• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Feedback

CivandEUIII: I assume you mean the state in Laos? That used to be Lan Xang.

Dewirix: Venice is still holding on to spot #8. They have more than double the score of #9 Spain.

Industry scores (March 1850):

1. Mughalistan 5473
2. Czechoslovakia 1987
3. France 1704
4. Italy 1065
5. Austria 774
6. Lithuania 759
7. Venice 712
8. British Empire 668

The Great Powers are those in that order with Britain and Venice reversed.

Malurous: I love capitalists in this game :D

Shaybanid
Chapter 5

Idealism research is finished. I begin "Ideological Thought". There's a reason for this in that Ideological Thought is a prerequisite for Nationalism&Imperalism. When I get there I'll be able to annex uncivilised nations with <5 states.

Infamy is 7.22. It carried over from the previous games.

Militancy is rising (due to the fact many people want slavery abolished). I am angering them too due to prison events.

Liberalism is on the rise due to the slavery debate. I ruthlessly exploit them to gain the reforms I want. Muahahaha.

China is consuming the little Chinese countries. It already annexed the Muslim one.

In a war, finally!

Ethiopia = Funj

I'm marching my Somali brigades over to Funjiopia. It is a satellite of Egypt.

shay44.jpg

First battle of this small war. That's its entire army.

shay45.jpg

Expedition sent to Ponape in Micronesia.

Ideological Thought completed and State & Government begun to get to Nationalism and Imperialism, the next one down. Then I can annex big uncivs with abandon.

For little ones, though…

The provinces that are within the borders of 1836-start Egypt are all 30 liferating. Conquering this country allows me to colonise them.

Due to the way the warscore works, since Ethiopia is a satellite of Egypt, I have to go and occupy every single Egyptian province to cede this state in Sudan. Here I go then…

It's compounded by the Manchus not allowing me through Manchu Africa. So I have to go the long way around…

I continue to exploit my citizens' political leanings.

I will leave the update here in the midst of a small war as otherwise I'll never continue. Comments!

Viewcount: 2,563

"Conquer all of Egypt"

"Gain Ethiopia instead!"

:D Good job so far.

If China could civilise they could prove a threat. They should definitely have the military score to do it, and if they keep winning wars they'll have the prestige too. If they're beelining the necessary techs, they could be a GP within the decade.

Is there a reason you're not using your National Focus points?

maybe he's saving up for colonization? idk.
Great update.

Feedback

Prince of Savoy: That's how it works. Though you'll read some odd things with regard to this in the next update.

Dewirix: I've had multiple games where China (and even INDORE) meet all the requirements for civilising, except for one tech, and then they just ignore it.

CivandEUIII: Yes, I am saving them up for colonisation. I also think that a national focus on one province won't make a huge difference to RP due to the empire's huge population. So I just ignore it.

Regno: Good to have you along! ;)

Shaybanid
Chapter 5

I've sent some soldiers up from Mughal Mutapa to the continuing war with Egypt for Funj.

Czechoslovakia are also at war with them, and I have to hope they make peace before I get to the point where I'm occupying all their provinces bar one or two which are occupied by the Czechs.

Also enacted a reform. I seem to do one every year, when the upper house is rearranged.

Czechoslovakia finishes its war with Egypt demanding Palestine and the Nile Delta. Unfortunately for me Venice has jumped on the Egyptwagon.

I will have to make a tactical slow advance. To avoid Venice taking too few provinces to gain its demands - and hence never making peace.

Nationalism & Imperialism research begins. With this, minimum liberating will sink to 20, allowing me to colonise chunks of Africa and North America.

And I am leaving my national focus points alone for colonisation.

Czechoslovakia has intervened on the side of Egypt in the Venetian - Egyptian war. I assume the fact they haven't intervened against me yet is that they're frightened of the numbers of soldiers I have.

I'd like to see one of Czechoslovakia or Venice beaten down. That way Austria may be able to form Germany while Italy may be able to reincorporate Venice.

Seems the yearly reform is becoming standard. The last reform I grant will be the abolishment of slavery.

Some rebels appeared in Ethiopia and I sent down 3,000 men to sort them out. And failed.

Sending down 10,000 now…

Yearly reform granted with the Czechoslovak-Venetian and Mughal-Egyptian wars.

One reform too many?

I've sent in a cohort to do my best at dealing with the rebels.

Absolutely no idea where this offer came from. Took it, nevertheless, but still a bit confused. Maybe it is because I took their capital?

I use my newfound territory as a springboard to colonise some of Africa.

And just as I was signing this update off, World War 3 begins.

Time to stop.

Viewcount: 2,814

Nice, I like how you used that war to open new lands for colonization.

Heh, this world is full of fugly borders.:p

You seem to be doing fairly well in granting political reforms. How come you've got so many liberals in the Upper House?

Is the Czech-Austrian war one of these reclaiming converted cores affairs? They tend to make these conversions so much more conflict-prone than the post-Congress of Vienna start we get in vanilla.

