• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any way I can listen to the soundtrack outside of the game?

They are mp3s in the music folder where you installed the game. Related question, if I add music to the folder will game automatically play them and if not how it can be done ?
Thanks

They are mp3s in the music folder where you installed the game. Related question, if I add music to the folder will game automatically play them and if not how it can be done ?
Thanks

I've just tried it and yes, the game will play any .mp3 you put into the music folder, you can even divide between calm and battle music. I'm not sure if it will play it in random order or in sequence though.

Is playing a minor lord (count) any fun?

I can remember in CK, only a few counts had any short term prospects, while with others you had to crank up the speed to wait out your chance, which could get boring fast.

So I've never played a Paradox game, but after trying out the demo I'll most likely be picking up Sengoku two months from now when I finally have a day off.:wacko: I do have a couple of questions stemming from the demo.

1)When right clicking on a character one of the icons says "toggle message interest". What does that do? Does that mean I will receive messages about that character if toggled on?
2)Concerning the relationships icon on the mini-map. The tool tip mentions 3 colors: red, brown, and green. So what kind of relationships are represented by blue and purple?
3)When I send my masters out to sow dissent or improve relationships where can I find an approximate return date for them?
4)Will there be hard copies available in American retail outlets?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated and have a nice day.

Thanks Hamann, i have few cds of awesome Japanese taiko drumming that i will try and see how they fit with the game's soundtrack. Should be great :)

So I've never played a Paradox game, but after trying out the demo I'll most likely be picking up Sengoku two months from now when I finally have a day off.:wacko: I do have a couple of questions stemming from the demo.

Welcome to the forum :)

1)When right clicking on a character one of the icons says "toggle message interest". What does that do? Does that mean I will receive messages about that character if toggled on?

Yes. There are some message settings you can calibrate in order to single out who you want messages about.

3)When I send my masters out to sow dissent or improve relationships where can I find an approximate return date for them?

No. The can get events that either fulfill their mission or features a mishap of some sort. These events will trigger more often/seldom based on the advisor's stats but you will never know exact when they will trigger.

Is playing a minor lord (count) any fun?

I can remember in CK, only a few counts had any short term prospects, while with others you had to crank up the speed to wait out your chance, which could get boring fast.

If you for instance play a kokujin (count) within a clan that is at war, you can use your personal retinue to capture provinces. As soon as you win the siege the province is your. So while not "easy" to expand, it is far from impossible. You can advance to become daimyo be either capturing all provinces within a kuni (historical province connected to a daimyo title) or petitioning your liege to give you such a title.

What do the colors mean in the Demesne map? Obviously bright green is the selected character's land holdings, but if he has vassals, what does red brown and dark green mean?

Can't upgrade Castle and Village at the same time in the same kori? I looked for this in the manual but couldn't find anything about it. I've started upgrading the village and see the progress bar but now I cannot upgrade my Castle in that kori. I've tried both from the Province view and from the Court view.

How do you get marriages effectively without getting bored?

I don't try to be maximalist. I try to meet a certain aim when arranging a marriage - relation boost with a powerful neighbour, a young bride for MOAR children, or a statzilla. There may be a special someone that fulfils all the criteria, but if one is bored by searching for it, there is no real need for it.

Can't upgrade Castle and Village at the same time in the same kori? I looked for this in the manual but couldn't find anything about it. I've started upgrading the village and see the progress bar but now I cannot upgrade my Castle in that kori. I've tried both from the Province view and from the Court view.
No you can't upgrade them both at the same time

how to get/give daimyo title?
To get it you as clan leader must have all of the koris in the kuni (this includes if the koris are vassals). As a minor daimyo or kokujin you have to hold all of the provinces personally (or if a daimyo, your vassals hold them). If you want to give it out to your vassals in the give landed title screen there are categories for all of the titles, these are the daimyo titles for provinces, with the koris listed below them. Click on the kuni name to give that title away.

Tnx, also are there any prerequisites on who can i give a province? I have 3 sons, all under 15 years of age but for some reason only one has a grant landed title grayed out. Tooltip says I gotta have a landed title which he can receive but I have 5 provinces.

Last edited:
Can someone explain how to arrange marriages exactly? I choose another clan leader, go to diplomacy window, offer marriage, then try to change portraits to marry off my son to one of his daughters. I see portraits of daughters but when I clik I can't choose them, despite they're adult, not cousins ect. There is no toolip or other explanation why I can't marry them to my son. But hey, I may clik and choose a portrait of a male clan leader himself... WTF? If I want to arrange marriage for my son why do I even see male characters in window with possible candidates for marriage?

Also, when opening window with supposedly eligible spouses, when I try to know a bit more about them and clik "?" mark, I go to character's window, but then I can't go back to spouses rooster. I have to repeat all procedure of choosing a character, opening negotiations ect. And some were moaning about CK1 UI. It was brillant!

Tnx, also are there any prerequisites on who can i give a province? I have 3 sons, all under 15 years of age but for some reason only one has a grant landed title grayed out. Tooltip says I gotta have a landed title which he can receive but I have 5 provinces.

I think the child has to be 10 to be given his own province.

Is there a hotkey for Screenshots that will send an image to the Screenshots folder under the main game folder? What is it?

F11 seems to say Screenshot taken but it doesn't actually put the image anywhere that I can find it. Where does it go?

Oddly my save games folder is also empty - where are they saved???

Found them here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?559637-Saved-Files-Screenshots-Where

If you're a Windows 7 fella and have the game installed in the program files directory it's probably directing the data elsewhere, go check your user data or suchlike.