• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yep. I'll even pay that I wasn't particularly well hidden with that whole Tornadoli thing. But nobody was paying attention by then.

I sometimes wonder if being closer to the action by being in makes it harder to see the wood for the trees. Here I think it was just good old fashioned village fail, though.

It's been a few days but IIRC, my reason for hunting snoop were that both he and drxav were actually doing something, compared to the rest. So they were threats, and drxav seemed the lesser of the two.

I *know* that bad analysis is actually better for the wolves than no analysis, heck, drxav proved that many times in this very game. Honestly, man, you put in so much more work than others yet you got it wrong every single time. It was a sight to see from my position.

But the fact is, I assume that anyone making the effort will eventually get it right, so yeah, I hunt valuable villagers. Any wolf not doing that isn't playing the game.

I *know* that bad analysis is actually better for the wolves than no analysis, heck, drxav proved that many times in this very game. Honestly, man, you put in so much more work than others yet you got it wrong every single time. It was a sight to see from my position.

What do you mean analysis? Have you seen alanysis in this game? Have you? Cause I haven't. What I did wasn't analysing, it was just hard guessing and testing the resistance of the players. There's no room for analysis when you got 2 days of voting and a bunch of comments.

I did not analyse in this game, I just put to test people and see how they reacted. The real problem was: people not putting effort into it, people doing and saying stupid things and not acting in consequence.

I was pretty sure Tornadoli was a villager, I even thought he was the seer. He asks for my help and promises a scan, then he just ignores me? I sent him 2 or 3 PMs, told him about it in the thread, but he didn't answer. That's bad play and when you play bad, I do my best to get you lynched.

Why was Reis lynched? Because he plays badly, he does his best to look suspicious so the wolves don't hunt him, that's what he does, he even told me a long time ago. Well, you know what, I'd rather have a villager that plays like that dead.

Why was Althacor lynched? He didn't put up enough efforts to defend himself. I just tested him and he gives up after 1 post.

This is a game of deception and information. You have to be tactical. If you play the game to just sit on your arse, wait for the JL to form and just count on being lucky that the seer won't die and he'll scan the wolves for you, then go play somewhere else. You have to go fishing, you have to send PMs, you have to put people to a test.

80% of my play is invisible in the thread as I send PMs and use google chat. The visible part is me fishing for information. As long as I won't get contradiction and counter-analysis, people will die.

You realize we will quote those arguments next game when we lynch you Day 1. Because they fit you like a glove.

I was pretty sure Tornadoli was a villager, I even thought he was the seer. He asks for my help and promises a scan, then he just ignores me? I sent him 2 or 3 PMs, told him about it in the thread, but he didn't answer. That's bad play and when you play bad, I do my best to get you lynched.

Actually, it's not. It's called insurance. If by any chance you were a wolf, you would be scared to hunt him.

Why was Reis lynched? Because he plays badly, he does his best to look suspicious so the wolves don't hunt him, that's what he does, he even told me a long time ago. Well, you know what, I'd rather have a villager that plays like that dead.

Blatant Meta-gaming, and with fake motives. I never said I did my best, I said that sometimes it was advantageous to look suspicious. But still, drxav thinks I'm the only one doing that, when it's a common veteran tactic to not get hunted. Plus, as I said, you'd have to kill yourself for coherence.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks Najs for GMing...

Okay, so I'll take my part of the blame - I wasn't nearly as active as I could be. That's why I'm limiting myself to 1WW game.

Actually, it's not. It's called insurance. If by any chance you were a wolf, you would be scared to hunt him.

Yeah, I'd be scared because there could be a GA or a doctor, or he could be SA, or even a hunter... WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU FRICKING TALKING ABOUT????????? I TOLD HIM IN A PM I THOUGHT HE WAS THE SEER, I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT IF I HAD BEEN A WOLF, I'D HAVE JUST HUNTED HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

But still, drxav thinks I'm the only one doing that, when it's a common veteran tactic to not get hunted.

When did you achieve veteran status?

Plus, as I said, you'd have to kill yourself for coherence.

Oh and Vainglory:

images
images
australia-ireland_1667079c.jpg

5643505.jpg

What do you mean analysis? Have you seen alanysis in this game? Have you? Cause I haven't. What I did wasn't analysing, it was just hard guessing and testing the resistance of the players. There's no room for analysis when you got 2 days of voting and a bunch of comments.

I did not analyse in this game, I just put to test people and see how they reacted. The real problem was: people not putting effort into it, people doing and saying stupid things and not acting in consequence.

Why was Althacor lynched? He didn't put up enough efforts to defend himself. I just tested him and he gives up after 1 post.

This is a game of deception and information. You have to be tactical. If you play the game to just sit on your arse, wait for the JL to form and just count on being lucky that the seer won't die and he'll scan the wolves for you, then go play somewhere else. You have to go fishing, you have to send PMs, you have to put people to a test.

80% of my play is invisible in the thread as I send PMs and use google chat. The visible part is me fishing for information. As long as I won't get contradiction and counter-analysis, people will die.

I have to agree, especially when it comes to villagers helping the wolves to save themselves. Although there was enough to go on when Falc betrayed Malurous to do better than you did, to be fair.

Oh and Vainglory:

*snip*

:D

Although I don't believe Vainglory follows rugby.

I have to agree, especially when it comes to villagers helping the wolves to save themselves. Although there was enough to go on when Falc betrayed Malurous to do better than you did, to be fair.

To be honest I really stopped paying attention to the game at that point. I was pretty upset at Tornadoli for his failure and I pretty much knew he wasn't a baddie anyways. Everybody was shouting wolf, and I didn't give Falc credit telling us Malurous is a wolf. He wasn't in his pack anyways so I figured he wasn't giving us his packmate's name. That could've been a wild guess. Morevover Malurous was playing the game while the others just posted to vote once a day. There isn't much you can do but go blindly, there's no data, there's no debate.

Really when the brown stains went for a tie and we had 4 villagers dead in one night this game was as good as over. This few villagers with such a high dying rate is just ridiculous and unplayable. Add to that the idiocity of said villagers and you're left with a pretty much meaningless game concept on your hands.

Although I don't believe Vainglory follows rugby.

Yeah I don't: in Australia we have Aussie rules and Rugby states. New South Wales and Queensland are Rugby states (they account for 32% and 20% of Australia's population) while Victoria (25%) is the heartland of Australian Rules; Tasmania, South Australia, and Western Australia are AFL states too, although rugby has a bit more of a following in WA.

I think the soccer world cup actually gets more attention in Oz than the rugby one, but maybe that's because I'm a Victorian. And I don't follow AFL either (I was once called "The only Victorian who doesn't follow football") though. Only thing that has ever interested me is American football (cue exclamations of horror).

Supposedly AFL is the bane of Australia's international competitions, because it's a domestic league that sucks up all the talent but there's no corresponding international competition. I couldn't care less though.

It's been a few days but IIRC, my reason for hunting snoop were that both he and drxav were actually doing something, compared to the rest. So they were threats, and drxav seemed the lesser of the two.

But the fact is, I assume that anyone making the effort will eventually get it right, so yeah, I hunt valuable villagers. Any wolf not doing that isn't playing the game.

X​

Tanks for playing..