• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Titan said:
Hm, maybe. But a solution like the one used in the Tripartite Pack could do as well, IMHO (installing country-specific packs for the nation you're going to play). A bit "cruder" way but it does work indeed .

sure, but to take your quote from the TPP thread:

That's true for me as well, best - it's just that I can't blame people who don't want to spend too much time in order to make their "own" mod by picking out things they like the most.

sure, but to take your quote from the TPP thread:
«That's true for me as well, best - it's just that I can't blame people who don't want to spend too much time in order to make their "own" mod by picking out things they like the most.»
Touché ;)

Well, to partly recover from that :D , let's say that I'd better see the devs focus on more hardcoded things which we can't find a workaround for. ;)

:D

true.

DID I MENTION THAT I WOULD SPEND MONEY FOR AN ADDON?!

(damn, wheres that stupid "like" button which people tend to add nowadays always and everywhere ?) :angry:

Titan said:
I'm awfully serious, though...

me too! (or merge DH and AoD)

€20. who bets more?

well, to late for me now,
see you

Yeah, a well-polished AoD expansion which adds some more features and gets rid of the (few) last problems the game has would be the icing on the cake.

Going to sleep as well. We'll go on tomorrow with the discussion about those very well-to-be-spent 20 € ;) (let's hope soon!)

Hister said:
How much time does it take you to recolour each person?

that really depends. from 3 minutes to 25 minutes i would say.

a civilian without a uniform, without glasses and without many buttons on his jacket is very easy (even more if the source picture is good).

if you have eg a complicated uniform with many different colours (eg the german one) + the officer wears glasses + a beard + bad quality of pic that can take up to 30 minutes.
many different items and materials/colours need their time. but it all looks far more complicated than it actually is, i was very surprised when i found out.

I have 3 installations of AoD: CORE/TRI, IC and DH. The time and devotion you spent on these is outstanding. I am just a little bit hesitant with installation. I did do the "skins" for SOV, and even that adds so much. So any guidance would be appreciated. Either way, congrats on a great effort.

rosseau said:
I have 3 installations of AoD: CORE/TRI, IC and DH. The time and devotion you spent on these is outstanding. I am just a little bit hesitant with installation. I did do the "skins" for SOV, and even that adds so much. So any guidance would be appreciated. Either way, congrats on a great effort.

ok, first sorry that this so complicated to install, but thats a more serious attempt to correct a few things (watch the current discussion about france here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?457925-colour-pictures&p=12961403#post12961403 )

ok you download that thingie. there should be a folder called "GER".

1st. copy all those pics in your "AOD/gfx/interface/pics" folder.
2nd. there is a folder called "ZZZZZ - CSVs" at the bottom. search for the german CSVs and copy the ministers list into "db/ministers" and the leaders into "db/leaders" (german only). NOTE: make a backup of your original CSVs!!

well, start game. (again apologies that this so complicated to install but i'm researching since a couple of years now and its impossible to make this as a "drop in")

there are some folders at the bottom which have the "zzz.." in their title. thats just to find them easily. you can find country specific gfx there.

do not hesitate to post; i know thats complicated to install. all you have to backup are the leaders/ministers CSVs to return to the status quo ante if you dont like.

apologies for the complicated installation procedure, but i really want to have these things as original as possible but thats not possible if you design it as a "drop in" package.

if more help is needed please post.

here's a preview for france:

Last edited:
v22 is up please see first post this thread.

note ITA: Barbasetti di Prun, old pic was wrong, new should be correct, some guys added which are completely new

SOV and FRA: vichy and purges events modified. both events refer to the leaders/ministers CSVs (an be found at the end of the package) of those countries and you should take either both things or none of them.

new content mainly for SOV, FRA, GER, ENG, ITA

I got a database mismatch in the 14000 series (I think just one) after doing GER in IC. Thankfully, you don't use those auto installers, or I would be screwed :eek:

On vanilla, I'm sure it works perfect. I love the skins, though. BTW, where do you put the GER_TTS and zzz-tech pics? I assume they don't require CSVs, so should work well for me.

Thanks for your patience. I did get to see the German pics after clicking through the error warnings, and they do make a nice difference.

EDIT: Working perfectly with CORE. What a great mod, especially when playing Germany! Thanks again. I think IC is just weird sometimes...

Last edited:
rosseau said:
I got a database mismatch in the 14000 series (I think just one) after doing GER in IC.

thats probably because both mods add a lot of new IDs for leaders and some are the same.

rosseau said:
BTW, where do you put the GER_TTS and zzz-tech pics? I assume they don't require CSVs, so should work well for me.

they require CSVs, but these numbers are changed very often in some mods, so i thought it would be best to give the clear name.
the CVSs for TTs can be found in db/tech/teams/...
just open that CSV, rename a pic that you like in T1, T2, or whatever is needed and this should work. the TT pics go where the leaderpics are.
as for the tech pics: these numbers refer to the techs and i made those for vanilla AoD (so if you install it over CORE, you could get a pic of a plane where a tank is needed or such things.
so better AoD vanilla only, or mods which did not change the tech pics.

rosseau said:
Thanks for your patience. I did get to see the German pics after clicking through the error warnings, and they do make a nice difference.
if they're not too many error warnings you should be able to fix this by yourself, i think.
it should basically say, database mismatch, error type = 6 number [something]
that means that two leaders use the same ID number in their lines. maybe write down those numbers, search those in the german CSV and change them into something incredibly high (with backup).
no guarantee but i think it should work.

rosseau said:
EDIT: Working perfectly with CORE. What a great mod, especially when playing Germany!
i didnt test this but technically it should work with CORE.

oh, and let me know if a pic is missing. that happens sometimes and such things need feedback.

Very helpful information. I will give them a try.

i have messed up the format of 4 leaderpics in the recent upload. i added a quickfix (see first post this thread).
if you have installed the CSVs already, all you have to do is to copy those images in AoD/gfx/interface/pics

as for the tech pics: these numbers refer to the techs and i made those for vanilla AoD (so if you install it over CORE, you could get a pic of a plane where a tank is needed or such things.
so better AoD vanilla only, or mods which did not change the tech pics.
We're using moddir within CORE, so if you install the modified imagery in the regular AoD vanilla setup, and have either one of the CORE graphics packs installed, the correct CORE image is displayed if we overrule existing imagery. If not, we're using the vanilla image. Just don't install Bestmajor's modified graphics in the mod-CORE2/gfx folder, but rather in vanilla's /gfx folder, and things should work fine in combination with our mod. :)

EDIT: Working perfectly with CORE. What a great mod, especially when playing Germany! Thanks again. I think IC is just weird sometimes...
Just checking: are you using our COLOR graphics pack or not? As Bestmajor and I worked together on the German generals and admirals for more than a year, a lot of them should be included in the mod by default. Having said that, the major went on with this massive undertaking, whilst I got other priorities. So the major deserves most of the credit, obviously.

Last edited: