• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bestmajor

Field Marshal
40 Badges
Jun 5, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Darkest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
just another thread from me.

pictures for ministers and leaders + other stuff in colour for AoD.

DOWNLOAD v 47 b:

v47 b (updated July 2016)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/5z5vnkzqf4en/COLOUR_v47_b.rar

Germany is fully covered (unless adolf gets couped :D). hundreds of entries changed and modded, hundreds of generals and admirals removed or added/tweaked.

ITALY has about 150 pics in colour right now. a lot of changes have been made, generals and admirals added and removed. nothing additional needed for a good AoD game.

You will still need the pics of JAPAN IMPROVED to have it full. a lot of new leaders and ministers added compared to the B&W version.

Same as for Japan; get the B&W version HERE

NATIONAL IDEAS?
Made by Epaminondas:D

the rest should work fine with AoD.
other GFX mods like DMP or GIP should be installed before this one.

feedback is appreciated.
bm

EDIT: example how to install:

1. get AoD, patch it up to 1.08
2. install all other GFX mods (GIP, DMP TTP or whatever) first
3. put all pics (only pics) from ROM improved and JAP improved into the gfx folder of AoD

4. now download "colour pictures" (the "alternative download" is the last version of the mod)
5. extract colour pictures on your desktop (NOT in the game)

now we want to install the biggest country, germany:

a) take the leaders CSV from "colour pictures/ZZZZZ - CSVs/DB/leaders/.." and put it into "... AoD/DB/leaders"
take the ministers CSV from "colour pictures/ZZZZZ - CSVs/DB/ministers/.." and put it into "... AoD/DB/ministers"

take the unit pictures from "colour pictures/GER/models" and copy them into "AoD/gfx/interface/models"
take the ministers and leaders pictures from "colour pictures/GER" and copy them into "AoD/gfx/interface/pics"

copy the dormant leaders from "colour/GER/Anschluss_Dormant_etc/Dormant_leaders.txt" into "AoD/scenarios/1936/germany.txt"
replace the events for germany in "AoD/DB/events/germany.txt" (these are the Anschluss of austria events where dormant leaders are woken up)

the tech team pictures can be added manually. the Tech pictures and all the rest should be copied inot the rght place.

the only events changed are the Anschluss event for germany, the Vichy event for france and the Purges events for the soviet union

the rest is simply dropping in

Last edited:
Excellent, thank you.

bestmajor is one of the most dedicated modders out there. It takes a lot of effort to find missing pics and fix wrong entries. Believe me, I know from experience :)

thanks yes, i still use your fins in my games, very cool stuff and USA as a reference.

Excellent, thank you.

bestmajor is one of the most dedicated modders out there. It takes a lot of effort to find missing pics and fix wrong entries. Believe me, I know from experience :)
Took the words out of my mout... err, fingers.

Thumbs up, bestmajor - another bull's eye from you!

thanks Titan, your translation helped.

remember? :D
You're welcome...

...and of course I remember :) . Waiting for others to be checked, by the way... ;)

You're welcome...

...and of course I remember :) . Waiting for others to be checked, by the way... ;)

wow i'll take a break now (definately). if you want to help install these and critize the leaders - skills, traits, promotion dates etc (Fürstbischof did this some months ago and that was a little waking call for me).
if you want i can make a conversion in B&W - its just silly if you never get substantial feedback.

EDIT: err, now that you're mentioning it... any idea? http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=181096
no replies, no other sources - a HoI general. maybe if you translate this could give me a hint? (posted a link there)

Last edited:
Zincone seems to be more of an interwar leader. i'll better add an OG or remove him completely?

I'd scratch him altogether, to be honest. He doesn't seem to have had any meaningful role in WW2; so no Old Guard for him (but that's only IMO, of course).

btw i toyed a bit with the "Attackplatta" for different nations and wanted to hear some opinions?

btw i toyed a bit with the "Attackplatta" for different nations and wanted to hear some opinions?

:eek:hmy:

...WONDERFUL work!!! I'll test them in my next game.

Thank you for this! (and very good idea you've had, btw)

it was actually Puma from DMP who had the idea to mod this particular item. i just thought the german soldier would be silly if i play with japan or SOV, so i thought i'll add some alternatives.

if you want to try out look here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/bestmajor file is called "zzzzz - misc"
(its a rip off from my "colour pics" and not fully done yet, but i try to have nation specific gfx for at least the majors (or better: those few majors i tend to play).

"The file you are looking for seems to be unavailable at the moment. Please come back later."
No worries, I'll come back later. :)

Well, then kudos to Puma for the idea but your reinterpretation of it is very good. And yes, I agree - having country-unique graphics is important! ;)

well i'll add it here for a little time then.

Titan said:
And yes, I agree - having country-unique graphics is important!

should actually be added at the list of wishes: having a Attackplatta_countrytag, Dip_influence_nation_countrytag, etc.

well i'll add it here for a little time then.
Thanks, dl'd it :) .

should actually be added at the list of wishes: having a Attackplatta_countrytag, Dip_influence_nation_countrytag, etc.
Hm, maybe. But a solution like the one used in the Tripartite Pack could do as well, IMHO (installing country-specific packs for the nation you're going to play). A bit "cruder" way but it does work indeed ;) .