• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blastaz

Field Marshal
168 Badges
Nov 19, 2003
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Magicka 2
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
In the spirit of the EU3 thread, and to stop the forum becoming flooded with new threads as everyone tries to learn the game, lets try to use this thread to keep the questions in one place. I'll start it off:

Below which level do I get the low honour opinon penalty with my vassals?

How do I refill my Court? I've run out of people in my course so if one of my Masters dies I'll have no one to fill the post. Is the only way to have babies!??! Can't I tap people from my other Daimyo's coursts?

How do I refill my Court? I've run out of people in my course so if one of my Masters dies I'll have no one to fill the post. Is the only way to have babies!??! Can't I tap people from my other Daimyo's coursts?

In CK you needed to save/reload when you started a game as that auto filled up every court to a sensible level. Other than that random characters will just appear over time. And people would leave one court to join others if they fell out with their leige or the court was destroyed. Assume all of that is still vaguely true.

You can also recruit ronin and give them court positions or landed titles.

So about improving provinces, is it like each tile is like a lvl of upgrade, I can't choose which upgrade to build it just goes one after another???

Castle and village buildings just go one after another in a set order it seems. You can choose what ind of guild buildings to build, also temples.

So about improving provinces, is it like each tile is like a lvl of upgrade, I can't choose which upgrade to build it just goes one after another???

If you're talking about the castle and village buildings, yes they are linear upgradings. With temples and manufactories your have more of a choice what to build.

People can travel to new courts, but you cannot influence it. You need to balance handing out land to new courtiers vs existing vassals so you cannot just give every new province to a new Kukojin and never worry about powerful vassals :)

Are all provinces worth the same amount of tax/troops (10?/750?) before buildings are taken into account? I couldn't specifically see a manpower/base tax value.

Are all provinces worth the same amount of tax/troops (10?/750?) before buildings are taken into account? I couldn't specifically see a manpower/base tax value.

Yes. And with a few exception thrown in for historical or gamebalancing reasons, all provinces start without any buildings.

The give two duke titles to your heir to get him elected trick from CK still seems to work.

With that in mind and as you seem to get no honour bonus from having Daimyos as vassals, is there any point to ever handing out a Daimyo title to anyone other than your chosen heir?

The give two duke titles to your heir to get him elected trick from CK still seems to work.

With that in mind and as you seem to get no honour bonus from having Daimyos as vassals, is there any point to ever handing out a Daimyo title to anyone other than your chosen heir?

Since your direct vassals vote, you can manage the number of voters by having your friends as Daimyo's instead of having a bunch of direct smaller vassals.

My siege has been stuck at 8% for a couple years, despite having an army larger than the (pretty large - level 4 I think) castle I am besieging. Is this a bug, or just going really slowly? I have about 5000 men, they have 3250 or so in the garrison at the start - don't remember exactly because I tried a foolish assault.