• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EDIT: also, it was rather hard trying to convince anyone to join my plots, what exactly do i need for them to join? a good relations with the character i'm trying to convince? or what?

Good relation with you, bad relation with his clan leader(if he is a vassal). You can use the master of ceremonies to improve relations and the master of guard to sow dissent on the same guy for greater effect. Also Having marriges and sending gifts help.

It should be available on Steam during the end of next week as far as I know. And I must say that it reflects good on this game that you chose this question as your first post on the forum after being a member for nine years (!) :)

Haha! Actually, I registered long time ago... And I posted in the Spanish forums, however they didn't count as others have said. Also, I had an issue last year linking the forums account with the FB Connect feature, and some things had to be reseted.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Looking forward this game.

Regards,

though, i found some things to be somewhat confusing, originally, my character didn't have a son, so his heir was another ouchi clan member, when i did have a son, i ofcourse made my son my heir, he got pissed, i tried to send my master of ceremonies over to him to increase relations, but i didn't notice anything, so i pulled him back. tried to sow dissent too, but didn't notice anything, was i just impatient or is there something wrong with these two actions?

Both those missions allow for events to fire that decrease or increase relations, it's not instant.

*sings* Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Thanks! Now I can spend the rest of the weekend practicing!

Brilliant demo. Awesome music. :) (Camera seems a bit wonky though)

Totally agree, both on the music and on the camera issue. Zooming on cursor doesn't work either. Also, I would make hostage exchange proposals as pop-ups by default, they seem important diplomatic issues which you can miss otherwise.
The music provides an awesome feel to the game, but I think it still lacks some of the atmosphere a game so specific should have. I'd love to see a blooming cherry tree somewhere :)

Here's a link to the manual: http://wizzywizzyweb.gmgcdn.com/media/products/sengoku/manual/sengoku_manual.pdf

I'll give the game some more time before I buy it I think... needs a little more refinement. But it's a great game, simplifying some aspects and expanding on others. I'll give the demo another go this evening.

Last edited:
The demo is fun. :) The camera does need some refining but the game has real potential.

I swore I'd never preorder another game but I love Japanese history. :p

Yeah, the scrolling up and down is way too fast and while it's not quite a straight up and down, it doesn't track to the mouse cursor either.

I'm sure it'll be patched. :p

Also, yeah, gotta agree with the demo being a motivator for getting it NAO as opposed to later down the line when it's discounted. Ahh, demos...

I tried the demo and had absolutely no idea what was going on. I have played EU3 and V2 and was looking forward to this but it just seems too complex. I mean, who am i at war with? who am i allied with? why when i click on diplomacy does it says War:hosokawa War:ashikaga War:tokugawa what does that mean? It was just overwhelming and i could not get into, maybe i will give it another go later.

Very un-user friendly for me.

I tried the demo and had absolutely no idea what was going on. I have played EU3 and V2 and was looking forward to this but it just seems too complex. I mean, who am i at war with? who am i allied with? why when i click on diplomacy does it says War:hosokawa War:ashikaga War:tokugawa what does that mean? It was just overwhelming and i could not get into, maybe i will give it another go later.

Well... that means that you are at war with Hosokawa, Ashikaga and Tokugawa, which are three of the clans in the game.

Very un-user friendly for me.

I have to agree with you. The interface is very confusing sometimes, and it doesn't give you the information or the actions you need right away, but instead you have to remember names, close some window, go to another window... It lacks the finesse of veteran Paradox games, that's for sure. I really hope they improve the interface because I'm planning on buying it.

Aside from the usual not-being-able-to-save, and the fact it wont get updates, what are the restrictions of this demo compared to the final product?

Thx!

I have to agree with you. The interface is very confusing sometimes, and it doesn't give you the information or the actions you need right away, but instead you have to remember names, close some window, go to another window... It lacks the finesse of veteran Paradox games, that's for sure. I really hope they improve the interface because I'm planning on buying it.

Thats all i meant, not trying to insult the game, its just with EU3/V2 there was a steep learning curve, but that was in learning how to play the actual game, the menus were always clear and it was easy to understand what was going on. With this, so far, it feels like i need to take a course on the menus before i can even get into the "game"

Downloading.. So very slowly..

79 KB/sec, are you kidding me? Why host on file planet? Only time they off decent DL speed is when its 4am USE.

~Gonna download like its 1999~

Last edited: