+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions Quick Answers

54 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Quick Questions Quick Answers

In the spirit of the EU3 thread, and to stop the forum becoming flooded with new threads as everyone tries to learn the game, lets try to use this thread to keep the questions in one place. I'll start it off:

Below which level do I get the low honour opinon penalty with my vassals?
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Blastaz View Post
    Below which level do I get the low honour opinon penalty with my vassals?
    I think its 25.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How do I refill my Court? I've run out of people in my course so if one of my Masters dies I'll have no one to fill the post. Is the only way to have babies!??! Can't I tap people from my other Daimyo's coursts?

54 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by oddible View Post
    How do I refill my Court? I've run out of people in my course so if one of my Masters dies I'll have no one to fill the post. Is the only way to have babies!??! Can't I tap people from my other Daimyo's coursts?
    In CK you needed to save/reload when you started a game as that auto filled up every court to a sensible level. Other than that random characters will just appear over time. And people would leave one court to join others if they fell out with their leige or the court was destroyed. Assume all of that is still vaguely true.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

How do I work plots, always "they will not accept."

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    ImpireMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Jak9090 View Post
    How do I work plots, always "they will not accept."
    I have found it is linked to the targets opinion of me, and also the targets opinion of who the plot is against. Try sending gifts, offering marriages or using your Master of the Guard to Sow Dissent.

und Recht und Freiheit Einigkeit's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 BetaRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

You can also recruit ronin and give them court positions or landed titles.

Is it possible to get the demo into windowed mode

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by kingofparades View Post
    Is it possible to get the demo into windowed mode
    Yes. Open settings.txt in the Sengoku folder and change "fullScreen=yes" to "fullScreen=no".

So about improving provinces, is it like each tile is like a lvl of upgrade, I can't choose which upgrade to build it just goes one after another???

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Kambe View Post
    So about improving provinces, is it like each tile is like a lvl of upgrade, I can't choose which upgrade to build it just goes one after another???
    Castle and village buildings just go one after another in a set order it seems. You can choose what ind of guild buildings to build, also temples.

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by Kambe View Post
    If you're talking about the castle and village buildings, yes they are linear upgradings. With temples and manufactories your have more of a choice what to build.
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

People can travel to new courts, but you cannot influence it. You need to balance handing out land to new courtiers vs existing vassals so you cannot just give every new province to a new Kukojin and never worry about powerful vassals
    Relentless madman.

54 games registered

Are all provinces worth the same amount of tax/troops (10?/750?) before buildings are taken into account? I couldn't specifically see a manpower/base tax value.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

Are all provinces worth the same amount of tax/troops (10?/750?) before buildings are taken into account? I couldn't specifically see a manpower/base tax value.
    Yes. And with a few exception thrown in for historical or gamebalancing reasons, all provinces start without any buildings.
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

54 games registered

The give two duke titles to your heir to get him elected trick from CK still seems to work.

With that in mind and as you seem to get no honour bonus from having Daimyos as vassals, is there any point to ever handing out a Daimyo title to anyone other than your chosen heir?
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

Project Lead EU4 Paradox Dev Team Besuchov's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Galactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIILost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

The give two duke titles to your heir to get him elected trick from CK still seems to work.

With that in mind and as you seem to get no honour bonus from having Daimyos as vassals, is there any point to ever handing out a Daimyo title to anyone other than your chosen heir?
    Since your direct vassals vote, you can manage the number of voters by having your friends as Daimyo's instead of having a bunch of direct smaller vassals.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Is there anyway of transfering my vassals to one of my Daimyos?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor987 View Post
    Is there anyway of transfering my vassals to one of my Daimyos?
    I don't think so. Your Daimyos pick their own vassals, and yours stay with you.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My siege has been stuck at 8% for a couple years, despite having an army larger than the (pretty large - level 4 I think) castle I am besieging. Is this a bug, or just going really slowly? I have about 5000 men, they have 3250 or so in the garrison at the start - don't remember exactly because I tried a foolish assault.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast