• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Trunyx

Second Lieutenant
38 Badges
Jun 3, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
In Hearts of Iron 2 times, there was (and still is) a thread called "HoI2 Grand Flag/Graphic Request" (F***ing big thread :O ). But now Hearts of Iron 2 is "outdated" and fewer people are looking into the HOI2 Forum. Unfortunately they are still "many" requests so I thought, why don't open a Flag and Graphics here? We are very active and many ,who can't own photoshop or can't understand Graphic design, should have a place where they can ask for graphics.
Maybe this will be successful and get sticked but we will see.
We all don't want unreleased mods, because there were no Graphics.
So post your Graphic and say what you want.
Shield, or a event pic.
There will be volunteers I hope!

this is the thread which i think may answer my question, how do you get a single flag out of these, or is it not possible
birx.png

No,
I don't think it's possible. You need a clear flag like:
de_naval.gif

Could you guys make this? :D

I plan on using it for a Wehrmacht controlled German state I'm doing, with people like Kurt von Schielcher, Ludwig Beck and others.

HOI2 style would be just fine. :D

Thanks!!

This can be "transformed" into Darkest Hour Flags or old Flag style

Is there a clear tutorial anywhere on making flags for DH? The flag makers are probably on everlasting vacation because no one has written down how to do it. ;)

Is there a clear tutorial anywhere on making flags for DH? The flag makers are probably on everlasting vacation because no one has written down how to do it. ;)

The flags are just like HOI2 flags. You will need to use a flag maker from the HOI2 forums.

The flags are just like HOI2 flags. You will need to use a flag maker from the HOI2 forums.

Know where I can get my hands on this flag maker? Would I need need photoshop for it?

You do need Photoshop. Sorry about that. Here's the link:http://hoiflags.blogspot.com/2011/01/hoi1-deluxe-eu3-style-shield-and-flag.html

Hoiflags are the best place to get flags. The owner split them into both nation and ideology. He also listed random flags but He doesn't update often.

Want it like this?
Or want an transparent?
italian.png

italianani.png

346oq34.jpg

zj9pgl.jpg

Try this. It's my first rodeo with the flag maker, and there's the possibility it may have gotten resized when I uploaded to tinypic. I saved them both as 16bit BMPs, but tinypic converted them to JPGs. I think you'll need to convert them back to use them with DH.

@
That isn't DH Style

@skbrewer Yes, the two triangles must be transparent, thanks!

@Trunyx The flag you made is rotated by 90 degrees :D

In the meanwhile I found the FlagMaker program and I tried to make my version, but I'm not satisfied with them...

3590awz.jpg

2qnxn37.jpg

What's not DH style about them? I used the HoI2 map converter I was pointed to by Supeerme. This is what I mean though, about there not being more people making flags because there isn't a concrete FAQ somewhere on how to do it for Darkest Hour.