Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pride of Nations: The Franco-Prussian War 1870 Released

61 games registered

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Pride of Nations: The Franco-Prussian War 1870 Released

This scenario covers the longest and bloodiest war in Europe during the 19th century. During this time, we saw the end of Napoleon III’s Imperial France and the advent of the Second Reich under the watch of Otto von Bismarck. Prussia and her allies must crush the armies of France, invade the country and capture Paris before the end of 1871 with just your armies and excellent leadership. France has quality troops and abysmal command but can soon rely on Republican spirit to turn the tide. Nothing is decided from start, it’s all yours to re-live!

The new DLC is available here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/73194/

Click image for larger version

Name:	capsule_467x181.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	39727

More about the game:
    Product page: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/pride-of-nations
    Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/PrideOfNations
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/PrideOfNations
    Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ide-of-Nations

Deus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper Fi

But... this scenario is included in the L beta patch...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    "Longest war in Europe during the 19th century"? Are you sure? How about the Napoleonic wars, the Greek and Italian wars of independence, the Carlist wars, the Crimean war...? :confiused:

That struck me too. But it's probably just some over-ambitious add maker in the lower ranks of the company structure let loose.

Yeah most of the 19th century Napoleonic wars had the 1870 Franco-Prussian war beat in duration. As far as bloodiness goes thats debatable I guess.

And yes I'm puzzled too, in that I see a FPW scenario comes with the new "lima" patch. Now granted it crashed when I tried to run it the other day, however, I think I read there was a free hotfix for it (correct?) ... so, ???

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junuxx View Post
    "Longest war in Europe during the 19th century"? Are you sure? How about the Napoleonic wars, the Greek and Italian wars of independence, the Carlist wars, the Crimean war...? :confiused:
    Same here. Quite surprising to see that a company which does generate that many war scenarios and games evolving around wars does know so little about history.

As a matter of months, not the longest war, but in terms of armies engaged and losses suffered it was the largest in Europe in the century between the defeat of Napoleon and the Guns of August.

In all honesty, this is an oversight, but this is the beta version of the scenario, so people wanting the final thing will still need the DLC in the end (plus we plan to update its content). Not sure why the adjective 'longest' was added to the description also, perhaps someone got carried away!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Garnet View Post
    As a matter of months, not the longest war, but in terms of armies engaged and losses suffered it was the largest in Europe in the century between the defeat of Napoleon and the Guns of August.
    But they describe it as "The longest and bloodiest war in Europe during the 19th century." which includes the Napoleonic wars (such as the war between Britain and France 1803-1814) which is much longer.
    PoN Beta

I think the description refers only to 'wars during the industrial era', with Crimea being the first I would say.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pocus View Post
    I think the description refers only to 'wars during the industrial era', with Crimea being the first I would say.
    "Longest war in the era between other wars that were longer" :crackedtoothgrin:

What about the 1st danish vs. sleswig-holstein war 1848-50 (known as the three years war in Denmark)

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions

It's the longest war between 1869 and 1871, everybody be quiet now.

East vs. West - A Hearts of Iron Game | Forum | Teaser | Trailer | FAQ

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Buy the DLC and make it the longest war. It is worth it... Nice scenario!

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Not to nag, but are there any plans for releasing new GC start dates as DLC/patch? I'd definitely be interested in that.

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2Semper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronolog View Post
    Not to nag, but are there any plans for releasing new GC start dates as DLC/patch? I'd definitely be interested in that.
    Yes, there are plans for that... a GC that will start later than in 1850.
    AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!
    FACEBOOK: AGEOD - Pride of Nations
    Pride of Nations already available!! - AGEOD forum - Paradox forum
    -------
    Football Manager: La AAR chaquetera oficial FM 2007, FM 2008

Deus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Pocus View Post
    In all honesty, this is an oversight, but this is the beta version of the scenario, so people wanting the final thing will still need the DLC in the end (plus we plan to update its content). Not sure why the adjective 'longest' was added to the description also, perhaps someone got carried away!
    But... Is the PW DLC as it is now the same as the one included in L patch or are there already some differences ??

There are differences in OOB I believe

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2Semper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by FranciscusX View Post
    But... Is the PW DLC as it is now the same as the one included in L patch or are there already some differences ??
    The one included on the beta patch was an older version.
    AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!
    FACEBOOK: AGEOD - Pride of Nations
    Pride of Nations already available!! - AGEOD forum - Paradox forum
    -------
    Football Manager: La AAR chaquetera oficial FM 2007, FM 2008

Victoria: Revolutions

Small point but the French 1st Reserve Cavalry Division, an Algerian unit with the Reserve Cavalry in Sedan has no sprite or picture in the DLC FPW scenario.

There are differences in OOB I believe
    That there are and the French Navy seems to have its full complement of ironclads among other things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast