• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well it was worth the wait, great update! :) You could say that there were casualties in that war.

::monocle pops out of eye:: A revolution? In Russia, you say?! How utterly absurd!

I'd love to know how you can manage an Empire which I will humbly concede is larger than mine was without going bonkers.

The Russian revolution was more or less on time, but unlike reality, this one worked. Of course, unlike reality this Russia's a lot smaller.

Good work on crushing the Chinese and for keeping a balanced budget while at war.

I love how the UK has Yemen, the French have Indochina and the Bretons are still independent with no ugly borders.

Feedback

Malurous: You could say that, yes. I thought of postponing the end of the war, just because I was fighting a million surrounded Chinese soldiers and winning, to see if I could surpass my previous record of +58.8% warscore.

Avindian: Yes, and since it happened in March, they called it the February Revolution. ;)

Running my empire is difficult at best. 4,000 brigades causes my computer to slow down, and I'm not sure I've even read the production screen this game at all (yay for LF). I have totally ignored the SoI mechanics (I ignore them unless I'm trying to become something) Every three months I click on the military tab, recruit every single guard regiment I can (ie. Uzbek/Tatar soldiers), then recruit the other soldiers as infantry. Then ninety days from then I have a big pause, and move all the new brigades to a meeting point, of which there are a few - namely Calcutta, Kuizhou, Saghalian Oula, Ulala, Talaya, Ufa, Lhasa, Bangalore, Jaisalmer, and a few in Africa. I have one brigade of Native Americans in Alaska (but forty in Okinawa :eek:) . Calcutta and Kuizhou provinces themselves have 480 brigades between them, roughly 1.4 million soldiers, all of them Uzbeks. I keep all my armies in 42k stacks.

And I see you changed your avatar. It makes you look fat I thought you were someone else.

Dewirix: The war budget was down to the tax efficiency techs I researched, because LF has a cap on taxes at 50%.

thekinguter: French Indochina was down to them inheriting Madagascar (aka Lan Xang) through their decision. A little bug with the converter, but at least they've kept decent and not made ugly borders in the region. They own Brunei and Johore too. And British Asia was ugly when I converted it, but Britain kindly chomped up the Yemeni rump state, on which they had no cores; then they started eating Persia.

Cpt_everos: Thank you!

Update will be in the next couple of days, depending on how quickly I can get the game to run. I really want to make it to 1936 to leave the option to convert it to HOI3 (when the converter's finished, and I buy the game and learn to play), but also, I want to put my next one to a vote.

I did change my avatar; I've stopped playing as Ukraine a long time ago, and I thought it was about time for a change.

I did change my avatar; I've stopped playing as Ukraine a long time ago, and I thought it was about time for a change.

I've kept my Pegu avatar even though my Pegu AAR was back in June. I'm sure if I changed it the werewolf forum would be in uproar.

Also, the rofl smiley has been brought back from the dead: :rofl:

Shaybanid
Chapter 23

Militancy actually rose above 50% (!) and I made this reform, which I temporarily revoked by event.

shay246.jpg

shay247.jpg

Rebellions are fun. These two were within a few months of each other, and I immediately got another one, Xibei San Ma (Qin, sunni Chinese country. My fault from EU3, I think.)

Elections. The Anarcho-Liberals win, because the Sultan says so. I love democracy.

Even more rebels! This time, communists, mostly localised to southern Africa.

Thank you, random events. There is only one thing I can do:

Declare war on the British empire. Their spherelet, Lithuania, joins in. They have eight brigades before mobilising.

It looks like there will be three theatres in the Ninth (!) World War:

Persia theatre

This is the gateway to British Asia, almost all of southern Persia and the Arabian peninsula. Lots of delicious warscore *chomp*.

Sakhalin theatre

My wargoal is for British Sakhalin as I promised myself I would get it. However, they have plonked their navy in the Tatar Straits, and my navy is just thirteen clipper transports -

(in Somalia)

- and as a consequence you can see me researching some naval techs.

Lithuania theatre

This happened already in 18something or other. Now, Lithuania has no standing army, only the conscripts they get from mobilisation.

This is precisely what I both want and need.

Grr… 0.1 warscore…

Both countries have Gas Attack, but neither have Gas Defence. Meaning that, oddly, it is better tactically to be attacking rather than defending.

The British have managed to capture Alaska by defeating the 6,000 native American soldiers there.

This is an important tech for me, and may push the balance of the war in my favour. Also, the patterns of occupation in Lithuania are what they are because the AI will build huge forts along the border, but not behind. I, on the other hand, just don't build any at all.

And suddenly - OH MY GOD AGGGHHH. *melts*

That's ~4 million rebels (compared to my ~12 million soldiers)

I picked out these two, from many similar to them over the last two gameplay week of rebel-slaying. It just makes you think -

"Did you kill all the rebels?"
"Yes, we did. And then we weren't sure they were dead, so we killed them again."
"I see…"
"And then we decided to kill them all again, twenty-three times."
"…"

… And the British finally capitulate. I didn't browse the forum with V2 running in the background on speed x5. That didn't happen.

Oddly enough, Sakhalin is chock-full of Anglo-Saxons and Arabs.

Stop that.

I'm going to move some soldiers out of Delhi. That way if a rebellion is strong enough, it can be captured (still sieging some anarcho-liberal held provinces in Siberia, or more accurately France is doing so for me)

These two fleets have been fighting for over a year.

Oddness of the week. Worst of all, they can't leave, because they will always arrive a a neighbouring province tomorrow. Unfortunately, tomorrow has this habit of moving forward at the rate of one day per day.

And with that, I give you the end of this chapter.

Viewcount: 9,800

Let the commies take power......
please? :p

A lot of strange stuff going on. That "killed 23 times" thing reminds me of CK where killing the enemy army and a hundred other people for good measure is the norm. :D

Good job, solid win against the British despite the rebel trouble. At least you got those rebellious people out of the way. ;)

A lot of strange stuff going on. That "killed 23 times" thing reminds me of CK where killing the enemy army and a hundred other people for good measure is the norm. :D

Good job, solid win against the British despite the rebel trouble. At least you got those rebellious people out of the way. ;)

Ah yes, the memories:

OK, now I'll just siege this fort and-
Sir, we are under attack!
100 soldiers against my 3000? Ha! It'll be an easy task.
2 days later.
Sir, we are victorious, we have killed two of the enemies soldiers!
OK, now I'll just siege this fort-

Repeat x∞

And wow, I can't believe it's 1917 already.

Hmm, so if WW9 started in 1915, you're eight World Wars ahead of history :rofl:

Feedback

Malurous, esemesas: I'm still a relative newbie to CK :)oo), but I have seen that before.

Malurous: Rebels? You haven't seen the next chapter!

esemesas: There haven't been any world wars for quite a while now. None for ~20 years.

Gorluck: In the next chapter there's something even nuttier. Have a look!

Shaybanid
Chapter 24

That's the smallest country I have seen westernise.

Let me explain something. I don't need to train any more soldiers, because firstly, the more I have, the more the game slows down, and secondly, I have colossal amounts of troops anyway. As a consequence:

shay266.jpg

shay267.jpg

That puts my military spending down substantially. By the way, the number of brigades up in the military tab is 4410/5795. And I'm not prepared to click "Uzbek Guard" 1,400 times.

This gives me an excuse for a war, but I'm unlikely to take it.

Also, two small nationalist rebellions in China in '27.

Now this did look like a nice idea… but Norway and I have good relations, so I won't attack them. Besides, with more than half a billion people, it isn't like I need any more.

But very shortly afterwards, this happens. Unwilling to fight two-and-a-half-million communists, I'm going to leave them alone in Delhi. And then watch as my computer slowly turns into a silicon puddle.

Then, more rebels. More reactionaries than communists. Wonderful.

Delhi is occupied now. Also notice the number of brigades I have has been reduced by half.

There are still 13 million fascists, 18 million reactionaries, and 13 million anarcho-liberals waiting to rebel. Eurgh.

Here's some more rebels. I was expecting them. 2 million, almost exactly.

Seems 1927/8 will go down as a momentous year or two in Shaybanid history.

Continuing the rebel oddities from the last chapter, here all the rebels are killed and them some more for good measure - but Mughal forces lose.

And then it is all upon us. The 177,000 remaining communists return to their jobs and the Shaybanid People's Republic is formed. Also, celebratory avatar change.

☭☭

[video=youtube;ju57B4EetnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju57B4EetnQ[/video]

Sharaf_Rashidovich_Rashidov_bio.JPG

*bzzt*

This AAR is hereby ruled by Murad Bahadur, the Supreme Leader of the Shaybanid People's Republic. Long live Bahadur!

All hail! Long live the Revolution!

Viewcount: 10,696

Everything under control here I see. :D

That's one strange anthem.

It's a shame you won't be Communist for long; did you intentionally let them win, BTW?

Wow, those really were too many rebels to handle! Hopefully now the glorious Shaybanid people's republic will take the revolution westward into Europe, just like Genghis Khan and his horde entered europe 600 years ago? A glorious return in deed!