• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hagar said:
If not, we're using the vanilla image. Just don't install Bestmajor's modified graphics in the mod-CORE2/gfx folder, but rather in vanilla's /gfx folder, and things should work fine in combination with our mod.

well, at least the files which are not affected by sleepleaders events should work? for example Japan, SOV or Italy (no offense intended but i can savely say that the leaders CSV are definately better than the CORE ones).

anyway, new version up (V23!)

the new stuff is mainly for france and the soviet union (including the vichy event and the soviet purges event). a lot of fake people have been replaced by better ones and these two events (vichy and purges) are adjusted as well - however as this is not a real mod but "bm's flea market" - you'll have to copy those events into your game yourself.
this is a *bit* of work but you'll get the best stuff available for the major nations.

DOWNLOAD HERE (colour v23) or first post this thread

current numbers of pics:

majors:

GER - 1717
SOV - 376
ENG - 343
FRA - 326
JAP - 210
USA - 174
ITA - 167
CHI - 34

minors:

AUS - 77
ROM - 74
HUN - 69
POL - 56
IND - 42
AST - 32

Last edited:
well, at least the files which are not affected by sleepleaders events should work? for example Japan, SOV or Italy (no offense intended but i can savely say that the leaders CSV are definately better than the CORE ones).
I don't doubt it, knowing your work... :) We really should compare the two and integrate most of it. But it's all about priorities, and my time is rather limited these days.

I don't like limited times. Grrrrrr. ;)

Bestmajor, the decision has been made... Go join the corporation, a small business such as yours is hardly going to survive in the ever changing world.

No but seriously am really happy to see you guys considering ploughing along.

@Hister: yeah i already thought about integrating CORE into my mod :p
shouldnt be too much work, just a couple of events have to be adjusted (anschluss, vichy, purges), seriously if this would be part of a mod, i would have to explain changes and justify additions and deletions, etc.
far too much talk for me - i'm really faster alone (except for some help from benden, Hagar and Titan of course) - right now its a suggestion if you want and maybe you like to customize your own games?

Hagar said:
We really should compare the two and integrate most of it. But it's all about priorities, and my time is rather limited these days.
the problem is this one is never really ready or fully done, so even if you take one version now, it'll be obsolete next year - if interested try winmerge, i know that benden uses it to spot the changes i made (but you know such things probably better anyway).

btw this one was wrong in v22, now corrected (maybe von Stülpnagel but i'm not sure)

...(except for some help from benden, Hagar and Titan of course)...
That's too kind of you, thank you :) .

Always at disposal for helping a fellow modder and great work, by the way!

its called i'm in the Führerreserve of course!! not "at disposal"!! :laugh:
Sure! ...as long as you don't mean it in the second sense of it (you know, the place for troublesome officers... ;) ).

Just think of me as an "Ersatz-Modder" whenever you need some help :D ;)

Modder z.b.V. lol...

as for the english description, in this case the german wiki is better, FR doesnt necessarily mean that you're troublesome.

Modder z.b.V. lol...
:D

as for the english description, in this case the german wiki is better, FR doesnt necessarily mean that you're troublesome.
Well, no, I know. At least in the English wiki, it says that it "could also be a place..." so no problem. I take the first meaning as the right one ;) .

yes, of course!

little mistake spotted in Soviet leaders CSV:
Kutsevalov;10188;SOV;1939;1942;1946;1990;2;6;4096;3;0;5;0;Kutsevalov_Timofei_Fedorovich3_colour_sov;1939;1970;x

should be
Kutsevalov;10188;SOV;1939;1942;1946;1990;2;6;4096;3;0;5;2;Kutsevalov_Timofei_Fedorovich3_colour_sov;1939;1970;x

otherwise you'll have a land leader with a superior tactician trait.

here's a little preview for those interested

first line POL (eg Langner, Fabrycy, Boncza-Uzdowski, Grzmot-Skotnicki, Jagmin-Sadowski, Knoll-Kownacki, Prich and others - dang i had to copy-paste those names lol)
2nd line SOV (3 admirals - 2 new - + Kozyr + Bagramian no 2)
and an alternative for Johann Pflugbeil, GER

EDIT:
Karpon;9999;SOV;1942;1944;1990;1990;2;6;4;2;0;5;0;L9999;1942;1970;x
seems to be just another version of Mikhail Kirponos?

L9999 = this image

Last edited:
Got to hand it to you, major, you're absolutely tireless in your search for historical accuracy. Does my heart good - and my head in.
True words.

Wouldn't it be for bestmajor, the overall accuracy and feeling of many mods, and of the core game itself (pun intended ;) ), would be far lower.

another TT pic, for USA. Admiral John Towers, US navy
(naval aviaton - maybe i should rename the thread in "BM's Art of WW2" ;) )

btw new version is out (v24). its a small one, but some tech pics and 2 brand new portuguese admirals, see 1st post this thread

- pic of John Dill is usually wrong, old HoI mistake, now corrected (showed image of canadian GG)

Last edited:
It's almost incredible to think that these pics have been originally shot in b/w... My congratulations, best!

thanks, but there are 3 original colour pics in it, mybe you can find? :)

thanks, but there are 3 original colour pics in it, mybe you can find?
...definitely no :laugh: (I doubt I'd be able to and, in any case, it would take a lot of time... I trust you :))