• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You're such a tease! Absolutely have to have 'em.

As for improving my French, I'm starting from such a low baseline that eating a baguette would improve my French. One does eat baguettes, right?

As for improving my French, I'm starting from such a low baseline that eating a baguette would improve my French. One does eat baguettes, right?
Well, eating more than one baguette at the same time can prove to be somewhat of a challenge. :) But yes, you can eat them, it's French bread.

Epaminondas said:

Windmolen said:
Great stuff bestmajor, a big thank you for allyour efforts!

Titan79 said:
OMG this is amazingly incredible stuff! Congratulations, best!!!

Hister said:
Oh great! From colouring persons to colouring ills!

thanks all, much appreciated! :) - just i just found most, only painted 3 or 4 myself ;).

Simply stunning! ...and don't try to hide yourself: even if you've made only a part of them, just the time you spent to search for all these wonderful images makes your work superb!

note surcouf class sub at bottom http://i46.tinypic.com/20b1qid.jpg
He he, the Surcouf... I had to hunt it down, too, when making an icon for the French heavy subs.

I guess you had to find pictures also for the American V-Boats, Japanese Type-A and I-400 classes, British River class and so on...?

no, i dont hunt down everything. i just thought i make those which i have anyway. subs are easy as there is blue above the sub, blue below the sub and the sub itself is grey. case closed.

as for I-400 theres a good painting here: http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/irootoko_jr/imgs/f/0/f0b50deb.jpg
which i liked like the surcouf (simply because its so fat :D).
as for the others i dont care much, i just make what i think looks cool. no intention to complete things. Art pour l'art, if you want Ti.., errm breast, i mean :rofl: (as this one is a family friendly forum lol).

you really didnt realize? lol!

anyway a new preview (i know you guys prefer B&W yet still it might be fun looking at it):

anyway a new preview (i know you guys prefer B&W yet still it might be fun looking at it):
[image]
Well, actually these pics are starting to shake my beliefs. Maybe I won't use the coloured leaders - not yet - but I might definitely try your unit illustrations.

How's the general progress of it - how much do you still need to complete?

One of the reasons I like them sooo much is because I think they complement the coloured leader pics so well. The leader colouring isn't deeply toned but provides very strong images. Rather than competing with them, then, the washed back effect on these should add a kind of background ambience to the graphic set as a whole. I can't wait to get my hands on them.