• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(373169)

Recruit
1 Badges
Sep 3, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
I bought Cities In Motion today, but when I try to play te game, everything is very slow. When I want to move the mouse, it moves, but a few seconds later than I meant. I have a new laptop (Lenovo W520) with great specs. However, the game is still slow. Can I solve this problem, and how?

For technical questions please post the problem and your system specs on the Tech Support. Our team will be happy to help you out :)

hi i have same problem really slow
had a lot of problems getting it to come on at all,used to just crash when clicking play.
i have a acer duel core 2.67(turbo) i5 processer. 4gb ram with intel hd graphics card with 250gb hard drive.which is around three weeks old.
anything i can do to solve this issue
thankyou in advance
dh

hi i have same problem really slow
had a lot of problems getting it to come on at all,used to just crash when clicking play.
i have a acer duel core 2.67(turbo) i5 processer. 4gb ram with intel hd graphics card with 250gb hard drive.which is around three weeks old.
anything i can do to solve this issue
thankyou in advance
dh

Your graphic card is not supported by the game.

I bought Cities In Motion today, but when I try to play te game, everything is very slow. When I want to move the mouse, it moves, but a few seconds later than I meant. I have a new laptop (Lenovo W520) with great specs. However, the game is still slow. Can I solve this problem, and how?

After a quick look on google your laptop might not have a dedicated graphic card, unless you paid for one of the top versions.

I don`t understand how people expect notebooks with on-board cards to run modern games flawlessly.

looks like intel suck

Intel doesn`t suck. Actually their on-board cards are pretty nice for the job they were designed for. They weren`t made to play games.

Last edited:
The mini view AND the vehicule window make the game terribly slow. I usualy desactive mini view, but there's no solution for the vehicule window.

looks like intel suck
Like Kayapo told you, Intel graphic card are not made to play modern games. You get what you pay for.

After a quick look on google your laptop might not have a dedicated graphic card, unless you paid for one of the top versions.
I don`t understand how people expect notebooks with on-board cards to run modern games flawlessly.
Intel doesn`t suck. Actually their on-board cards are pretty nice for the job they were designed for. They weren`t made to play games.

Hi! I have the same Notebook and the same problem. And in our notebooks are actually even two graphic-cards. You're right, tho Intel-onboard-version but also a Nvidia Quadro 1000M, 2000M or 3000M. And these are pretty fast 3D-Graphicscards..

In my Notebook I have a Nvidia Quadro 1000M with 2Gb of RAM, an i7 2830QM Quadcore-Processor, 8Gb of RAM and a SSD-drive. So the possible performance of the hardware can not be the problem...

Does anybody have an idea what we can try out, exept of dowloading the newest driver?

Greetings,
Markus

Last edited:
Problem solved!

OK, I tried a little more and found the problem. The automatic switch between the two graphics-cards doesn't work with this game.
I downloaded the newest NVIDIA-driver from their website. Not sure if you have to.
So all you have to do then is got to the NVIDIA system-settings in the System-Menu and go to the 3D-Settings on the left.
There you can change which graphics-card should generally be used. Change it from automatic to NVIDIA highperformance or something.

You can even set this setting for individual programs, and not only in general. That would be even better because you don't have to change it after every game then.

Hope this helped! :)
MARKUS

The problem is that they and the laptop manufacturers market their graphics cards as Gaming Capable to the public who doesn't know better. I believe the way the court rulings have phrased it is similar to "that could be perceived as being misleading to the consumer" (and sometimes manufacturers).

It's a very big problem with laptops. As you said, the chipset makers routinely lie in their marketing and if you are inexperienced and do get duped, you will have to buy another laptop if you wish to play the game. If you are dealing with a desktop user, at the very least you could probably recommend an inexpensive video card that he could just pop in and get the game to a playable state.

Boost performance

If you've been having issues with low or frantic frame rates these two solved it for me:

Go to Graphics options and:

ENABLE system cursor
DISABLE vertical sync

Cities in Motion's engine still needs optimization, and still produces sub-50fps but at least they're now stable, and above 20-30fps most of the time. My specs: Asus G73JW (i7-740, 8gb ram, nvidia 460gtx)

~M

jesus trimatrix, you have such a low fps for such a beast of a machine! O_O
Better to ask you, which map are you getting that fps on, and after how many years spent in-game ? I have sub 30 FPS (around 10-20) in Berlin, after 30+ years of playing (with big transport network), with a quad core @ 3ghz, 5 gb ram, nvidia 8800GT. I checked ram and CPU usage while playing, and it's nowhere near it's maximum.
So i'm guessing, if i get a stronger graphics card with 1gb of ram, it should be much better ;)

Does your game get faster when your looking at an empty bit of flat countryside and not moving? If not, then it is probably the CPU that is limiting things, not the graphics card. This game is usually limited by the clock speed of a single core of the CPU.

It runs slow on my PC. But thats cause its low spec. It shouldnt even be able to run on my PC but it does. It wont run on my other PC with a higher spec though. But thats cause the 1 it does run on has an AMD Athlon II x3 425 2.7ghz the other PC is intel Pentium 4 4ghz. CPU usage on the AMD is 2% on the intel its 100%. The AMD has Nvidia 9200 GPU the Intel has an ATI radion But dont know which 1 and cant find out cause it wont even boot up now lol. But i find that all the AMD systems ive had has always worked a lot better on games than the Intel systems ive had. From comparisson sites i see that a low spec AMD CPU out preforms intel 2 specs higher for games and Intel is faster for other stuff. IE on Games a 2ghz AMD double core will run the same speed as a 4ghz Intel triple core. Plus AMD is cheaper than Intel. But that was before the i series came out so dont know what their like now.