WWIII?
This must be an alternate universe.

Feedback

Malurous: There is method to my madness ;)

Nikolai: Have you seen North American borders this game? (look at the end of the EU3 part)

Dewirix: While I was an absolute monarchy/PC I appointed the liberals (which increased support for them). Also a lot of people, ~13% of the populace, want slavery abolished, so they vote Liberal.

Czechoslovakia and Austria dispute Serbia and Slavonia, northern Croatia.

CivandEUIII: I reckon if I ever get around to buying HOI3 and converting it then, it'll get up to about WW7...

Last edited:
Shaybanid
Chapter 7

You know I was saying about WW3? Italy jumped on Austria and invited me to join. I happily obliged.

Italy declared war, as a GP, separately to Czechoslovakia. Hence Austria is in two wars.

Brigades:

Mughals 793
Italy 62

Austria 142
Lucca 8
Saxe-Meiningen: 6
Parma 5
Anhalt, Bremen, Hamburg, Holstein: 1 each

In other news, France declared war on Portugal and invaded Portuguese Australia. Russia is also at war with Portugal.

This, South Africa, is likely to be the main theatre of the Austrian - Mughal war. I have 42,000 soldiers up in Harare. Don't worry.

Other suitably invadable Austrian possessions include Austrian West Africa (Gabon, Cameroon, and southern Nigeria) and Austrian New Guinea.

Seems I underestimated the number of soldiers in Austrian South Africa. I still have my 42k stack in Harare, though.

And 39,000 in the Comoros. How useful.

Austrian soldiers begin to make headway in south Africa. I haven't yet engaged them.

First battle of the war. General Khan is rather a good general.

shay65.jpg

This year's reform is another one it the voting section.

shay66.jpg

More African battles. General Khan with the 40k stack is going to fight Austria's main battle doomstack under General von Holstein.

18,000 soldiers, mostly Uzbek in ethnicity, have been shipped over from Madagascar. No general is in command.

VICTORY IN AFRICA!

Both Austrian stacks pursued.

Main Austrian stack defeated. The smaller stack is still being pursued.

I've sent most of that 22k (formerly 40k) up to Zimbabwe to destroy some remnants; a small force is to reoccupy Mughal Transvaal.

And - somewhat early - World War 3 concludes. Italy were steamrolling Austria in Europe - and Czechoslovakia continue to do so - so much that they could have demanded Venice or Istria and got it from the Austrians. The Mughal empire weren't really much help in this war to them…

Anyway, the conclusion of a world war seems a good place to conclude an update.

Viewcount: 3,145

The Czechs hold a fair chunk of Europe and look rather competent to boot. I'd watch out for them in future.

Nice to see Italy doing so well, and Austria getting on the wrong side of a war.

Danzig? ORLY?

Feedback

Dewirix: There's nothing quite that satisfying. Destroying one of the most feared countries in EU3 - with one of the least powerful ;)

CivandEUIII: Danzig? Where?

Shaybanid
Chapter 8

Nationalism & Imperialism research complete, Alaska and parts of Siberia colonised.

Breech-loaded rifles research begun; I'm aiming to get to machine guns as soon as it hits 1870.

And the great war of 1853/4 concludes. I was tempted to try and invade their homeland then dismantle them, 1918-style.

I invade the Swahilionian islands.

I called my allies as a test of their loyalty (if they aren't willing to fight Swahili, will they fight Czechosloblobbia?)

Italy, Flanders and the Ottomans rejected me. Their chances of acceptance were "Very Likely" for all three.

Swahili has no armies at all, so I can just occupy every province with one brigade.

Zanzibar is Norwegian.

I don't think I need to write anything about the reform, but Italy has just declared war on Venice. Hopefully it'll be reabsorbed into Greater Italy…

My infamy is 18.6. I want to attack Tripoli (The Hansa) for their possession in Central Africa.

Annexed Swahili. I get bigger letters on the map.

Poking around some Portuguese possessions I found this little picture.

This is interesting. Seems the mappings leave something to be desired…

Also interesting - The two events seem to be precisely coincidental. However, Norway never occupied an Egyptian province.

I'll take this for now - but I do intend to invade them later for my cores in Moscow and Briansk. I suppose I could invade the Manchus first for Mongolia, though.

Research finished - next one in the same tree begun - and the reform.

WW4 may begin soon - France is at war with Austria. It just needs the Czechs or Italians to join in. I have a truce until 1859 and I assume they do too.

This is a lovely random event.

Unfortunately it is useless as I have a truce with Autsria and I don't intend to go around breaking them just yet.

I'll leave the update here. What is the opinion on a possible war with Manchu? They have 30 brigades and a nice collection of African provinces. I have a core on Mongolia and 17 infamy.

Yours,

Tamius

Viewcount: 3,413

CAN'T YOU SEE DANZIG?
Over there, in Lithuania!