poland (into Space) game right now. Really lucky I guess.

Hopefully now with the new game nearing completion, Paradox will be able to get back to fixing EU3 bugs and releasing a 5.2 patch ... and also fixing the metaserver as well.

looking how broken hordes is.. i have no doubts that there will be more patches.. or else im not playing eu3 anymore.. its not fun with how stupid that province fliping is...

That's not a bug report, but a bug analasys :). Thanks very much for the effort, it's well appriciated.

Nobody should think that anything like that is required in the bugforum though. A simple "this is broken" will do.
The analysis is indeed not required but it will likely get the bug fixed quicker. Paradox will probably not do an analysis like that at this point in the game's lifecycle and there are only a few volunteers like myself that might do it. (In the earliest public betas the scripting devs did spend quite a bit of time on such things.)

I would like another patch for EU3, but I wouldn't complain if Paradox decided not to make one. IMO the fact Paradox actually adds new content in their patches and attempts to fix minor bugs is a blessing. Many companies fix major crash bugs and move on to the next game. The devs need to eat, and I'd much rather have them make CK2 as bug-free and balanced on release as possible than work on a game that now only contains fairly minor bugs (well, except for the hordes, but that isn't a bug, it's a bad concept). Besides, things like the hordes and Japan can be fixed very nicely with mods.

Besides, things like the hordes and Japan can be fixed very nicely with mods.
The most common "fix" for the hordes seems to be to remove them (and sometimes to make the North American Indians hordes instead).

Basically, there's nothing wrong with the hordes, it's just something wrong with the Golden Horde. It is unbalanced and don't fall apart as it ought to. But with some balancing work to the area it works quite well and everyone behaves as they should. I've run a lot of tests and have found that, first, if you split the tartar culture in GH into crimean tartar, volga bulgarian and astrakhan tartar it goes a long way to make the GH break up. Second, if you give moscowy, novgorod, poland and lithuania a short term boost they will survive the first onslaught and be there to pick up the pieces of GH.

The most common "fix" for the hordes seems to be to remove them (and sometimes to make the North American Indians hordes instead).

I used to be one of those that thought Native American hordes were a good idea. That ended when I saw Huron seize all of Britain's North American colonies the instant they got a common border.

Yeah... i suppose because instant war. In IN GH is thorn in the paw of the russian bear because there is only 1 tatar culture, so small chance for it spliting into pieces like the timmies, and russian AI cannot handle them, and they do not annex the russian minors, so it leads to that they end up eaten by GH, who easily reforms goverment later, meaning no tribal, and death to all the living. Never saw succesfull Russian country without my help. As in DW hordes become even bigger and badder, there is no way for the russians to beat them down.

I will never cease to be amazed at the sense of entitlement gamers have.

Not sure where you get sense of entitlement from.

They brought a game, and it would be reasonable to expect it to work properly.

A comparison would be an automobile. If there is a defect in the transmission, the owner is not able to seriously use it, and will need it fixed for full utility. It would not be "sense of entitlement" to expect the manufacturer to fix the design problem, correct? That is quite a bit of $$$ in something not functioning as expected.

A comparison would be an automobile. If there is a defect in the transmission, the owner is not able to seriously use it, and will need it fixed for full utility. It would not be "sense of entitlement" to expect the manufacturer to fix the design problem, correct? That is quite a bit of $$$ in something not functioning as expected.

This is true, but for this to apply to what he quoted, it would be more of, the manufacturers quit making cars, till yours is fixed, which is where the sense of entitlement comes from I think.

So you didn't get that his message was 'drop everything you're doing until you fix MY problem'?

Either way, complaining about a game not getting enough attention from the devs, when that game is currently in version 5.1 is a bit... silly.

This is true, but for this to apply to what he quoted, it would be more of, the manufacturers quit making cars, till yours is fixed, which is where the sense of entitlement comes from I think.

It also comes from the fact that games do not cost as much as a car. For the quite small price that the gamers pay for the game they expect a similar treatement as when buing an object e.g. a car that is worth considerably more. You do not expect a filmmaker to make a new film if the one you bought a ticket for is shoddily done. The game functions properly as per what the Devs intent for it to do in, I'd say, over 95% of cases and the remaining problems are pretty small (although that's only my opinion) yet the complaints are as if the game was unplayable.